I think I got ripped off.....

If it's hard to start you might have to 'prime it'.
And guys can show you how to do it.
Yeah
There's usually a little prime bubble on most newer 2 cycle tools
You just press it down three or four times before commencing to pull start
and there's playing with the choke lever

But
I'm betting @Colleen has a battery powered Ryobi, because she hasn't mentioned fiddling with mixing the 2 cycle additive procedure and the additive/gas ratio involved

What say you @Colleen

The new one I bought after buying this house is electric, because I have a couple of outlets outside and the yard isn't real big, it's mid-sized residential. So it might not have as much torque as a gas fueled one, but the blade works just fine even for pruning the orange tree, so it's adequate.
Yeah, I bought the gas powered Echo when living off grid in the mountains

Mainly just used the blade for cutting the brush to clear the building sites
Got weary using the clippers and no way would I run the chainsaw into the dirt
That blade on the Echo got nice and deep

If I bought one today, it'd be a battery powered
Mainly because all my drivers are Ryobi
I've got several of their newer, bigger batteries
The drivers and lights have been good to me

I did have a Ryobi generator
Never again

Last edited:
Yeah
There's usually a little prime bubble on most newer 2 cycle tools
You just press it down three or four times before commencing to pull start
and there's playing with the choke lever

But
I'm betting @Colleen has a battery powered Ryobi, because she hasn't mentioned fiddling with mixing the 2 cycle additive procedure and the additive/gas ratio involved

What say you @Colleen
Yes, it's a battery powered one. I charged up the battery and it took right off when I plugged it in, but my concern is that I can't hold on to the handle because it won't adjust. I'm going to take it to HD and ask if they can either adjust it or I'll just get the parts there.

UPDATE:

I contacted the "seller" of the parts the day after I ordered them to cancel the order. I actually woke up at 4am that morning because it was on my mind that I had screwed up and it was going to cost me big time because of my stupidity!

Anyway, I got an email right back and they said they couldn't cancel the order because it was already "on the truck". Ya, right! I've been checking my CC several times a day since I ordered and the amount has been pending all this time. This morning I checked my CC charges (I got groceries yesterday and filled the gas tank ((first time since I got the car in December!)) ) and the pending is gone. It dropped off. What does that mean?

To answer a couple questions.....no, I didn't get a confirmation and that's what made me suspicious. Also, there was no shipping charges when I ordered. I should have stopped right then. I'm blaming it all on my "fog brain" since hubby passed away in October.

and the pending is gone. It dropped off. What does that mean?
When my debit says "pending" for something I cancelled, it stays for about a week and then disappears... that means they didn't take the money from the card. Not sure if it's the same for a credit card or not, but if it's no longer there as a charge, I assume they magically "got it back off the truck" :rolleyes: and didn't charge you.

When my debit says "pending" for something I cancelled, it stays for about a week and then disappears... that means they didn't take the money from the card. Not sure if it's the same for a credit card or not, but if it's no longer there as a charge, I assume they magically "got it back off the truck" :rolleyes: and didn't charge you.
I hope it means the "seller" didn't claim the money and the CC only holds it pending for 5-6 days and then cancels the transaction. I HOPE that's what's happened. Another life lesson learned.

Did you check your spam folder in your email,it may have gone there. I hope you get your order.
Package delivery has to be a hassle. All my meds come to me by mail, and I get email notifications alerting me about shipping progress. This morning I got an alert telling me my RX had been delivered at the mailbox. It is probably in another box on our street, and we neighbors try to get them to the right house when it occurs. It doesn't happen a lot, so I don't fuss at the delivery person, that's a hard job and I appreciate them. If it doesn't show up by tomorrow I check into it some more.

I've stopped using weed killer during bee season and then only sparingly.
She is not using "weed killer"! She is using vinegar and water with a touch of dish soap! It will not hurt the bees, but they likely will not land on the flowers anyway due to the smell of vinegar.

What was the cost of the item? If it was inexpensive maybe they won't charge you since you tried to cancel it, that's why it dropped off your CC. I've had a couple of low dollar items I've wanted to return and the seller has said just keep it and then refunded my money.

I hope it means the "seller" didn't claim the money and the CC only holds it pending for 5-6 days and then cancels the transaction. I HOPE that's what's happened. Another life lesson learned.
That could be what happened...

Call the customer service number on the back of your card. Explain your concern & ask what is happening.
...and this is a good idea.

Meanwhile, yes, take it to HD and get it adjusted or fixed. They'll take care of you.

OH! they might also have a better 800-number or email or whatever for Ryobi customer service.

Yes, I've had the men at Home Depot treat me very sweetly and gently like I was their feebleminded old grandmother -- and I loved it!

I'm getting flakier every day. This morning I told my husband I thought someone had been stealing from our front porch. Express Scripts sent an e-mail saying my drugs had been delivered and it was not on the porch. I ordered a bunch of crappola from an online clearance sale and it's been three weeks and still not here!

So he looked in the mail box and there were my pills,. Then he went online and saw the money leave our account three weeks ago and also noticed the company was in London, England. So my box of crappola is probably having a leisurely trip across the Atlantic.

Well, I hope that you didn't get ripped off. I never order anything online except art courses. If at all possible, if you're close to a store that can offer you advice on whatever to buy, much safer.

Back