How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

Twenty years ago, I formed a neighborhood watch for 35 houses around us. Although we don't meet longer, I am still staying in touch with all of them. I am feeling more comfortable knowing who is living around us, and be able to talk with each of my neighbors by name.

Just this morning, I email everyone this news item:

Dear Neighbors,

When I took my dogs for a walk this morning around nine o'clock, then I saw a half dozen sheriff cars and several unmarked police cars at the corner of ... Lane. One deputy told me they are looking for two stray dogs (silly.)

When I came back from my walk around the block, I saw a tow-truck loading contractor's equipment. They told me that the deputies had served a search warrant for stolen equipment, but none of our residents were involved.

Marisol, I talked with you briefly but didn't wear my hearing aids and didn't quite understand what you said. Do you know anything more about what happened?

And another story: for several days two scared brown stray dogs, perhaps 50 pound Pit Bulls, have been hiding in the nursery jungle at the corner of ... I called Animal Control (rcdas.org) but apparently they didn't catch them. Sandra wanted to call a second time. Let's hope they are finally gone.

Best wishes,

Your Neighbor,

Last edited:
When I went on my early morning walk, temp was 47 lightly raining as I walked to buy today;s NYT
This morning my friend Mary& I are going on our weekly 'road trip' ,today to the local post office. I''ll be filling out change of address form,what date I want my mail forward to me when I move next month.This is another ck off on my 'to -do list',rather do it now so I don;t forget
Marcia emailed me yesterday , asking if I could dog sit my buddy boy 'Tage' this afternoon at 1, she is a docent at Darwin Martin House is giving a tour,of course I said' Yes'. No lunch to share with him
It will be the highlight of my day
As usual, Tage was happy to see me, we 'shared' an apple he was content with that

The last of the begonias have been planted and some ground cover (blue star creeper) transplanted to a path I'm trying to make. I really like the way it looks, but it doesn't prevent weeds. Drat. Put water in the bird baths. Did some weeding. It's all overcast and dark and looking like rain, but there's no rain on the radar. What?

DD and DGD went over to DGD's apartment to fetch some more stuff. DGD's headphones gave up the ghost so that she can't work, and the new ones won't be here until tomorrow morning so they figured they'd do something constructive. Good idea. The more they can haul over here now, the less there will be to do on the weekend.

On the way home, they're going to stop at a greasy fast-food fish place (Captain D's) to get me fish/chips/hush puppies. It's something I crave about once a year, gobble it down and then feel like I have 30 lbs of lead in my butt. However...one must satisfy one's craving. Right? I especially like the salt & vinegar packets to positively soak the fish and hush puppies. I have plenty of Tums on hand...

BTW, just because the last of the flowers have been planted doesn't mean there won't be more. I mean, yanno, this is only the end of April. Summer lasts a lonnnnng time in the South ;)

They're back home and brought the fish I asked for, which I inhaled. Dang! It was good...nice and greasy just like Mom used to make ;). I didn't want to go overboard so didn't eat the broccoli that came with it...

Sun came back out. Honestly! Just like a dog...in/out/in/out.

We've been promised more of that "abundant" sunshine tomorrow. I sure hope it happens because there's a lot to do in the garden.

@Myra I keep meaning to mention my tiny Hovel. You'd love it. It's all on one floor, built behind DD's garage. Sitting room, bedroom with walk-in closet, full kitchen, full bath, storage closet, all in just under 300sf. I have my own entrance and even a teeny, tiny patio. It's just across the back hall to DD's laundry room.

However...it is a tad small so when I need to change my mind, I have to step outside;), but there's room for me and Maggiecat.

DD works from home, and her office is on the other end of the house and upstairs. We communicate via text.

This morning I ate some breakfast, did some kitchen clean-up, and got the equipment together for a repair project out in the raspberry patch. The bush-support system (about 15 years old) needed dismantling, followed by carpentry work to replace it. Completed for half the patch, and will do the other half soon. I'm coming to the conclusion that about five hours of carpentry is all I can enjoy anymore... age.

I have quite a list of outdoor springtime tasks to dive into. One day at a time.

The research & work done over the last 10 days seems to be coming to fruition. Meaning we think we've got our longtime friend G in the queue for legal, guided psilocybin therapy. She's gone through a no-joke suicidal period, due to her chronic treatment-resistant depression. Getting this far with it has been taxing in a very different way, compared with manual work.

This morning I ate some breakfast, did some kitchen clean-up, and got the equipment together for a repair project out in the raspberry patch. The bush-support system (about 15 years old) needed dismantling, followed by carpentry work to replace it. Completed for half the patch, and will do the other half soon. I'm coming to the conclusion that about five hours of carpentry is all I can enjoy anymore... age.

I have quite a list of outdoor springtime tasks to dive into. One day at a time.

