How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

Since the real feel reached 82 today, I took the train to the Hoboken park again and walked to the Newport area where the sculpture is. I used to think it was a long distance but it isn't. I just found out today that areas is actually Jersey City. I had lunch at an Asian restaurant that is nestled within the condo area that has a beach vibe (3rd photo). It was cute seeing little toddlers playing in the sand. I ordered vegetarian dumplings, half of which I brought home. I hadn't had a Fanta orange soda in a long time so even though I brought my own drink, I decided to have that instead.

I was on my way back to catch the train when I took the 4th photo, which is about 1/4 of the distance from the sculpture, back to the train station, seen across the water (the tall tower with the clock). I walked 2.6 miles, stopping a couple of times to sit and watch the water. I was really feeling adventurous so rode backwards on the way home, something I used to dislike. But I think I actually see more of the scenery that way. I ate dinner and napped for a couple of hours. Just had a snack & took the rest of my meds.

20230515_111733.jpg

20240415_125709.jpg

20231004_131247.jpg

The top of the railings in this section of the park are a pretty pink (you can tell a bit better in the last photo but they are an even lighter pink). Seems to add to the beachy vibe.

20240415_140818.jpg

20231004_120709.jpg

Last edited:
Since the real feel reached 82 today, I took the train to the Hoboken park again and walked to the Newport area where the sculpture is. I used to think it was a long distance but it isn't. I just found out today that areas is actually Jersey City. I had lunch at an Asian restaurant that is nestled within the condo area that has a beach vibe (3rd photo). It was cute seeing little toddlers playing in the sand. I ordered vegetarian dumplings, half of which I brought home. I hadn't had a Fanta orange soda in a long time so even though I brought my own drink, I decided to have that instead.

I walked from where I took the 4th photo, which is about 3/4 of the distance I had walked, back to the train station. seen across the water (the tall tower with the clock). I walked 2.6 miles, stopping a couple of times to sit and watch the water. I was really feeling adventurous so rode backwards on the way home, something I used to dislike. But I think I actually see more of the scenery that way. I ate dinner and napped for a couple of hours. Just had a snack & took the rest of my meds.

View attachment 340752

View attachment 340750

View attachment 340753

The top of the railings in this section of the park are a pretty pink (you can tell a bit better in the last photo but it's a lighter pink). Seems to add to the beachy vibe.

View attachment 340751

View attachment 340754
I would so love to take a walk with you. Keep in mind that you would have to talk the whole time, about the area and your exciting life. It would be so much fun lunch would not be enough, you would have to be agreeable to dinner out and your son would have to join us. He might have to push me around in a wheelchair at the end of the day. It looks so beautiful there, even in the big city!!

Nostalgia can be consuming, if you allow it. Whilst I do love the music and fashions of the, between the wars, 1920's & 30's, there is much more to enjoy, like ballroom dancing, or my classic MG car and my jukebox. My wife and I, however do indulge in a 1920's/30's annual event in London called The Grand Flaneur Walk: The spiel of The Walk goes like this.

"The purpose of the Grand Flaneur Walk is not to walk with any intention of arriving at any particular destination. This, in the age of irritating devices buzzing with scheduled appointments and people shouting “Where are you?” into their telephones, is more difficult than it sounds. To saunter without purpose is truly an art, and one at which the those who regularly attend our Grand Flaneur Walks are past masters."

Yesterday my lady asked me to try on the new trousers that she has made for me for this year's 'Walk.' The pants were a perfect fit, but I did say that I had intended wearing a different pair that the lady had previously made. We then got into arguing about what goes with what, in the end I dressed up in what I had planned to wear and followed that with modelling my new trousers and an outfit to go with them. Now I am no nearer deciding, but what I shall do, is wear one for the walk and the other for the evening function.

In the first paragraph I mentioned nostalgia, let me give you a flavour of what The Grand Flaneur Walk is all about.

GFW-7-992x1024.jpgGFW-6-943x1024.jpgGFW-4-1022x1024.jpgGFW-1024x1019.jpggrand-flan-24.jpg

At present I cannot show you my attire for the day but I can describe it. The blazer my lady came across whilst we were at a vintage fair, she had to alter it to make it fit comfortably. The trousers and shirts in both photos she made herself. I will post them later, the photo limit is five per post. Can you guess what my outfit will look like?

