How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

This guy has been pretty good, posting an early capsule forecast nearly every day.

Local TV guy nearing retirement:

...aside from anything else.. I won't even know what I can afford until the Divorce is done... as it is, I've looked at a few that I would like to have... . and further to that it's going to be a huge undertaking to move all this stuff, to a smaller property.. it's quite daunting...

In the meantime, I have to keep it nice, not that I don't anyway.. but especially now if I want a buyer to be interested.

I've planted these Foxgloves in a barrel pot.. where I had the tree removed last year... there's quite a big space there... and the jasmines have gone into the ground next to it... The foxgloves won't flower for 2 years.. I only found that out today..*duh*

Last edited:
Our weather forecast is consistently wrong too. I think it is the only job that you can be wrong about most of the time and still keep your job.
yes exactly what I was saying... it's appalling really.. it's bad enough for those of us who are mildly inconvenienced but there's many people out there who depend on accurate forecasts to do their job... people who work outdoors for one...
My wife is a 'planner' by nature, and she unfailingly consults a couple of online weather-forecast sites — both a seven-day and a three-day forecast. And reports what they're predicting to me.

I find myself saying, 'well, we'll see'. Hearing the pinch-of-salt tone in my reply, she accuses me of assuming I 'know more than the experts'. I defend myself by saying I trust the 24-hour forecast of the best site I've found, more than anything far-reaching. And my faith in the 24-hour is still tentative. (Our little valley, very far from the big western Canadian cities, is not a prime focus of meteorologists.)

Actually, I'm only a 'planner' in certain specific areas of life. I tend to accept the 'mice and men' factor in life. But often that attribute of hers does reveal itself as a strength, I grant that. She manages our social calendar, for instance.😊

Last edited:
Home. Exhausted. Promised DS/DSIL that I'd come for lunch today. I hope I get my second wind soon.

The rain has stopped for maybe the next two days, but it's cool. There must be a happy medium where I'm not too cool and not too warm.

I'm dreading the Uber ride to DS' and home again. Maybe I'll get lucky and get the same driver I had last time. As if!

Home. Exhausted. Promised DS/DSIL that I'd come for lunch today. I hope I get my second wind soon.

The rain has stopped for maybe the next two days, but it's cool. There must be a happy medium where I'm not too cool and not too warm.

I'm dreading the Uber ride to DS' and home again. Maybe I'll get lucky and get the same driver I had last time. As if!
why are you dreading it ?

well accomplihed a bit on my own, took the kitchen
trash bin out back and put 1/2 qt bleach and 1/2 qt
hot water and let it soak awhile to get the mold out
of the bottom, went out to rinse it and the birds were
talking to me, so I chatted back for 1/2 hour and finished
that chore!!! ;)

OOOOOOOKKKKAAAAYYYY then! Brace for a rant…

the last almost-24 hours has been interesting, to say the least.

Remember that radar screen shot I posted yesterday around one pm? Wellllll, around 1:45 we got weather alert of a tornado warning…. then the wind picked up and it started raining

I don’t know if we actually had a funnel touchdown but we definitely had *the* most severe thunderstorm I’ve ever been in as far as wind and rain…. Trees whipping about, raining blowing in sheets, branches down in the yard and rolling across the street to the neighbors yard…. Lost power. This went on for probably 30-40 min. When it let up some, I went out to check the yard.

Fortunately, no damage to our house. Multiple limbs down from our trees and the pine tree in our over-the-back-fence neighbor’s yard dropped a huge limb…. It took out the chain-link fence behind our blueberry bushes but blessedly missed the bushes themselves (mostly). But it gradually became apparent that our end of town took the brunt of the storm. My neighbor down the street had 3/4 of a tree down (in the road) and lots of branches down in multiple yards. The metal roof blew off the recently renovated historical theater in town. (I drove by this AM— huge pile of twisted sheets of tin on the sidewalk next to the building)

My son (Who works in a warehouse downtown—they let everyone go home early) kept encountering blocked streets (trees/ electrical wires down); it took him an hour to get home compared to usual 15 min. Drive. We picked up the yard as best we could and have quite a pile for the yard waste people to pick up.

