How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

Got the lawn mowed. First time using my new (used) riding mower. These things are actually kind of fun. Not as much as riding my motorcycle, but fun never the less. Not as neat and precise as using my push mower, but a lot less work, and for someone that hates yard work, that's what counts.

426748798_7452664418182183_3125161395645751954_n.jpg

Got the lawn mowed. First time using my new (used) riding mower. These things are actually kind of fun. Not as much as riding my motorcycle, but fun never the less. Not as neat and precise as using my push mower, but a lot less work, and for someone that hates yard work, that's what counts.

View attachment 342174
When you're done there, com on over to my house with it.

Takes me less than 10 minutes to mow my hankie-sized lawn. With a riding mower, I'd be done before starting.

DD and I are about to head to the garden center. Gotta get the sand to weight the new patio umbrella because the wind is supposed to pick up after about 4 today.

I feel very sad :(. Not depressed, just sad.

I bought two rotisserie chickens at Sam's yesterday. Today I split them into meal portions and froze some.
I also made some healthier chocolate cake mix using Einkorn flour and sucanate sugar. They each make a two layer cake but Ill split them in half and make us one layer cakes. I just made one and it smells good! I want to see if I think kids will like it. If so, I'll make a mix for DD.
The bones from the chickens are simmering to make soup tomorrow.
Dried beans in the Instant pot.
I've got to get outside some. It's a beautiful day!

Takes me less than 10 minutes to mow my hankie-sized lawn. With a riding mower, I'd be done before starting.

DD and I are about to head to the garden center. Gotta get the sand to weight the new patio umbrella because the wind is supposed to pick up after about 4 today.

I feel very sad :(. Not depressed, just sad.
sad ?... :( why so sad Gigi...
viVuhxu5Sn-dDsFE04WFRA.webp

Quite a few of my neighbours have ride on mowers, but because we use most of our ground for growing fruit and vegetable, I just use a Honda self propelled mower. I have to use the side gate to the garden because a blackbird has built a nest on my log store and Mrs. Blackbird is sitting on eggs. We try not to disturb them, but they have chosen a very inconvenient place.

View attachment 342174
It's pretty @Trade.
Now get some flame decals and you'll feel like you're on your bike :D

Was there some reason to think you might no be?
It's a question I have to ask myself every morning.....did I wake up dead?

There was a hilarious short story I read once about a lady who died, but nobody would let her *be* dead. She told her husband she was dead; her husband replied that he was tired, too, but everybody has to keep on working....have some coffee and carry on. She told her teenage daughter and son she was dead, they said they were up late "studying" too but they still needed a shirt ironed and a ride to football practice. Rinse and repeat. She finally just gave up.

Saw surgeon yesterday. He told me it might be up to two more weeks to feel better from surgery. He said all post op tests were good. My right thigh is totally black/blue. My left leg swollen, my toes look like sausages. I may need right leg surgery, I will know June 3. Pain is lessening, I no longer feel my left foot is on fire.

Had a long talk with myself. I just want to be happy after many challenging years. Now I must learn how. Willing to give it a shot.

Just another grey morning. From now until mid-June, ocean fog will typically roll in at night giving us some drizzle, but by noon the sun will usually have burned it off. The morning fog keeps the temperatures moderate. When that stops, we'll see 100+ with the highest temperature being so far 119.9 degrees (about 50 degrees Celsius) in the shade.

After my morning walk with the pups, I drove to the Vet. There was construction work on the road, but I made it on time. The Vet diagnosed the growth on my Big Guy's lower teeth as Epulis, with the possibility of being Gingival Hyperplasia. $750 to remove it. There is a good chance that it would regrow. So, for the time being, "wait and see" whether "Ross" will develop any discomfort. His 95 pound weight has so far not changed.

On the way home, I bought a cup of "freshly brewed coffee" at Starbucks for $3,75. Outrageous. I rather percolate my own coffee at home, but my wife receives at work free Starbucks gift cards, and we don't want to let them go to waste.

