I Had To Change Banks.

Aunt Mavis

I have met the enemy and he is us. Pogo
I pull up to the drive-thru, furthest from the window. (Social anxiety issue) I grab the plastic tube but I drop it as I’m bringing it inside. I open the door to fetch it but I’m parked too close to exit. I bail out the passenger side and I’m looking everywhere for that tube, it’s nowhere to be found! Finally I look behind my truck and it’s rolling towards the street. It comes to rest about 100 feet down the driveway just short of a busy road. I recover it, do my banking and never ever return.

Last edited:
I haven't used one of those tubes in years. I have the bank's app on my phone and when I need to deposit a check I take a pic of the front and back, enter the amount and it's in my bank account. The only time I ever go to the bank is to take cash from the ATM. Besides, Bank of America keeps closing locations so it is getting less and less convenient to visit in person.

If you have social anxiety issues, what could be better than not having to go to the bank at all? Granted, I was a late adopter when my cousin had been doing it for years, but I would never go back.

I pull up to the drive-thru, furthest from the window. (Social anxiety issue) I grab the plastic tube but I drop it as I’m bringing it inside. I open the door to fetch it but I’m parked too close to exit. I bail out the passenger side and I’m looking everywhere for that tube, it’s nowhere to be found! Finally I look behind my truck and it’s rolling towards the street. It comes to rest about 100 feet down the driveway just short of a busy road. I recover it, do my banking and never ever return.
So what's the plan, to avoid using that hard to handle rolling plastic tube.

At least Aunt Mavis wasn’t plugging up the passenger seat that day. Moving her fat a$$ isn’t easy.

I know I have dropped that tube at least once many years ago, but it didn't go rolling far.

I left the Big Banks many years ago, utterly disgusted with them after 2007-08. Vile creatures. I always tell people do not join up with a Big Bank unless you are so rich they will treat you like you matter. All the Big Banks care about is their wealthiest customers - that is evident by how difficult it is to talk to a HUMAN BEING if you have a problem, and how some of them with charge you to talk to a human person.

If you are not wealthy, join a credit union or a community bank. Doesn't matter that my bank doesn't have a drive thru. Not a big deal to me.

Why not use an ATM outside your bank or in the lobby?

I open the door to fetch it but I’m parked too close to exit. I bail out the passenger side and I’m looking everywhere for that tube, it’s nowhere to be found! Finally I look behind my truck and it’s rolling towards the street.
Give credit where credit is due. That tube was nice enough to wait until you could get out the passenger side & look behind your truck. Once you did all that it rolled towards the street.

Back