Nostalgia can be consuming, if you allow it. Whilst I do love the music and fashions of the, between the wars, 1920's & 30's, there is much more to enjoy, like ballroom dancing, or my classic MG car and my jukebox. My wife and I, however do indulge in a 1920's/30's annual event in London called The Grand Flaneur Walk: The spiel of The Walk goes like this.

"The purpose of the Grand Flaneur Walk is not to walk with any intention of arriving at any particular destination. This, in the age of irritating devices buzzing with scheduled appointments and people shouting “Where are you?” into their telephones, is more difficult than it sounds. To saunter without purpose is truly an art, and one at which the those who regularly attend our Grand Flaneur Walks are past masters."

Yesterday my lady asked me to try on the new trousers that she has made for me for this year's 'Walk.' The pants were a perfect fit, but I did say that I had intended wearing a different pair that the lady had previously made. We then got into arguing about what goes with what, in the end I dressed up in what I had planned to wear and followed that with modelling my new trousers and an outfit to go with them. Now I am no nearer deciding, but what I shall do, is wear one for the walk and the other for the evening function.

In the first paragraph I mentioned nostalgia, let me give you a flavour of what The Grand Flaneur Walk is all about.

View attachment 340762View attachment 340763View attachment 340764View attachment 340765View attachment 340761

At present I cannot show you my attire for the day but I can describe it. The blazer my lady came across whilst we were at a vintage fair, she had to alter it to make it fit comfortably. The trousers and shirts in both photos she made herself. I will post them later, the photo limit is five per post. Can you guess what my outfit will look like?
I will admit it, I am still laughing, she just wanted to see you modeling your boxers!! True lust never dies!!

I will admit it, I am still laughing, she just wanted to see you modeling your boxers!! True lust never dies!!
Modelling my underwear indeed. Let me share a secret, I hope my lady doesn't see this. In old age, pee stains from accidental leakage is common place. I check my underwear before putting it in the basket to be washed. Any dubious discolouring gets scrubbed clean then dried on the hot pipe in the central heating cupboard. In her working life my lady was a paramedic in the ambulance service. Times that I heard say: "What is it with men and their leaky plumbing?"

Here are the outfits for The Grand Flaneur: Which to choose? In the second photo the reason the blazer is a stronger yellow is a trick of the sunlight.
002.JPG006.JPG

Okay, I have been silent on this thread for a few days. I had a birthday, not a big deal, I have spent most of the alone. My son's MIL has been quite ill for a couple of weeks. They still don't know what is going on, she fell at home and spent the night on the kitchen floor until she was found.

She broke her back, has brain swelling, very confused, disoriented, and malnourished. She was in the hospital for a week and moved to rehab. They are continuing tests. Her husband passed due to bladder cancer that spread to his brain unexpectantly. He passed after a week in the hospital when they found out.

I still do not know how this happened without anyone being aware something was wrong. She has two daughters, a large family, how could no one see she was losing weight, not normal in her thinking. I get it, you fall apart when you lose you spouse, I have been there but my small family kept an eye on me. I had problems but I never got this sick.

I had that birthday, son called but it was during the week and of course working, doing what he should. He asked if we could go out for lunch on Saturday. That was good. He and grandson would be over to do the yard work and we would go to lunch. Grandson came with a bouquet of flowers and a card. We went to Red Lobster, which was a favorite when my son was growing up. It was out special place, Dad never went. Grandson loves it, his Mom not a fan, an d she was a work. A wonderful day!!

Got home and dropped off. I needed to go to the library to print off some forms for my over 65 tax exemption. I got that done but there was a man there trying to print out some forms for his SSI application. He was having problems and I thought it was because he did not have the change he needed. I offered to help and he brushed me off.

I guess he had the money he needed so I went on my way. I got out to the car and he approached me. He asked if I could take him to the food bank. I had already figured out he was homeless.

I must admit I was stunned, a little afraid but I said sure. So he went and grabbed his stuff, a box of books and his backpack. The food bank was close by but had closed for the day so I took him back to the park at the library. What a struggle he was dealing with.