It's unusual that my wife doesn't prepare lunch for me before going to work. So, I fixed one of my "bachelor day" favorites: Quinoa with Salsa, and fried "Bratheringe" (fried herrings) imported from Germany. And as desert some sauerkraut because it's a great probiotic food and enhances the gut biome. The pups also received their mid-day treat, a spoonful of canned dog food.

OK, daughter's birthday is coming up. If I can't think of anything else, some money will always be appreciated. At the party, I will ask my son-in-law whether he, my grandson, and I can go and feed some ducks either at the Riverside National Cemetery ponds or at Lake Arrowhead up in the mountains. Alternatively, we could drive to La Jolla to see seals, pelicans, etc. We probably will leave it up to my grandson what he would like to see.

My big Boxer has some excessive growth on his lower teeth. . . I love fried herrings
IMGP3423.JPGIMGP3425.JPG

My daughter is feeding Mallards at Lake Arrowhead . . . . Seals in La Jolla. You can almost touch them though they can bite
2022-12-23  Lake Arrowhead 1.JPGIMGP3432.JPG

My lazy bums. Walking 2 hours a day totally exhaust them. But from time to time they come to lick me, and wanting to get petted
IMGP3430.JPG

Last edited:
It's a question I have to ask myself every morning.....did I wake up dead?

There was a hilarious short story I read once about a lady who died, but nobody would let her *be* dead. She told her husband she was dead; her husband replied that he was tired, too, but everybody has to keep on working....have some coffee and carry on. She told her teenage daughter and son she was dead, they said they were up late "studying" too but they still needed a shirt ironed and a ride to football practice. Rinse and repeat. She finally just gave up.
This reminds me of a show on TV I saw as a girl. It wasn't the Twilight Zone, but maybe one of the knock-offs....

Time was long ago; a farmer or just an old guy had died, but he wouldn't "lay down". People kept telling him to lay down, but he wouldn't. He kept looking worse.

I don't remember much, but one day he sneezed and his nose blew off! Then he said; "I guess I'll lay down now".

Weirdest show I ever saw!

Saw surgeon yesterday. He told me it might be up to two more weeks to feel better from surgery. He said all post op tests were good. My right thigh is totally black/blue. My left leg swollen, my toes look like sausages. I may need right leg surgery, I will know June 3. Pain is lessening, I no longer feel my left foot is on fire.

Had a long talk with myself. I just want to be happy after many challenging years. Now I must learn how. Willing to give it a shot.
Well, you're on the other side of it. Things should go uphill from here. 🤗 Feel better soon!

Just another grey morning. From now until mid-June, sea fog will typically blow in at night giving us some drizzle, but by noon the sun will usually have burned it off. The morning fog keeps the temperatures moderate. When that stops, we'll see 100+ with the highest temperature being so far 119.9 degrees (about 50 degrees Celsius) in the shade.

After my morning walk with the pups, I drove to the Vet. There was construction work on the road, but I made it on time. The Vet diagnosed the growth on my Big Guy's lower teeth as Epulis, with the possibility of being Gingival Hyperplasia. $750 to remove it. There is a good chance that it would regrow. So, for the time being, "wait and see" whether "Ross" will develop any discomfort. His 95 pound weight has so far not changed.

On the way home, I bought a cup of "freshly brewed coffee" at Starbucks for $3,75. Outrageous. I rather percolate my own coffee at home, but my wife receives at work free Starbucks gift cards, and we don't want to let them go to waste.

It's unusual that my wife doesn't prepare lunch for me before going to work. So, I fixed one of my "bachelor days" favorites: Quinoa with Salsa, and fried "Bratheringe" (fried herrings) imported from Germany. And as desert some sauerkraut because it's a great probiotic food and enhances the gut biome. The pups also received their mid-day treat, a spoonful of canned dog food.