The research & work done over the last 10 days seems to be coming to fruition. Meaning we think we've got our longtime friend G in the queue for legal, guided psilocybin therapy. She's gone through a no-joke suicidal period, due to her chronic treatment-resistant depression. Getting this far with it has been taxing in a very different way, compared with manual work.
Thank you and your wife for taking care of your friend.

Oh, my. It's not a school night, and I can hardly keep my eyes open. Woodenchoono? I don't have to go to bed until it's dark outside but too sleepy to stay awake. >le sigh<
you'll feel all the better for the sleep....
FuGzb2TbSjSsphQfQGNHzw.webp

My neighbor's kids were hitting my garage door again. I opened the garage door and started recording the street and anything that was happening on it. They went scurrying away. An adult male came out and sat in a couch in his garage. (Don't know why there was a couch in his garage.) He was clearly waiting for me to go back inside so they could continue. I just stood there, waiting and recording.

Finally he stands up and yells at me from across the street, 'They're just playing.' I said, 'They're hitting my garage door.' He says, 'It's not on purpose. It's just by accident." I said, "Hit your own garage door." He threw up his hands like there was nothing he could do. Then he called to the kids, but they were so far down the street that they didn't come back.

I went back inside but wanted to see if they would continue, so I went out another door. I saw that guy talking to my side neighbor, having a laugh. I'm pretty sure all the bullies in the neighborhood are friends, partying and getting intoxicated together. The front neighbor looked pretty jovial about terrorizing me.

I don't know where you live but there is no reason why the neighbors should be allowed to disturb the peace or even be on your property. Do you have cameras outside recording, if not, it would be a good investment. Once you have proof of the nonsense going on file a formal complaint with the police. I live on a quiet street with only a couple of families with children. If the kids are outside there is always a parent out with them.

Gracious good morning, Invisipeeps! It's gonna be a stellar day with plenty of sunshine and a high temp of around 80. I can deal with that for sure.

Gotta get a wiggle on and get my tidying up done so I can hustle out to the garden. Plenty to do out there and I wanna get it done before it gets too warm.

It was a tad nippy on my morning walk at 6:20, temp was 34 saw frost on some lawns. There was no wind was refreshing as I went to buy local paper
My close friend, Marcia is picking me up at 12:15, we're having lunch with church friend, Bill who lives at Canterbury Woods, the retirement facility I'm moving to next month. After lunch,I have appt with Adam{sales director}, to see my apt,Marcia will be coming with me, bringing a tape measure to see where I want to put some of my furniture. I've seen what the 1bdrm 800 sqft apts look like,I'll be around the corner from Bill
In some ways I can't believe this is finally happening. The last step is day before I move in, give Adam the remaining ck of the entrance fee, then he'll give me keys to my apt
This has become bittersweet for me because there are a couple residents who I've become really close with over the 36 yrs I've lived here.At least I won't be far away 3 blocks, still will see them but not on a daily basis,that will be an adjustment for me

It's 1.30pm..and Sunny...🌞🌻 however the forecast is for rain later this afternoon..until 9pm...

I've taken delivery of a new Hardback book.. that's always exciting..and today I've framed some large canvases.. I'm not really sure where I'm going to put them yet.. I thought one place and then I thought maybe not there, and instead the hall and stairs wall... so not sure yet...

Have a good day folks whatever you're up to today... 🌼🌸:giggle:

Morning folks !!! i seem to be slow moving today, it is quarter to 9 am....temp at 48 I believe, prob get some storms later
this morning, and the durned lawn guy didn't get by yesterday....ah well, he's busy I know...no big plans for the
day yet, just on second cuppa....you all behave now ya'hear!!!!!
:love::giggle:

Had a great day yesterday with TGS, but about halfway through our nearly one mile walk loop he decided he didn't want to ride his little trike anymore, so Papa had to carry that home. It's less than ten pounds but awkward to tote when also walking a leashed dog.

Of course also TGS didn't want to walk, so guess who carried him home? Like strapping a 30 lb pack to my right hip. This is the second time in a row that's happened. Despite his not liking to ride in a stroller anymore, I'm bringing it along next time.

My haircut Tuesday somehow became quite a bit shorter than I'd planned. I like it, but there'll be a learning curve because the shorter my hair, the curlier it is. That's fine for the back but not so much for the front. And my finer hair skills are sadly lacking.

Oh well, if I can't figure it out, I'll just grow it out.

Of course also TGS didn't want to walk, so guess who carried him home? Like strapping a 30 lb pack to my right hip.
That's why we have hips:ROFLMAO:
It's all GG;s fault; talking about her garden so much. Made me forget she's in the south and I'm in the north! :)
How can you forget when it's so darned cold up there? My fault, indeed!;)

I'm in for a rest. I don't feel a bit guilty about killing weeds. They deserve it for trying to crowd out flowers:mad:

10 am and it's 64. Ahhhh.

Back