If you could call up anyone in the world and have a one hour conversation, who would you call?

I'd totally ask about Hunter. With those who should be not doing so, someone needs to. I'd also ask about the documents in his garage and how come he's special and doesn't get the same treatment Trump's getting.

George Carlin was right. It's all one big party and you and I are not invited.
Guess I see things like illegal immigration, Ukraine, our deficit spending and a lot of other stuff as more important.

Not that I am oblivious to the Hunter and related issues, but in too many ways those are just politics as usual. I care more about the direction of the country...

An hour with my dad who passed away over 10 years ago.

But an hour with him as he was when he was a young child, then moving along with him as he become a teenager, then an 18 year old. Asking him questions along the way.

To help me to appreciate his journey, and to understand why he became the man he was. It would probably become my most cherished conversation.

UPDATE: There were many conversations I had with my dad regarding his past and much that he told me, but as we all get older we develop new insights, new experiences, and new perspectives, then new questions. Questions we don't think of back in the day, but questions when answered might help with an even better and more significant understanding.

I don't think we ever really know someone. It's a long journey to truly get to know someone, you have to start with the desire to want to know someone.

Then there is the wonder of how my dad through his own early experiences might have shaped me. I have a lot of questions remaining, and new ones. :)

Last edited:
Guess I see things like illegal immigration, Ukraine, our deficit spending and a lot of other stuff as more important.

Not that I am oblivious to the Hunter and related issues, but in too many ways those are just politics as usual. I care more about the direction of the country...
So do I. Hence, I care about it's being so one-sided and those with (D) after their name getting a free pass while those with (R) are condemned without evidence. I have to agree with you on the other things. We need to stop having our borders unprotected and mind our own business and stay out of other people's wars which would go one heck of a long way to stop that deficit spending. But, again, Carlin was right. They aren't listening to us.

I would talk to whoever is the richest person in the world right now (Musk maybe?) and find out why he/she worships money so much. I mean, I know it's because money represents power and power is the most addictive thing in the world to humans but you can take neither power nor money into the next life with you (especially if you think like I do that there is no next life, this one is it). Whoever it is would just laugh at me I'm sure; but I'd love it if he/she would think about it. (What a dreamer I am, right?)

I would talk to whoever is the richest person in the world right now (Musk maybe?) and find out why he/she worships money so much. I mean, I know it's because money represents power and power is the most addictive thing in the world to humans but you can take neither power nor money into the next life with you (especially if you think like I do that there is no next life, this one is it). Whoever it is would just laugh at me I'm sure; but I'd love it if he/she would think about it. (What a dreamer I am, right?)
No, not a dreamer.. but I do wonder with regard to 'the power' .. if he gets as much hate as worship..I'm willing to be he gets more hate.

Power corrupts.. the love of money is evil.... the people who hate those who are succesful..those who hate people who have money... and those who hate people just because they're famous . In other words if people regardless of who they are raise their heads above the parapet in any worldly situation... they are usually met with jealousy and hate.. by so many people.....so the question for you to him might be..''why do you continue to worship money and power so much when it brings you so much hatred''.. ?

so the question for you to him might be..''why do you continue to worship money and power so much when it brings you so much hatred''.. ?
I think some of these people like being hated since it feeds into that power thing. And I also think that the ones who are sociopaths/psychopaths couldn't care less about being hated; I don't think it even crosses their minds. So I'd stick with my original question, I think.

What obligation does he have to do anything good with it whatsoever? He earned it. It's his to do with as he pleases. Yes, it's nice if he does smoe good with it - and he'll be hated for that by those who disagree with his definition of good - but he's under no obligation either legal or moral to do so. Why shouldn't he just leave it to his heirs? Those who haven't earned it have no right to his money.

