How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

Going into town for some shopping and dump garden waste at the recycling centre. Drop into the butchers for some sausages - we don't buy commercial supermarket ones.
Weather is dry at the minute, but sky is overcast. I finished cutting the grass yesterday. I won't say mowing the lawn as it's a pretty rough patch. Loads of minor repairs to the summerhouse following the numerous storms. At least the wind has subsided today.

It was another upside down day. I lay down for another nap and ended sleeping for 6 hours again. I was supposed to have ordered my grocery order for delivery. When I got up, I found out it wasn't too late.

I was able to order my grocery delivery order and get it on the same day. I got a new phone too. Happy to get it all done.

wowsa, lots of storming overhead tonite/today right now!!!!
woke about 230am to p and the phone started going off,
was a weather service warning of t/storms, has gone off 4
times so far, and yes t'storms did pass over...boy this is
gonna be a long day........ :coffee: :coffee: :cool::cool::coffee:o_O:sleep:

Day One of my Staycation!

Because I stayed up so late (9pm!) last night, I didn't get up until 6. I feel well rested:).

When the cataract surgery happens, I'll have three weeks off for each eye. By the end of that time, I'll be so bored out of my mind that I'll be happy to get back to work, but right now? Five days sounds just about right.

I've had coffee on the patio. Now it's time to shower and do a few little things around The Hovel. Then breakfast. After breakfast, if anybody needs me, find me in the garden🌹🌷💐🌼🌺🌸 until about noon when it'll be too hot to be out there.

Today is supposed to be our hottest day so far this year. Ok.

You're welcome, of course Star ❣️ He truly is multi talented. He's a 7 time Emmy award winning songwriter; he won those for a T.V. theme song. He has written and recorded several tunes. Here is one of my favorites that he co-wrote with Chris Sarrubo, a man someone recommended he should collaborate with. I will tell him what you wrote. He's always so appreciative and humble about compliments like these.

That's the place of my dreams, too! With him singing this when I arrive. Thank you for this!

It’s *that* time if the year… walking or gardening needs to be done by 1030 or so, otherwise you end up a sweaty puddle

So I got out and walked 2.25 miles. Found a route that allows me to get in my steps but not so many hills (hard on my hip). I need to keep up a consistent routine of exercise, allowing for the changes to my back. But curvatures or no, I refuse to allow my legs to get so weak I can’t go up and down stairs

Got several other errands on tap + food prep. Catch y’all later

I'm in but don't know if for the day. The sunpatiens are planted and lots of weeds are in mourning...those are the ones I didn't get today. They're mourning their friends that I did get today.

It's only 74 so far but felt kind of warmish. I really would like to go out and start spreading more mulch. We'll see...

DD to the rescue. She's going to stop and get chocolate for me to tide me over until they come back.

Can you even imagine going without chocolate? Geez, who would even want to imagine such a disaster.
Hah! I ration such things stingily these days. A rare extravagant treat might be two mini chocolate donuts or 1/8 of a Lindt chocolate bar. Forget the "sugarless" chocolate with the adverse GI pyrotechnics.

But I'm still new to this whole Type 2 management lifestyle. I'm working to keep glucose levels firmly in the "normal" range so perhaps I'm too aggressive.

Got out there early and gathered downed branches for a while. Yesterday's storm delivered quite a crop, though nothing very large since such things came down during the on-and-off Winter this past season.

It's good being well rested again, and cooler yet sunny is a motivator. So wet that it limits what I can get to today but there is still plenty to sweep and rake as well as breaking down sticks to firepit lengths and bundling the rest in twine for weekly pickup.

Pollen hasn't kicked in strong here yet but its there and we're on the verge of ornamental tree flowering. I still get some sinus impact, but in recent years I notice the impact as chest congestion and so I break out the guaifenesin and hack like some old man at times. Ahh, the indignities of aging!

I started out, trying to catch up with reading this thread, with all of your posts of the past couple of days;
but I couldn't do it, at this moment, (too exhausted)
so I decided I'll have to give up that goal, for this forum visit of mine,
and to leave this hello and update from me, anyway.:)

The medical procedures this week ( for DH, not myself)
were daunting for both he and I, to get there and to go thru all the steps involved, etc,
But I wanted to share here, the very good news, that it went well, and that the results were mostly very good.
Whew, and Hurray!🥳🤩🥳

He's recovering well, while I am totally wiped out. 😕
My level of physical functions always goes down dramatically, after each and every sort of overdo, which this definitely has been!
So I am struggling with lots of my symptoms and limitations, but I feel very glad that I managed to go and support him, thru all of this, so far. The surgeon was good and communicated well, and I got lots of helpful info, from being there, instead of waiting at home, as I often sadly must do.

