Is Anyone Following March Madness, College Basketball Picks For NCAA Tournament?

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP

"What is March Madness?

The NCAA Division I men’s basketball tournament is a single-elimination tournament of 68 teams that compete in seven rounds for the national championship. The penultimate round is known as the Final Four, when (you guessed it) only four teams are left."

I'm not into sports, but if I was, basketball would be one of the things I'd watch (others are regattas, auto racing and jai lai). I'm absorbing some of the hype because they've been making a big deal about it on GMA. Some of the plays I've seen are very impressive. Also March Madness is interrupting some TV programming.

"What is March Madness?

The NCAA Division I men’s basketball tournament is a single-elimination tournament of 68 teams that compete in seven rounds for the national championship. The penultimate round is known as the Final Four, when (you guessed it) only four teams are left."

I'm not into sports, but if I was, basketball would be one of the things I'd watch (others are regattas, auto racing and jai lai). I'm absorbing some of the hype because they've been making a big deal about it on GMA. Some of the plays I've seen are very impressive. Also March Madness is interrupting some TV programming.

Enjoyed playing basketball through my teenage years but not a fan of it as an adult spectator.

Enjoyed playing basketball through my teenage years but not a fan of it as an adult spectator.
I didn't play on a team in school but I was pretty good at shooting hoops during gym. Didn't do so bad as a senior either at a recreational-amusement center opened up near us. When my son was young, I took him to see The Harlem Globetrotters. We both enjoyed that.

Last edited:
I didn't play on a team in school but I was pretty good at shooting hoops during gym. Didn't do so bad as a senior either at a recreational-amusement center opened up near us. When my son was young, I took him to see The Harlem Globetrotters. We both enjoyed that.
I was crazy about basketball in high school so my dad took my best friend and me to see the Globe Trotters and we were thrilled. We got to sit right on the edge of the court and Meadowlark Lemon threw a bucket of confetti over us!

My son and I fill out our brackets every year. I have U Conn as my final pick and he has/had Kansas.
I fill mine out on the ESPN site just in case I get them all right.

At this moment I'm in 8,893,232 place!

Hey, the women have March Madness too! I will be following my alma mater the Iowa Hawkeyes. With Caitlin Clark, arguably, the best woman college basketball player in history.
I know Tom. Caitlin Clark is a BIG deal right now, having broken 3 basketball records. She's been mentioned in almost every coverage about March Madness and Robin Roberts, GMA who admires her so much, did an interview with Caitlin that is streaming on Hulu. Impressive young lady, not just for her skill but for her demeanor and how she's handling fame. @Rosie56

Alabama has a tough one coming up tomorrow with North Carolina ... in Los Angeles of all places.
And Alabama may be without their best three point shooter due to head injury in the last game.
But Alabama has already gone further than I thought they would ... and further than Auburn, the SEC champions.
!!! Roll Tide !!!
I hope the player who's head was injured recovers well.

Well #4 Alabama knocked off #1 North Carolina tonight and will advance to the Elite 8 for only the second time in Alabama basketball school history ... been 20yrs since Alabama was in the Elite 8 in 2004 and lost that game.

Alabama plays Clemson Saturday night and could make school history if they win and advance to the Final 4. Alabama has NEVER been there before EVER.

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!

Alabama has made it to the Final 4 for the first time in school history !!! WOooHOoo
Next Saturday, Alabama will play the #1 team in the country and the defending NCAA Champions ... UConn
NO WAY do I think Alabama has a chance of beating UConn, who has beat everybody by like 30 points or something. UConn has an amazing team that seems no one can hang with. Not.Even.Close. ... yet.
All that said, !!! ROLL TIDE !!! ... gitem Bama !!!

Last edited:
I'm cheating and late to the party. I'm picking Iowa in the women's division. They beat 'the Dirty Debutantes' LSU tonight with one of the best womens player scoring 41 points. Can't get into the mens division. The 'drama' makes the woman's division more appealing this year. Name calling, lawsuits, trash talking. Better than the Houswives shows LOL

Caitlin Clark scores 41 almost half her teams points.

Caitlin Clark leads Iowa to Final Four with epic March Madness win over Angel Reese, LSU

Last edited:
As a Hawkeye fan I, of course, am extremely happy with the win over LSU last night. Angel Reese is monster under the basket but she has no where near the overall basketball skills of Caitlin Clark. I have never heard a word of trash talk from the Iowa women toward the LSU team. I think LSU likes to intimidate with their bad girls/tough girls attitudes. Caitlin Clark seemed to be laser focused last night. I don't know how the Hawks will do in the final 4 but I wish them the best.

Womens Final Four game tickets now selling higher than the mens Final Four games.

MSN
True but the capacity of the Woman's Final Four games in Cleveland is around 20,000 while the capacity for each game for the Men's final four game in Phoenix is around 75.000. So that does factor in to those prices. However, that certainly does not diminish the popularity of the Women's Final Four. I would not be surprised if the ratings of the woman's final four matches if not exceeds the ratings for the men's final four.

Caitlyn's team losing proves once again that basketball is a team sport.

I just love watching the young women play. I can't believe that when I played in school we were still stopping at the halfway line. It seems so weird now.

When I was a senior I had finished my requirements and had some "elective" classes so I chose, "Gym." We had a lazy teacher who hated to leave her office so we just played basketball every day. Most of the girls were the big, strong West Virginia mountain girls whose addresses were, "Up a holler." They were dangerous to play with and I got hurt a lot but it was so much fun.

Back