I Quit Using Cannabis

I never smoked weed but about a week ago I tried 1/4 of a 25 mg Delta 8 gummy. I had been in a lot of pain and very anxious. I didn't feel high but I felt relaxed and almost pain free. I had the best night's sleep I've had in months. I have one more little piece and wonder if I should consider buying more.
I doubt my doctor would approve but he has been very little help.

I never smoked weed but about a week ago I tried 1/4 of a 25 mg Delta 8 gummy. I had been in a lot of pain and very anxious. I didn't feel high but I felt relaxed and almost pain free. I had the best night's sleep I've had in months. I have one more little piece and wonder if I should consider buying more.
This is good news. I think there are pros and cons to everything. I’m glad the gummies worked food for you. I’ve made canna butter and canna oil to make canna goodies and always wanted to make gummies. Trouble with me is that I love gummies in general. It would be too easy for me to over indulge.
If I get too depressed and my nightmares don’t subside I might have to rethink this

Last edited:
I am so tired of being in pain and if I had one that size occasionally it would be very affordable and like a mini vacation.

@Alizerine, you don't need your doctor's approval to take the Delta 8 gummies. He might not approve, but so what? He's not offering you much help, and he's not the one dealing with endless pain and sleepless nights. Chronic pain will wear you down like nothing else, as you well know. I'm glad that you found something that helps you. 🤗

I micro-dose 0.25grams of flower (ground) for pain relief. It has almost immediate effect and lowers my pain level significantly. I tried at least 20 different strains and have been using just 2 types for about 18 months. I would rather use it than highly addictive meds. IDK if I am addicted because I need to use it to be functional. That amount lasts for about 3-4 hours. I use so little that the cost is not a burden.
Do you want to share your 2 favorite Indicas?
When I go to my dispensary it's hard to always get the same strain.

Do you want to share your 2 favorite Indicas?
When I go to my dispensary it's hard to always get the same strain.
My two favorites are hybrids, about 50/50 ( indica/sativa ). They are... "Blue Dream", and "Sundae Driver". They have run out of "Sundae Driver", so I will probably try some they recommend to take it's place. I find it amazing how the different strains cause such varied effects! :)

My two favorites are hybrids, about 50/50 ( indica/sativa ). They are... "Blue Dream", and "Sundae Driver". They have run out of "Sundae Driver", so I will probably try some they recommend to take it's place. I find it amazing how the different strains cause such varied effects! :)
Oh yes, Blue Dream is also 1 of my faves! Even though it's a hybrid. Don't think I've ever had Sundae Driver.
I def don't like the Sativas. No head buzz, please.

It’s been my crutch since I was a teenager.
I’d been using less and less and suddenly one day I realized I hadn’t had any in days and I felt really good. My husband says he noticed a big difference in my moods since I quit.

More than a month passed. Yesterday I had some and realized that it makes me needlessly paranoid. Since I’m paranoid enough already, I’ve decided to give this up. It’s been almost 50 years. I only vaped very small amounts but now I don’t do any and it feels good.

Since I don’t drink I’ll be completely sober and I kind of like that. Since I’ve been reading the Bible, a ‘big’ change for me, I think this was a good move. It’s not that I’ve never quit before. I did once for 3 years but then started back up. This is going to be for good.
I guess this means we can't hang out anymore, eh?

liv laughing 1.jpg
cheech and chong.jpg

Some of that Vape Weed stuff is quite crazy. Watch and only buy what you do well with is a great thought. I know buds are best but I don't smoke. I chose to quit smoking at 19 years. Maybe if I was in pain, I would give a Medical Mary Jane card a try. Mary Jane is sooooo much
better for us than Narcotic Pain Meds. That's just a sloooo Death pronounced awful. Some of my thought comes from mowing and
cutting down the Mary Jane plants in the Farm Fence rows and Wet crick areas as a Kid with a Field "weed" mower. Haha!

If I had that much pain and couldn’t sleep I would definitely try it. It’s all about quality of life at this age.

I want to make a really important point here.
I’m not quitting because I suddenly think cannabis is a bad thing to do. I’m quitting because I’ve found myself very paranoid lately and cannabis seems to exaggerate that paranoia. If it weren’t for the mental disorders I have, I would still be using. There’s a significant improvement in my mental health in quitting this. I’m actually getting some significant mental clarity which I didn’t have before. I wish I could say it was from doing too much but I was on a minimum amount.

For a while I was really worried about getting early dementia. My brain just wasn’t working well. Since quitting I don’t have that same fear. My parents weren’t users and they didn’t get dementia until their late eighties. If quitting now lessens the chance of early getting early dementia then I’m all for quitting.

If I didn’t have the mental disorders I have, I would still be using. Cannabis is great for pain relief. It’s great for creativity. It’s good for numerous physical disorders which have been proven. I don’t want to discourage other people who might want to try it for pain. It’s great for reducing pain. If fact I’m trying to encourage my MiL to try it. She’s in a ridiculous amount of pain and I know this could really help her. Finding the right dosage is really key. Too many people think you need to smoke it and this is far from true. There are many ways of ingesting it and finding the right dose takes time and patience.

... I’m actually getting some significant mental clarity which I didn’t have before. I wish I could say it was from doing too much but I was on a minimum amount...

Regardless of how much one is consuming, if doing so regularly, daily, ones endocannibinol CB-1 neural synapse receptors will down regulate versus normal homeostasis. That is why one had mental clarity after FULLY stopping. The more one does so regularly, the more down regulation tolerance occurs (mellow) when not high that is a chemical feedback system that requires several days to return to normal. For those that use for pain relief, there really isn't a choice to take tolerance breaks. But then most rec users as a fun hallucigen, don't consume for pain relief, but rather for sensory enhancement.

The OP's anecdotal input just supports that reality that the majority of regular rec users refuse to value because of lack of self control.

... I find it amazing how the different strains cause such varied effects!

Beyond THC and CBD levels, neural science research tends to disagree with that plant/strain narrative that has been pushed by dispensaries for marketing reasons only since legal medical use arose.

The Cannabis sativa Versus Cannabis indica Debate: An Interview with Ethan Russo, MD

...Dr. Russo: There are biochemically distinct strains of Cannabis, but the sativa/indica distinction as commonly applied in the lay literature is total nonsense and an exercise in futility... The sedation of the so-called indica strains is falsely attributed to CBD content when, in fact, CBD is stimulating in low and moderate doses! Rather, sedation in most common Cannabis strains is attributable to their myrcene content, a monoterpene with a strongly sedative couch-lock effect that resembles a narcotic. In contrast, a high limonene content (common to citrus peels) will be uplifting on mood, while the presence of the relatively rare terpene in Cannabis, alpha-pinene, can effectively reduce or eliminate the short-term memory impairment classically induced by THC.

Last edited:
Adding don't mix anything with Mary Jane. If you like a couple glasses of wine with or after dinner don't toke.
If you do some social Mary Jane don't drink or take medications. There is definitely good and Bad Mary Jane pens.
They don't all work the same for one or for everybody. My Wife has a medical card. She says all that above. If
Ya see some mold on your buds recommend don't toke em. That can end up a couple hours of Un comfortability.

I’ve had a card ( licensed ) since 2007. My family doctor prescribed it for me. I say this because I had a legal licence to use and grow. I wasn’t just a recreational user. I actually got a licence to grow for a few patients so for a while it was my profession

Note: I don’t appreciate the stereotypical innuendo.

Back