I Quit Using Cannabis

PeppermintPatty

🔷 💜 🔷
It’s been my crutch since I was a teenager.
I’d been using less and less and suddenly one day I realized I hadn’t had any in days and I felt really good. My husband says he noticed a big difference in my moods since I quit.

More than a month passed. Yesterday I had some and realized that it makes me needlessly paranoid. Since I’m paranoid enough already, I’ve decided to give this up. It’s been almost 50 years. I only vaped very small amounts but now I don’t do any and it feels good.

Since I don’t drink I’ll be completely sober and I kind of like that. Since I’ve been reading the Bible, a ‘big’ change for me, I think this was a good move. It’s not that I’ve never quit before. I did once for 3 years but then started back up. This is going to be for good.

Last edited:
I've never had cannabis but I've heard it can be calming. Was it calming for you?
It could be but lately it’s making me paranoid
It used to be very relaxing for me but after menopause a lot of things changed and this was one of them. THC percentages went way up. Most of the cannabis I grew myself but even then cannabis generics have really changed over the years.

Last edited:
Good for you ! When I was much younger I used to smoke pot a lot and though I never became physically addicted to it I do think that I became mentally addicted to it. I quit not because of that but because I started getting too paranoid about getting caught and arrested. Now that it is legal, I don't even give a thought about buying any. That would not be a very wise thing for me to do. I have nothing against those who do consume it but just not a good idea for me.

I micro-dose 0.25grams of flower (ground) for pain relief. It has almost immediate effect and lowers my pain level significantly. I tried at least 20 different strains and have been using just 2 types for about 18 months. I would rather use it than highly addictive meds. IDK if I am addicted because I need to use it to be functional. That amount lasts for about 3-4 hours. I use so little that the cost is not a burden.

My son has recently come back from Thailand after spending 2 weeks there with friends celebrating a couple's 50th birthday. He sent back some photos of all the Weed shops . He got quite a shock seeing it growing in large pot plants outside people's homes and one photo was of a little cat sitting amongst the marijuana and eating it. I said it looked like a 'happy cat.'

Good. You are like the majority of users just like decades ago that if they possess whatever, will consume at least some most every day and will only break out of that cycle when they run out. Today given legalization many just accept their fate of being numbed "mellow".

Problem for many users is not having the self control to just consume infrequently, occasionally. Especially those with otherwise generally boring lives. Just like the myriad people with those beer bellies that will drink a beer almost every night after a work day. Instead the majority of users will consume regularly, daily if they possess it. And the more they do so, the more CB-1 endocannibinol system tolerance builds up requiring increasing the amount of consumption for an adequate minimal effect. Endless feedback loop of decreasing worth.

And as the amount increases the negative effects increase especially between sessions while the person becomes increasingly desensitized as in mellow. After a few weeks, any buzz they get is a comparatively pathetic experience versus what one feels say after not consuming for a couple weeks. And yeah if they try quitting then, they are going to need to put up with at least 3 days of feeling unpleasant as their internal chemical homeostasis struggles to normalize. So NO. Don't become a daily waste-oid user of most any rec drug.

And I started back after I retired... My cousin has been a growing connoisseur for 30 years and has given me some samples, and then a few plant clones so I now grow my own. A hit or 2 every few days is all I need.
I used a gram about every 4 or 5 days. A very small amount but significant . Another big change is that I’m prescribed medication which also makes me groggy. The two don’t go well together especially if I want to get anything done.

Note: I think it was easier for me to quit cause I didn’t use very much. It just became more of an unwanted habit than something I enjoyed doing.

Last edited:
It’s been my crutch since I was a teenager.
I’d been using less and less and suddenly one day I realized I hadn’t had any in days and I felt really good. My husband says he noticed a big difference in my moods since I quit.

More than a month passed. Yesterday I had some and realized that it makes me needlessly paranoid. Since I’m paranoid enough already, I’ve decided to give this up. It’s been almost 50 years. I only vaped very small amounts but now I don’t do any and it feels good.

Since I don’t drink I’ll be completely sober and I kind of like that. Since I’ve been reading the Bible, a ‘big’ change for me, I think this was a good move. It’s not that I’ve never quit before. I did once for 3 years but then started back up. This is going to be for good.
Good for you! I think you will feel better, clearer, and less paranoid. 💐

Yossarian. He said that.
I didn't read Catch-22, but according to this, he didn't. Joseph Heller wrote for his character Yossarian:

"Milo: No one’s trying to kill you, sweetheart. Now, eat dessert like a good boy.
Yossarian: Oh yeah, then why are they shooting at me Milo?
Dobbs: They’re shooting at everyone Yossarian.

The quote has been attributed to multiple people including Henry Kissinger.

In September 1973 the political columnist Stewart Alsop writing in “The Washington Post” attributed the saying to Henry Kissinger:[17]

"To the presidential enemies, this may appear further evidence of Nixonian paranoia. But as Henry Kissinger has remarked in jest, “even paranoiacs have real enemies,” and Nixon’s enemies are entirely real."

But people were saying it before that.
In conclusion, the earliest citations in 1967 indicated that the saying appeared on buttons without attribution. There was some evidence that Delmore Schwartz used the expression, but the earliest ascription to him appeared after his death which weakened its credibility. There was also some evidence that Henry Kissinger employed the adage by 1973, but that was a late date; the phrase had already been circulating for several years.

Even Paranoiacs Have Real Enemies – Quote Investigator®

I never tried cannabis in any form. It turned out to be a wise decision. Before I was hired by my employer, I had to take a polygraph. One of the questions was, Have you ever tried or used Cannabis? I answered NO.

Upon exiting the room, there was a sign reading, If you fail the polygraph, you will not be hired. If you used Cannabis or are a felon, you will not be hired. I keep wondering if that sign is still there. That was 34 years ago. A lot’s changed since then.

I never tried cannabis in any form. It turned out to be a wise decision. Before I was hired by my employer, I had to take a polygraph. One of the questions was, Have you ever tried or used Cannabis? I answered NO.

Upon exiting the room, there was a sign reading, If you fail the polygraph, you will not be hired. If you used Cannabis or are a felon, you will not be hired. I keep wondering if that sign is still there. That was 34 years ago. A lot’s changed since then.
A polygraph? What were you applying for?

I’ve researched bad dreams in regards to quitting and I’m really surprised; I didn’t think I used enough for it to make a difference but it sure does. Apparently quitting using cannabis causes irritability, anxiety, sleep difficulty, restlessness, lack of appetite, depressed mood. Then again I’m taking meds that increase my hours of sleep. I generally sleep about 10 hours and don’t function very well with anything less than.

Using cannabis increases serotonin and dopamine. Two mood enhancing chemicals which help people with depression. Since I have depression and can’t have anti depressants, it’s no wonder that cannabis worked well for me.

Experiencing Nightmares After Quitting Weed? A Common Symptom | FHE Health

Back