I found out how to make Baking Powder

Baking powder is just 1 part baking soda and 2 parts cream of tartar.

I didn't know that. I saw it on a YouTube video by a homestead lady. I forget her channel name but it's not important.

So, if you mix 3 tablespoons baking soda with 6 tablespoons cream of tartar, you can refill one of those cans of baking powder to about half full.

I know these are cheap items, but I thought it was pretty cool, especially since I (and most people) rarely use cream of tartar, but now I can use it up before it gets really old....if that makes sense.

(was this common knowledge already?)

Baking powder is just 1 part baking soda and 2 parts cream of tartar.

I didn't know that. I saw it on a YouTube video by a homestead lady. I forget her channel name but it's not important.

So, if you mix 3 tablespoons baking soda with 6 tablespoons cream of tartar, you can refill one of those cans of baking powder to about half full.

I know these are cheap items, but I thought it was pretty cool, especially since I (and most people) rarely use cream of tartar, but now I can use it up before it gets really old....if that makes sense.

(was this common knowledge already?)
Who knew? Not me.

Definitely didn’t know. I wouldn’t trust the cream of tartar in my cupboard. It’s years old, if it’s even still on the shelf. I’ll stick with my baking powder for the few times a year I use it. It’s old too.

Definitely didn’t know. I wouldn’t trust the cream of tartar in my cupboard. It’s years old, if it’s even still on the shelf. I’ll stick with my baking powder for the few times a year I use it. It’s old too.

Perhaps you should write the year on them, when you buy your next ones. 😉
(I wouldn't dare suggest throwing those out!:ROFLMAO::love:)

Or another slightly possible option, would be to bake more often.:LOL:

Or just ignore this thread?:giggle:🙃
(Or at least ignore this post!)
😁😄🥰

Back