I care about it's being so one-sided and those with (D) after their name getting a free pass while those with (R) are condemned without evidence.
I don't like it either, but it seems to be how things are going, getting worse all the time. Whoever the party in power is the one doing the most damage, because they can. R or D, doesn't matter. Wish we could figure out how to end it, well we can using our votes, unfortunately this year I am not sure there will be a good choice for those reasons. This is probably as close to politics as we ought get...

Oh, and this is a subject that seemed to me to be pointless to try and raise with Biden...

The 18yr old me ... but he'd prolly hang up on me
You know you have a point... in serious mode for a moment..

We all think we're pretty much the same animals we were when we were young adults...of course with added battle scars through the years but essentially the same ...

People who have video recordings of themselves when they were young will know the difference.. but some of us who haven't, and just think we're pretty much the same.. might be totally in for a shock if we could actually speak to our younger selves..

I have an example but I don't want to make this too long, and bore people.

Last edited:
An hour with my dad who passed away over 10 years ago.

But an hour with him as he was when he was a young child, then moving along with him as he become a teenager, then an 18 year old. Asking him questions along the way.

To help me to appreciate his journey, and to understand why he became the man he was. It would probably become my most cherished conversation.

UPDATE: There were many conversations I had with my dad regarding his past and much that he told me, but as we all get older we develop new insights, new experiences, and new perspectives, then new questions. Questions we don't think of back in the day, but questions when answered might help with an even better and more significant understanding.

I don't think we ever really know someone. It's a long journey to truly get to know someone, you have to start with the desire to want to know someone.

Then there is the wonder of how my dad through his own early experiences might have shaped me. I have a lot of questions remaining, and new ones. :)
What an incredibly thoughtful post.
It truly shows your level of understanding and maturity.

I would have loved to have that conversation with my parents to help me understand them better for my own peace of mind.

So do I. Hence, I care about it's being so one-sided and those with (D) after their name getting a free pass while those with (R) are condemned without evidence. I have to agree with you on the other things. We need to stop having our borders unprotected and mind our own business and stay out of other people's wars which would go one heck of a long way to stop that deficit spending. But, again, Carlin was right. They aren't listening to us.
If you think George would have ever had an (R) next to his name you don't know him at all. That's all I can/will say as No Politics Allowed, and boy, don't I know it! So this answer must remain hit and run.

If you think George would have ever had an (R) next to his name you don't know him at all. That's all I can/will say as No Politics Allowed, and boy, don't I know it! So this answer must remain hit and run.
Poltics aren't allowed? Thanks for the heads up. I'll remember that in the future. But, yes, I'm aware of that. I just love him anyway because I'm not hateful like that.

What an incredibly thoughtful post.
It truly shows your level of understanding and maturity.

I would have loved to have that conversation with my parents to help me understand them better for my own peace of mind.

I think many of us live and learn. We, which includes me, as mature as we think we are, are always leaning. When we feel there is nothing left to learn I think is an indication we have given up on life and on people.

At times trying to put ourselves in the position of others in order to understand others better takes a long and huge effort. It can't be done in a year, regardless of whether we think we have figured out that person or not. Unfortunately, many people don't seem to be capable of even trying; it's too much like hard work. It requires 'real' brain power. It requires a wanting and a patience.

The questions that we should have asked in order to lead onto deeper questions and deeper understanding are not thought about until later in life. It takes two people to understand the one person. Both need to participate. Both should want the person who is asking the questions to ask the right questions.

Help is sometimes needed from the person we are trying to understand. Some don't seem to want to be understood; don't want to show their 'real' selves. I tried not to give up with my dad. To watch my dad, the strongest most principled person I knew, cry from some of my questions was an eye-opener. I developed a deeper understanding. But I still think of new and deeper questions and discussions I would have liked to have had.

At this moment, I'd love to talk to Shalimar. I'm worried. She has helped me in the past and I'd love to help her now.
I admire you for wanting to help her. I tried that too in PM's relatively recently. These things are complex. Perhaps more complex than many could ever imagine.

Last edited:

Back