I Received an Invitation

As I'm 76 at the end of this week and also being treated for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, I am having my booster jab on Friday.
I have actually caught Covid three times with decreasing symptoms each time, little different common cold symptoms.

Despite my trepidation, I am now planning to get the shingles vaccine. I've read some accounts here on the forum about it not being the most pleasant experience, but what I've read and know of people who have had shingles, that is waaaay worse. My "first mind" is telling me I should go ahead and get that vaccine.
I've been trying to decide whether or not get it too; I need to get going on it, as you said having shingles itself is supposed to be horrendous.

Pneumonia has a vaccine now but doesn't prevent pneumonia caused by Covid? Does anyone else sense what I do???
There’s always been more than one type of pneumonia and the vaccine has never covered all the varieties. I know this because in my late 40’s I got pneumonia and that’s the sickest I have ever been.

Then I developed asthma so I take the pneumonia vaccine every 10 years but it’s no guarantee I won’t get another type of pneumonia.

There’s always been more than one type of pneumonia and the vaccine has never covered all the varieties. I know this because in my late 40’s I got pneumonia and that’s the sickest I have ever been.

Then I developed asthma so I take the pneumonia vaccine every 10 years but it’s no guarantee I won’t get another type of pneumonia.
One thing that swayed me to take the pneumonia vaccine is that my sister had it twice and she was very sick with it. We're half sisters and I didn't know her when she had it, but her telling me about it was enough.

My husband & I had the two-shot shingles vax at the same time. The first one made him feel bad & the second one was no problem. I was the opposite, nothing with the first & felt bad on the second. It only lasted about a day or two for each of us with muscle pain, headache & tiredness.

He & I both seen the effects of shingles when one of the ladies who was in the nursing home with my Mom came down with them. She was in her 90's & was very bad for her & she wasn't her self after that.

To get the Spring Vaccine Booster, because of my age,
I am considered vulnerable, since they started, I have
had around 10 already, I think.

Are you still getting vaccinated regularly?

Mike.

It's free, It helps protect you. It may turn out to save your life, or to do nothing. That's the gamble. Do you love life, and the people in your life?

Back