How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

It is now 3:40 a.m. and I just came upstairs from washing clothes. Its supposed to rain into Friday starting this evening, so I plan to walk over to the supermarket by 9, at least. I'm out of regular bread, almost out of whipped cream 😱 and I Can't Believe Its Not Butter spray 😱😱. I'll wait until I get back to start drying my clothes.

Right now I'm going to have a Drakes mini coffee cake and green tea. That will hold me over until I can figure out what my real breakfast will be. I have to load the dish washer and I've been meaning to balance my check books for the last couple of days. But whether or not I'll feel like doing anything else besides finishing my laundry remains to be seen.

@caramel Nap? Seven hours constitutes a nap? LOL

One more day! And right after work, DD and I are visiting...guess where?...the garden centers. Woohoo!.

Then...five glorious days off. There will be no croissants in my life for five whole days. Yay.
Wait! You're taking time off GG!!! 😳 Well deserved...have a great time. 😀

Yesterday was thrown on its head, but in a good way. I lay down for a nap to give me energy to trim some bushes. I ended up sleeping for 7 hours. I woke up at a time I usually don't, did the regular stuff I normally do when I get up, then fell back asleep for a while.

Then I ate something and trimmed the bushes. They were starting to grow into the walkway that people would have to go to deliver stuff to me. There was something satisfying about it. There was a bee buzzing around my head, but I was more nervous about the neighbors ambushing me than the bee, so it didn't bother me too much. I was feeling better about the neighbors too because I kept looking at the for sale sign on their lawn.

I think I might already be back to my regular schedule, but I'm good either way.
Your body must've needed that rest Caramel. I sure hope your neighbor's house sells soon that your new neighbors are better human beings.

Morning all friends !!! i'm late to the party...slept good last
eve, cept had to get up at 3am for nebulyzer for a bit...dunno what I'm up to this day, do need to get a groc delivery, otherwise call my hairdresser/barberess to come cut all my
locks off....got the branches off street last eve and no new ones
have fallen...see on news where tornadoe's hit at smithville where I used to fish a lot....about 30miles north of me.l.l.
Need another cuppa, so catch u later..!!:coffee::cool:

This morning at 9am is the 1st meeting of our garden committee for this year
I've been on the comm for about 8-9yrs my 'job' was watering some of the plants/ flowers in our community garden I'm going for sentimental reasons because I'm moving out next month. The committee members are residents of our co opt apt building complex

I plan on staying home today, and don't know yet if I can put out my recycles-
The rural garbage service tells us NOT to put penny savers and catalogs into plastic recycle bags, and of course we cant put out cardboard broken down boxes either , if it rains.

But it is just cloudy so far here yet might rain for the next 4-5 days!

I have plenty to do at home anyhow-and some good leftovers to eat.

I might make a chocolate cake- I found it is much cheaper in my opinion, then buying TOPs cakes. 1/4th of a nice cake there is over $7.00.
They call it a slice for two-but I can make a 8 slice cake cheaper , that tastes better.

It's racing towards 5.30pm...the sun is shining

My daughter called at mid-day with Birthday wishes, and I told her I was just about to go out and trim the hedges.. I wanted to get them done before the predicted showers.. but it filled the grass bin which meant I couldn't mow the lawn.. , then straight after I went over to meet my friend 2 towns away..so we could have nails done , and coffee after..
well it was very funny because I told the technician it was my birthday, and so he sent out for coffees for me and my friend... and he knocked off £5 from the Bill.. no-one believed my age when they asked. so that was kind.. even if they didn't mean it.. :ROFLMAO: so Jen and I got free coffees which meant we didn't have to go afterwards... and as we left the salon, everybody shouted Happy Birthday... how sweet...

Jen gave me a garnet coloured dress ring as a gift . really pretty 💍

Then to the supermarket for a few things, and I bought myself a Pistachio Tiramasu in way of a birthday cake.... ...😋

Last edited:
This morning at 9am is the 1st meeting of our garden committee for this year
I've been on the comm for about 8-9yrs my 'job' was watering some of the plants/ flowers in our community garden I'm going for sentimental reasons because I'm moving out next month. The committee members are residents of our co opt apt building complex
You're moving??? Why, Sue?

I feel like a little kid on the last day of school! Woohoo. Done and done. Well, done for five days anyway.

DD and I did major damage to the inventory at the garden centers. That was fun, and it's all been planted in new homes already except for 30 sunpatiens bedding plants. Tomorrow is another day.

I just realized that I will run out of chocolate before DD and her posse come back Monday night. That. Can't. Happen. Gonna beg her to take me to the store to replenish the supply...plenty of time because they aren't leaving until Friday morning.

@hollydolly 🎂🎂🎂🎂

I feel like a little kid on the last day of school! Woohoo. Done and done. Well, done for five days anyway.

DD and I did major damage to the inventory at the garden centers. That was fun, and it's all been planted in new homes already except for 30 sunpatiens bedding plants. Tomorrow is another day.

I just realized that I will run out of chocolate before DD and her posse come back Monday night. That. Can't. Happen. Gonna beg her to take me to the store to replenish the supply...plenty of time because they aren't leaving until Friday morning.

@hollydolly 🎂🎂🎂🎂
I hope you enjoy your days off Gg!

You're moving??? Why, Sue
Hi June, I've lived in my small 1bdrm{614 sqft co op apt}for 36 yrs am tired of being here. I'm moving May 29th to an upscale retirement facility 3 blocks away. . It's expensive but I can afford to do so. I looked at 1bdrm{800sqft} apt 3 yrs ago but I wasn't ready,but I certainly am now Its time for a change, peace of mind. I have church friends who live there,they are so happy I'm joining them Sue

I took a two naps but did wind up doing a couple more things. I made a couple of business calls and found a shelter that will accept not only the food, but her cute porpoise bed and scratching post (barely used) once I wash them. I finished putting away the items I got at Walmart, for real this time (I had forgotten about one of the bags). I also put away the few groceries I got at the supermarket today. I put away the clothes that go on hangers but left the rest, maybe tomorrow. I didn't balance my checkbooks today either. Guess I'll do those things when I get a Round Tu it. 😀

c80108d70e11a27341afad39a831f0dd.jpg

Last edited:

Back