How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

Dentist and hygienist for checkup, scale and polish at 11 am this morning. This should have been last month, but staff couldn't get in because of snow. Today the weather is much better so plan to get some washing done and on the line to dry before we head out. Hopefully then we will get some work done in the garden after lunch.

Today I am expecting rain so probably not taking a walk today. Working my way through a pile of paper that accumulated on my table. Probably reading and maybe later watch a DVD on the new portable DVD player I just got. I like it and have been watching some movies that I never saw but had bought before I ever moved here 6 years ago.

Cancelled an appointment at the hospital for next week because I knew I wouldn't want to go. I'll rebook for another time.

Have to do laundry, so it's the usual task of sorting that out.

Dog has been walked. Still not a great time walking him due to the rain, which has been daily. He doesn't mind splashing through puddles and mud, but the human not so much.

@hearlady Me, too! I call that the "Clarence" section and visit Clarence first. Sometimes you really gotta wonder why some of the plants are there because there's nothing wrong with them at all. Other times you gotta wonder why some of them are there because they can't be saved no matter what.

I need marigolds and potting soil and geraniums. DD works at her go-to-the-office job today so not sure that she'll be willing to take me back to the garden center. If not? It's still only the end of March. They'll be there for a long while yet.

Dang. it's 7am and still dark. I wanna go out and play in the dirt.

Dark at 7am ?.. wow Gigi..... :eek:

Our clocks go forward on Sunday... and so we'll have the lighter evenings, and there was us thinking we'd missed the snow this winter... and looks like we might not have...

82990321-13247691-image-a-106_1711624580456.jpg
this was this morning further down south/west....200 miles away
82990317-13247691-image-a-110_1711624736762.jpg

We don't have snow yet, but we do have heavy rain and High Winds.... and I have to go out shortly to the hospital to have blood tests.. thankfully it's not far... . I was going to do other things today while I was out, but I'm not feeling 100 % so I'll just go and come back to the hospital and do my other things another day. It's supposed to be sunny at the weekend..

Not long back from the hospital. The waiting room was packed solid.. , but the queue moved pretty fast. I waited just 30 minutes over my time. Torrential rain... so my intent was just to go to the appointment and straight home, but when I came out I drove to M&S foodhall and bought up a dozen cheese scones, and 6 spiced buns...and then drove straight home.

Funny co-incidence today. I was just thinking the other day that it's been a long time since I saw a Nun... and today the only spare seat in the waiting room was next to a Nun in full working habit who was also waiting to have bloods drawn..

Tonight I'll move from the guest room back to DH & my bedroom. Have had only negative Covid tests since Saturday so It appear I'll be spared a Covid relapse. 🤞

I'm in the process of laundering all the guest room/guest bath bedding and towels so I can reset that room from being my sickroom to the main guest room. When it warms up in a few hours we'll open those windows to air everything out.

For now, when in public I'm masking up despite being negative. I get some funny looks, but having had both the flu and Covid over the past 4 weeks, it seems prudent to give my immune system a break before the next contender steps in the ring and takes a swipe at me.

Y'all. I have a lotta class. Unfortunately, it's all low ;) :rolleyes: DD made pork chops and gravy the other night. There were leftovers. I was hungry just now and put two pieces of bread in a bowl and ladeled gravy over them. No pork chops. Just bread and gravy. My taste is so...plebian.

It sure was good, and I'm not hungry anymore.

Being picked up by doctor's car service (free ride) at 8:30 am Friday to go to hospital for leg stent procedures, left leg, which has no circulation. If I'm lucky, I might even be home tomorrow night. If I'm even more lucky will be going to see Godzilla X King Kong on Saturday with son/grandson.

Sure hope I'm lucky.

Y'all. I have a lotta class. Unfortunately, it's all low ;) :rolleyes: DD made pork chops and gravy the other night. There were leftovers. I was hungry just now and put two pieces of bread in a bowl and ladeled gravy over them. No pork chops. Just bread and gravy. My taste is so...plebian.

It sure was good, and I'm not hungry anymore.
I used to eat bread and gravy a lot when I was younger.. pretty poor, so it tasted good and filled me up....

I still like to dip bread in gravy sometimes...

I had a wonderful day, playing Easter Bunny 🐰on the local bus, it was wonderful to see people's faces light up with huge smiles.
I nearly boiled to death in the costume, but it was so worth it.:D
Oh Tish...that is so nice of you!

My day: Accounting for my son and me in the early a.m., watched a couple of my shows and took a couple of naps. I also got the kitchen cleaned up, my most hated chore. Did not accomplish nearly enough of what I had planned. :sneaky:

@caramel You are certainly not a slug, though if you feel sluggish at times, you wouldn't be alone. :D You took care of financial things and that means you did something important.

I used to eat bread and gravy a lot when I was younger.. pretty poor, so it tasted good and filled me up....

I still like to dip bread in gravy sometimes...
My mother said that she and her friends in Glasgow would often 'treat' themselves to bread and gravy. She also said that they loved corned beef, but it was regarded as being 'beneath them' so they would go to another part of the city where nobody knew them to buy it.

I experienced a similar thing when I worked in Germany. I only had a small lunch, so sometimes I would go to a local shop and buy some 'Pot noodles' which I prepared in the small kitchen in the office. One day a colleague asked me if I liked them because normally only students or very poor people ate them.

I think that Mrs. L wants to do a little more shopping today. Oh please no, not more shopping. Our freezers are full of half price meat, but we're running light on bread and a few other small items. I'll get my outdoor work done one of these days. The weather turned very windy again yesterday, so no gardening again. Please please please, can we have some decent weather.

Back