We have not yet been able to clear up the hanging issues with our apartment lease, which is still a major stress. They haven't told us the day or time, of the next required appointment for that, which they'd delayed. It needs to be ASAP, and I hope I will be physically able to get to it.
Therefore, still coping with a lot of stress, but very relieved that DH's surgery results were good.

Fun and games trying to set up an ISA - that's a tax free savings account in the UK. I should be able to set it up on-line with the bank website, but it simply wouldn't work. I phoned customer support and a pre-recorded message spent ages telling me that I could set it up using the website. Eventually, I got through to a real person who, with much patience, worked through the process and set up the account.

No idea why the on-line process didn't work until Mrs.L asked if something was blocking it. A bit of investigating found that a setting in the ad blocker was stopping a page loading. Trouble was that there were no error or warning messages and no instructions to disable the ad blocker for that process.

Ah well, it's set up now and I can take advantage of the interest rates before they fall, as I suspect they will this year.

I had a really good workout this morning! It's great to not be feeling sick. I just hope it lasts and I don't over do things, again!
emoticon

I do still get that rundown feeling, but I think it is do to the humongous amounts of pollen that are everywhere. That is the only downside of living in a wooded area.

emoticon
That's all for now. TTUL

I'm back from a 2 day (1 overnight) bus trip to Amish country in Pennsylvania. It was enjoyable, the time on the bus wasn't too long, the entertainment and informational activities were nice, the weather was great, and there was a LOT of yummy food.

Not sure this guy appreciated being a photo op, but he was plowing a field next to where we were all waiting to get on our bus after an activity, so ipso facto he became part of our tour experience! :)

Amish guy plowing.jpg

Hah! I ration such things stingily these days. A rare extravagant treat might be two mini chocolate donuts or 1/8 of a Lindt chocolate bar. Forget the "sugarless" chocolate with the adverse GI pyrotechnics.

But I'm still new to this whole Type 2 management lifestyle. I'm working to keep glucose levels firmly in the "normal" range so perhaps I'm too aggressive.
I can keep chocolate in the house for a long time..sometimes too long. I buy Fierro Rochet when it's on sale at Costco. Someone gave me Lindt chocolates, which I'm not crazy about and I buy Russel Stover sugar free mint chocolate, pecan delights and chocolate coconut. They have Stevia in them now, which I thought I wouldn't like, but they are very good. For some people, what I call "the itols" can cause gastric problems but even before they changed to Stevia, I didn't have that problem. Currently Maltilol is one of the last ingredients listed so I assume it's in a lesser quantity.

Diabetes can be a challenge to manage, especially when being newly diagnosed. I didn't take it seriously enough for a couple of years after being diagnosed. Blessedly, I still managed to keep my A1Cs within a decent range. Now they are considered very good since they have remained under 7. You will learn what foods trigger higher blood sugar readings and which ones give you excellent readings. Good luck managing your Type 2.

Last edited:
Just finished
I can keep chocolate in the house for a long time..sometimes too long. I buy Fierro Rochet when it's on sale at Costco. Someone gave me Lindt chocolates, which I'm not crazy about and I buy Russel Stover sugar free mint chocolate, pecan delights and chocolate coconut. They have Stevia in them now, which I thought I wouldn't like, but they are very good. For some people the "itols" can cause gastric problems but even before they changed to Stevia, I didn't have that problem. Currently Maltilol is one of the last ingredients listed so I assume it's in a lesser quantity.

Diabetes can be a challenge to manage, especially when being newly diagnosed. I didn't take it seriously enough for a couple of years after being diagnosed. Blessedly, I still managed to keep my A1Cs within a decent range. Now they are considered very good since they have remained under 7. You will learn what foods trigger higher blood sugar readings and which ones give you excellent readings. Good luck managing your Type 2.
Stevia is a nice sugar substitute
Some artificial sugars give people digestive issues like diarrhea. I’m not diabetic but I like stevia in nice cold drinks. It’s very nicely sweetened.

Back