I had been on the way to Walmart after the library stop so I went on. I thought this man must be hungry so I grabbed a ham sandwich, a bag of chips, an apple, couple of bananas and a large cold water. I thought that might hold him until the food bank opened.

My son would be angry I did this but how can you see someone suffering and not try to help. Was I wrong? I know it was not a good thing but I would want someone to help me if I was in trouble.

Modelling my underwear indeed. Let me share a secret, I hope my lady doesn't see this. In old age, pee stains from accidental leakage is common place. I check my underwear before putting it in the basket to be washed. Any dubious discolouring gets scrubbed clean then dried on the hot pipe in the central heating cupboard. In her working life my lady was a paramedic in the ambulance service. Times that I heard say: "What is it with men and their leaky plumbing?"

Here are the outfits for The Grand Flaneur: Which to choose? In the second photo the reason the blazer is a stronger yellow is a trick of the sunlight.
View attachment 340766View attachment 340767
Good grief, you don't need to worry about that!! I am sure she has the same issue and it probably started long before you had the problem. It is okay and normal for the both of you at this age. You need to sit down and have an honest conversation about the issue and the laundry.

You are both vibrant attractive people, if there is a little leakage now and then it is nothing to be ashamed of in any case. Lord knows I have that problem and I am a lot younger than both of you. I would pee my pants on a daily basis just to be able to go out and enjoy all the things you do.

Okay, I have been silent on this thread for a few days. I had a birthday, not a big deal, I have spent most of the alone. My son's MIL has been quite ill for a couple of weeks. They still don't know what is going on, she fell at home and spent the night on the kitchen floor until she was found.

She broke her back, has brain swelling, very confused, disoriented, and malnourished. She was in the hospital for a week and moved to rehab. They are continuing tests. Her husband passed due to bladder cancer that spread to his brain unexpectantly. He passed after a week in the hospital when they found out.

I still do not know how this happened without anyone being aware something was wrong. She has two daughters, a large family, how could no one see she was losing weight, not normal in her thinking. I get it, you fall apart when you lose you spouse, I have been there but my small family kept an eye on me. I had problems but I never got this sick.

I had that birthday, son called but it was during the week and of course working, doing what he should. He asked if we could go out for lunch on Saturday. That was good. He and grandson would be over to do the yard work and we would go to lunch. Grandson came with a bouquet of flowers and a card. We went to Red Lobster, which was a favorite when my son was growing up. It was out special place, Dad never went. Grandson loves it, his Mom not a fan, an d she was a work. A wonderful day!!

Got home and dropped off. I needed to go to the library to print off some forms for my over 65 tax exemption. I got that done but there was a man there trying to print out some forms for his SSI application. He was having problems and I thought it was because he did not have the change he needed. I offered to help and he brushed me off.

I guess he had the money he needed so I went on my way. I got out to the car and he approached me. He asked if I could take him to the food bank. I had already figured out he was homeless.

I must admit I was stunned, a little afraid but I said sure. So he went and grabbed his stuff, a box of books and his backpack. The food bank was close by but had closed for the day so I took him back to the park at the library. What a struggle he was dealing with.

I had been on the way to Walmart after the library stop so I went on. I thought this man must be hungry so I grabbed a ham sandwich, a bag of chips, an apple, couple of bananas and a large cold water. I thought that might hold him until the food bank opened.

My son would be angry I did this but how can you see someone suffering and not try to help. Was I wrong? I know it was not a good thing but I would want someone to help me if I was in trouble.
Happy Birthday! I must have missed it on here. It was nice you got to spend it with your son and grandson.

I don't think it was wrong of you to help the homeless man have something to eat. I see them across the street from where I live. They even go through our dumpster. So sad! I have never had one approach me for anything. Maybe they think I am one of them since I am out walking with a walker. Some of them use walkers, wheelchairs, grocery carts and even strollers for carrying their belongings around. You have a good heart.

Yesterday I spent my morning downstairs in the laundry room. Since we are supposed to stay there with our laundry I now take my coloring book and gel pens with me. The couple who live down the hall from me were there too so we talked while they read and I colored. Time passed quicker that way.

Not sure exactly what I will be doing today. Supposed to be sunny so hopefully, I will take my camera and go to the park this morning. I like to get outside in the morning if I can.