OK, daughter's birthday is coming up. If I can't think of anything else, some money will always be appreciated. At the party, I will ask my son-in-law whether he, my grandson, and I can go and feed some ducks either at the Riverside National Cemetery or at Lake Arrowhead up in the mountains. Alternatively, we could drive to La Jolla to see seals, pelicans, etc. We probably will leave it up to my grandson what he would like to see.

My big Boxer has some excessive growth on his lower teeth. . . I love fried herrings
View attachment 342217View attachment 342221

My daughter is feeding Mallards at Lake Arrowhead . . . . Seals in La Jolla. You can almost touch them though they can bite
View attachment 342231View attachment 342232

My lazy bums. Walking 2 hours a day totally exhaust them. But from time to time, they come, lick me, and want to get petted
View attachment 342233
I wish I could have a pile of dogs and some cats again, too. Condo living prevents a menagerie, however. My small Doggie Delight is all I can handle, altho' I think 2 pets are allowed, not sure.

Just another grey morning. From now until mid-June, sea fog will typically blow in at night giving us some drizzle, but by noon the sun will usually have burned it off. The morning fog keeps the temperatures moderate. When that stops, we'll see 100+ with the highest temperature being so far 119.9 degrees (about 50 degrees Celsius) in the shade.

It's unusual that my wife doesn't prepare lunch for me before going to work. So, I fixed one of my "bachelor day" favorites: Quinoa with Salsa, and fried "Bratheringe" (fried herrings) imported from Germany. And as desert some sauerkraut because it's a great probiotic food and enhances the gut biome. The pups also received their mid-day treat, a spoonful of canned dog food.

OK, daughter's birthday is coming up. If I can't think of anything else, some money will always be appreciated. At the party, I will ask my son-in-law whether he, my grandson, and I can go and feed some ducks either at the Riverside National Cemetery or at Lake Arrowhead up in the mountains. Alternatively, we could drive to La Jolla to see seals, pelicans, etc. We probably will leave it up to my grandson what he would like to see.

View attachment 342217View attachment 342221

View attachment 342231View attachment 342232

My lazy bums. Walking 2 hours a day totally exhaust them. But from time to time, they come, lick me, and want to get petted
View attachment 342233
Beautiful photos. You always have a fabulous story to go with your photography. It really brings us in to your world.

~Went down to the laundry room and washed light colored clothes, bath linens and Deja’s cute porpoise bed (in a separate machine). I dried the bed down there since I felt it may be too big to dry properly in my dryer. I put it in a garbage bag and tied it shut but I’m glad I thought to check it later. Turns out it was still slightly damp (hardly detectable), so I took it out and set it on my desk so it could dry thoroughly. Once I hand wash the scratching post, my son can take them and the food she no longer wants to the shelter.

~I put away most of the laundry, finished putting away the items I bought over the weekend and Deja’s Chewy order that came in yesterday. Of course it involved rearranging stock.

~Called Optum RX to find out why they canceled my medication order per an email I received. The pharmacist, who was very nice, said my credit card was declined. I said it's the one I use all the time so I didn't know why. She reordered the meds, ran the card again and it went through. She thought there may have been a glitch in their system due to their system upgrade which occurred the day my card was declined.

~Balanced my checkbooks which took less time than expected. I hadn’t reconciled my main account since the beginning of March.

~Just as my son got the pan ready to make himself a grilled cheese sandwich, water started coming out of the vent over the stove. When he went upstairs, my neighbor over me said nothing was leaking in her kitchen. A couple of minutes after he came in, she called and apologized saying she didn’t know she had left her faucet running. 😒 She’s 87 now and maybe she’s getting forgetful, but this has happened a few times over the years. I consider her a friend so I handled
it nicely, but asked that she please be more careful because it causes quite a hassle for us.

When she called to apologize again and asked if anything was damaged, I told her that remains to be seen (one of my NuWave cooktops got water in it) and said jokingly that if it happens again she’ll have to come down and help us clean up. I quick grabbed a bucket when my son went upstairs but water had already gotten on the stove, the microwave, the counter and a little on the floor. We both were just glad we were at home otherwise we'd have come home to a flood.

Last edited:

Back