Also noted this AM on drive to town that trees/wires still down all up and down the streets close to our end of town. We will be cleaning up for a while.

And the electricity at my house has yet to come back on. In fact, our across-the-street neighbor got a text notice from the power company that we can expect power to be restored by 7 pm tonight. So I’ll be throwing out a lot of food, sigh.

Anyway, at least we’re all safe. @Georgiagranny, did you get bad weather? I hope not. I’m sending this from our public library; I’ll check in again after we get power/net back at the house.

On Wednesday I went to visit my dad. Let's just say that it wasn't a good visit. It is one thing to be mentally prepared for a loved one to die but when you visit them and see the physical changes from the last visit it can be tough. I spent yesterday keeping myself busy just to keep my mind occupied .

Feeling much better today. Having my morning coffee right now and later on I will be meeting a good friend of mine for lunch. After that I think I will be going to one of the city mountain parks and go for a long hike. I'm going to do my best to take advantage of the weather before it get's too hot to do anything outdoors.

Oh wow, @CinnamonSugar , what a mess! I am so very relieved you're ok and your house is too. How scary. Do you have a basement/cellar to hide in? If so, did you go there?
I just thank God you're ok!

As to the food; don't open your freezer! Your frozen food should be ok until 7 or so. If it's defrosted, cook as much of it as you can, then freeze cooked portions. in the fridge, if you keep condiments in it, they'll be ok.

Take care during the clean up.

As to the food; don't open your freezer! Your frozen food should be ok until 7 or so. If it's defrosted, cook as much of it as you can, then freeze cooked portions. in the fridge, if you keep condiments in it, they'll be ok.
Power goes out somewhat frequently up here, every couple months... sometimes for minutes but also, less often, for 8 or 9 hours. What people around here do is lay blankets, draping down, over the freezer's top to increase the value of the freezer's built-in insulation.

...aside from anything else.. I won't even know what I can afford until the Divorce is done... as it is, I've looked at a few that I would like to have... . and further to that it's going to be a huge undertaking to move all this stuff, to a smaller property.. it's quite daunting...

In the meantime, I have to keep it nice, not that I don't anyway.. but especially now if I want a buyer to be interested.

I've planted these Foxgloves in a barrel pot.. where I had the tree removed last year... there's quite a big space there... and the jasmines have gone into the ground next to it... The foxgloves won't flower for 2 years.. I only found that out today..*duh*
Yes. I got to thinking about it. Of course you have to keep it looking nice if you're selling. *duh* 😊

Waited for the bus this morning for an hour. Never came. I called the dispatch and she said it missed us. If we took the next bus she could not promise there would be a bus to bring us back home. So we did not go. My BF called the bus office because he used to work there and knew people. He complained and the person he knew said it will be addressed and taken care of today. Next time we plan a trip I will have my BF call and do it for me.

Power goes out somewhat frequently up here, every couple months... sometimes for minutes but also, less often, for 8 or 9 hours. What people around here do is lay blankets, draping down, over the freezer's top to increase the value of the freezer's built-in insulation.
Ah good idea…

Oh wow, @CinnamonSugar , what a mess! I am so very relieved you're ok and your house is too. How scary. Do you have a basement/cellar to hide in? If so, did you go there?
I just thank God you're ok!

Take care during the clean up.
No, no basement @RadishRose most houses around here are built on a concrete slab. Best I could do in a real tornado is go in the bathroom off the hall, which is windowless

Couldn't sleep last night,, hate the tossing & turning.
Even reading awhile before getting back into bed didn't help.

Rainy & cool here.
Hubby & I went out to look the spaces I've cleaned up.

More small thistles have popped up! :mad:

While walking Mac, I noticed a cat lying in a hollow log watching us.
He never saw the cat.
That is surprising about Mac. I wonder why he didn't notice that. How close was the cat?

Those thistles can definitely be extremely persistent.

@hollydolly
I hope that wrist of yours, gets better surprisingly soon! Wrist pain can be so difficult. Cutting through that weed blocker would be very hard on that, too.:confused:

Last edited:

Back