How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

Oh heavens, no! I'm not even sixty yet. I've been there since I was sixteen. I started as a dishwasher after school. Then I just never left.
16?... wow! You been cooking for old people since you were 16.?.... that's a long time to be in one job, you must love it...

16?... wow! You been cooking for old people since you were 16.?.... that's a long time to be in one job, you must love it...
No no dear. I started as a dishwasher. We weren't allowed to handle all that equipment and cutlery as minors. In my twenties I worked in the salad room. In my early thirties I spent some time in the baking area. Then I began cooking in my forties. I occasionally fill a spot in the other areas from time to time and I usually get rewarded with a day off later.

No no dear. I started as a dishwasher. We weren't allowed to handle all that equipment and cutlery as minors. In my twenties I worked in the salad room. In my early thirties I spent some time in the baking area. Then I began cooking in my forties. I occasionally fill a spot in the other areas from time to time and I usually get rewarded with a day off later.
wow , it's like the Victorian times in Britain where the 16 year old would start off as a tweenie, ( general dogsbody).. then onto a maid, then an under-cook, and finally the top job of cook.. 🥰

Last edited:
wow , it's like the Victorian times in Britain where the 16 year old would start off as a tweenie, ( general dogsbody).. then onto a maid, then a an under-cook, and finally the top job of cook.. 🥰
Probably so. I just enjoy working at this facility so much. Over the years I've met a lot of people. They are basically my family. My own has little to do with me. It has a nice community feel to it.

When I took my early walk this morning around 6:20 was a tad nippy 35,but no wind as I walked 2 blocks to buy today's NYT
Marcia called me last night asking if I could dog sit Tage this afternoon for a couple of hrs, she's going out to lunch with a friend. Any opportunity to be with him is always a delight ,highlight of my day
I had to laugh as I was turning the corner towards Marcia&Dave's house, Marcia was walking Tage he saw me.I didn't say anything, he started whining/barking, pulling Marcia towards me so excited. As usual, he 'shared' my lunch with me

I texted. Instant response. 4am. Sir doesn't like doing Dawn Patrol. Said he'll get time "fixed" in computer. Riiiiight.

ETA: Rereading what I've posted in the past week or so, it looks like I've already started coloring myself gone from the bakery. I hope I can hang on until the end of next month, have the cataract surgery and then make up my mind about going back. Right now I really don't want to be bothered anymore :(
Yeah. You start to know when it's time.

You should get a rip roaring party if you ever do decide to retire! What a nice career. 🙂 My mother cooked in a nursing home but didn't start until her sixties after my Dad died.

~Had a 3 hour brunch with my BFF who is up here from Florida. We talk almost everyday but it was so nice to see her face to face again. We went to a restaurant that’s the next town over from me and also the next town from her brother’s house. I Uber-ed it there and back. She couldn’t believe that my Uber was there to pick me up in one minute. She’s an avid walker so she declined my offer for the Uber driver to take her back.

~ Silly me…I forgot to pay April’s maintenance! Thank goodness management did not charge a late fee. I decided to write a check to cover this month and May then dropped it in our community “mailbox” after I got back from brunch. We have until the 10th of the month to pay our monthly maintenance charges.

~Sorted laundry, ate dinner after which I was “knocked out” so I wound up taking about a 4 hour nap. Consequently, I didn’t accomplish everything I had planned to do today.

Last edited:
Good morning, boys and girls. Back to work this morning. 2:30 is way too early to be up and at 'em. Let's all hope and pray that Sir left the things I need where I can get at them.

Off to the garden centers right after work to pick up stuff that I need for playing in the dirt.

Y'all have a great morning. And behave yourselves, please. @hollydolly Take names...

Not to sure about the blueberries & peach tree.
Apple buds look 'tight'.
This season (December through April) we had a bumper crop of oranges from our tree. Unfortunately, a big crop usually means the tree needs a year to recover and gives very few oranges the following year.

Hoping you get good blueberry, peach and apple crops this year.

It was a day. Scheduled to work alone. Mmhmm. Nothing had been done to prepare for today. I got done with everything, and as I was walking out the door, there was a page "customer needs assistance in the bakery." Oh, well. Not my idea to schedule nobody else there after 10am.

I was going to pick up some stuff before I left but was too darned tired to hike through the store. Going to the garden center after lunch.

DGD's roomie is moving today, and DGD doesn't want to be alone in the apartment with almost no furniture so DSIL is over there gathering up her desk and computer(s) to bring her back here (she WFH). I guess they'll just go over and gather up stuff here and there until it's all moved. Meanwhile, she'll sleep in the guest room.

I loathe commotion.

I've developed a sharp shooting pain from my groin to upper inner thigh. I went to an urgent care that referred me back to my PCP who referred me to physical therapy. :rolleyes:
Don't ignore stress as a possible contributor. Tension causes us to hold our physical selves differently.

Back