Happy Birthday! I must have missed it on here. It was nice you got to spend it with your son and grandson.

I don't think it was wrong of you to help the homeless man have something to eat. I see them across the street from where I live. They even go through our dumpster. So sad! I have never had one approach me for anything. Maybe they think I am one of them since I am out walking with a walker. Some of them use walkers, wheelchairs, grocery carts and even strollers for carrying their belongings around. You have a good heart.
I think my son would have more of a problem with me letting him in the car and driving him to the food bank. My son knows I have the personality to help others, I have taught him that but he would not be happy that I put myself in possible danger.

I did go out this morning and got myself some lemon filled donuts. I will have one and go to bed. I hope I can get to sleep. I have a small piece of brisket that I have had marinated in spices in the fridge. I will put that in the crockpot when I get up. I have already made coleslaw, green beans and boiled little red and gold potatoes, just a little butter sauce. Might as well be productive when I can't sleep.

I still have some birthday cake in the fridge and will bake a little french baguette to have with dinner. It makes me so happy to have things done and ready to eat for a few days.

A sunny morning in NWPA !

We have no doctor visits today.
Tomorrow we will see the orthopedic doctor to talk about what to with hubby's left knee.
I think hubby doesn't realize how long the recovery time is for knees.

An old friend stopped by yesterday to chat.
He feels like one of the family as hubby &I have known him since we were young.
He was our 'best' man at our wedding. 🥰

I think my son would have more of a problem with me letting him in the car and driving him to the food bank. My son knows I have the personality to help others, I have taught him that but he would not be happy that I put myself in possible danger.
Yes, @Blessed, I agree helping a stranger in need is good but not to the point of giving them a ride. We had (our town is small/rural) a lady teacher who gave a man a lift a couple years ago and ended up murdered.

Help as you can but be wise and safe. We want you around for a long, long time

Happy-Birthday.jpgI think it's wonderful that you were a blessing to that man. 🤗

View attachment 340762View attachment 340763View attachment 340764View attachment 340765View attachment 340761

Soooo you start in Jermyn Street and have a saunter around central London...?... how far do you all go, where do you end up ?

@Blessed, Happy Belated Birthday...
happy-belated-birthday-free-group-greeting-ecards.png
when was it ?

I'm not surprised you helped that guy..it's an Aries thing.. we're all the same, act before we think when we see someone needing help... :giggle:

Happy Birthday, @Blessed. I haven’t been to Red Lobster in years. I devour the biscuits and salad. Sounds like a lovely time with your favourite gentlemen.

Sorry, I’m with your son on this, though there’s no need to tell him. Better safe than sorry. Buying a bit of food for him was good.

I was planning to write a post here about the great day I was planning. But then a police car pulled up across the street. And then another. And then an ambulance. And then EMT/second ambulance. And then some official car that I don't know what it was. To cut it short, my neighbor who's just a year older than I am (she's 67) has died. I felt that's what it was because they all just stayed there for nearly an hour without the ambulances taking anyone away. Her son was on the porch in obvious distress. I was okay until a car pulled up and two guys from it put disposable gloves on and went into the house with a gurney. That's when I knew for sure. :cry:

I would so love to take a walk with you. Keep in mind that you would have to talk the whole time, about the area and your exciting life. It would be so much fun lunch would not be enough, you would have to be agreeable to dinner out and your son would have to join us. He might have to push me around in a wheelchair at the end of the day. It looks so beautiful there, even in the big city!!
I would love that Blessed! And since you would want to have dinner too, we'd make our jaunt to the park the same day my dear friend Hunter is performing that evening. So not only would we have dinner but we'd be treated to a great show. He usually performs at Italian restaurants. I've seen him at two of them (three times each) and both have good food.

We also saw him at another restaurant/lounge that featured American fare. He starts his sets out with the classics, like in this video, then moves on to R & B and Pop songs from the 70's and beyond that gets people up on the dance floor(s). He sometimes plays his saxophone such as when he does the Manu Dibango hit, Soul Makossa. He knows my favorite cover that he does is Ooh Baby Baby, so he always dedicates that to me when I'm in the audience. BTW...not only am I a talker too, I am known to have people laughing until they are in stitche
s. I would really show you a good time Blessed. 🤩

Back