How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

Morning all....slept better last nite thankfully...brain still fuzzy
I guess,,,,put on pants with braces, then tried to put on thermal
top over braces, thought about that a second, would not do,
so pulled one brace down and started to put top on, welp,
guess that won't work either.....so you can see how this is
going today ~~~!!! LOL....:p:geek:

A company is coming today to quote us on a shower remodel. After six years, back problems, prostate surgery, DH is willing to put some work in someone else's hands. Fingers crossed he doesn't drive them out of here if they come on to strong, or worse, can't answer the 1,000 questions he'll have waiting. 😊
I'm laughing because that's exactly how my husband reacts. Can't blame him because he's very good at doing stuff, and tbf, outside workmen now seem to be a lot more slapdash than in previous years... however I hope your husband is satisfied with the plumber/shower guy, and he sits back happy knowing he didn't have to do the work.. (y)

Well after yesterdays storm you wouldn't even know there had been one if you look today. When I got up the sun was shining, everywhere was dried out except the grass... and I hope that all the planes and trains are working to get everyone away on their Easter break.

It's now overcast here at coming up to 12.30... and still a little windy... but I've no plans to go anywhere today. It would be madness driving on the Great Easter Getaway roads.... so I'm staying home..and will probably set up my new Max 11 Fire Tablet...

I'm laughing because that's exactly how my husband reacts. Can't blame him because he's very good at doing stuff, and tbf, outside workmen now seem to be a lot more slapdash than in previous years... however I hope your husband is satisfied with the plumber/shower guy, and he sits back happy knowing he didn't have to do the work.. (y)
I know! When you talk about your husband fixing everything I can relate. He is a craftsman and can't abide shoddy work.
I thought his head was going to blow off when we moved here and painters were painting over dust. The real estate agent had to intervene. 😊

Well after yesterdays storm you wouldn't even know there had been one if you look today. When I got up the sun was shining, everywhere was dried out except the grass... and I hope that all the planes and trains are working to get everyone away on their Easter break.

It's now overcast here at coming up to 12.30... and still a little windy... but I've no plans to go anywhere today. It would be madness driving on the Great Easter Getaway roads.... so I'm staying home..and will probably set up my new Max 11 Fire Tablet...
Same here. Dark and rainy all day yesterday but today is bright and shiny!

My mother said that she and her friends in Glasgow would often 'treat' themselves to bread and gravy. She also said that they loved corned beef, but it was regarded as being 'beneath them' so they would go to another part of the city where nobody knew them to buy it.

I experienced a similar thing when I worked in Germany. I only had a small lunch, so sometimes I would go to a local shop and buy some 'Pot noodles' which I prepared in the small kitchen in the office. One day a colleague asked me if I liked them because normally only students or very poor people ate them.

I think that Mrs. L wants to do a little more shopping today. Oh please no, not more shopping. Our freezers are full of half price meat, but we're running light on bread and a few other small items. I'll get my outdoor work done one of these days. The weather turned very windy again yesterday, so no gardening again. Please please please, can we have some decent weather.
LOL..Pot noodles are usually only bought by Students in the UK as well... :ROFLMAO:

Your mother was of course from a different era than me... but growing up corned beef hash was a great meal in everyone's houses that I knew.. and in ours too ( from a can)... ...however my mother wouldn't send me to buy corned beef from the dairy, as a cold cut... because it was looked on as a cheap meat..same with spam, luncheon meat etc....

This is the tailback traffic on the Easter Getaway...

Why people do this, I can never understand.. even when I was working I would choose other dates for my holidays.. never go in school holiday time.. because of this.. and the very high prices charged by airlines, boats, hotels.. et al..

83027997-13251635-image-a-74_1711704637630.jpg

83027995-13251635-image-a-75_1711704693858.jpg

heathrow airport...this morning..
83025651-13251635-The_British_Airways_check_in_desks_at_Heathrow_Terminal_5_are_al-a-63_1711702670924.jpg

83029909-13251635-image-a-78_1711708959677.jpg

..and all these pictures are just from here in the South , and the rest of the Uk will be similar...

We slept in this morning,, spend some time on the computer looking for interesting places to go.
Hubby is bored,,, but ended up spiting wood .
I'll make some lunch.

Have pile of mending to do.

Oldest son can't make it for Easter weekend,, he's on call at one of the plants.

Youngest son has his MIL & family to deal with for Easter.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

So glad to know that other people are partial to bread and gravy. I wasn't even going to admit it, but we're an anonymous board here, so why not? LOL It's another I-don't-feel-like-cooking-but-I'm-hungry day. Spaghetti noodles with basil pesto. I'm calling the basil pesto a green vegetable. Works for me.

Very warm and sunny here. Yippee. Warmer and sunny tomorrow and Sunday and Monday. Rain predicted for Tuesday, but who cares? I work on Tuesday.

Tomorrow after work I have to get back to the weeding. Ugh. Then it's time to do the back-breaking chore of spreading mulch. Sigh.

Upper pictures: my daughter's family just came back from their camping trip at Lake Elsinore. While gone, my grandson turned 5, and I am calling him now "a handful," and he is. LOL. But it took him a while to figure out that "a handful" also means five. On his birthday, I had called him via iPhone video and sang, "happy birthday ...." He was excited that I remembered his special day.

Lower pictures: our 1986 Ford 150 P/U cost $8,000, and the move-on camper with a pop-up roof was $3,500. When my children were at the age of my grandson, we took them to places like Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, Key West in Florida, Halifax in New England, East to West in Canada, driving up to the top of Pike's Peak at 14,000+ feet or 4,200+ meters altitude, and camping over Thanksgiving at Death Valley below sea level. In those days, gas was still affordable at 60 cents a gallon.

In NYC we took the boat to the Statue of Liberty, and left our car and camper with 13 locks at the Battery Park. And yes, no one touched it. In Canada, my youngest daughter was baptized while visiting relatives. Watching whales at the Scammon Lagoon in Baja California, my then 5-year old daughter gave me under the table all her best cards because she wanted daddy to win. An up to the age of 7, she even wanted to marry me, My little girl always spoiled me. Memories, memories.

Ethan 5 years old.jpgEthan 5 years.jpg
IMGP2965.JPGIMGP2967.JPG

Last edited:
great photos. Yes little girls always want to marry their daddies, and little boys their mums.. they think it means they'll be with them forever.....sadly by the time they get to teen years they are desperate to do anything but spend any time with their parents...:ROFLMAO:

Back