Made 15 billion in 2021 at the initial prices, now 400-500% increase

Jeni

MSN
In a 2021 earnings call with stockholders, Pfizer’s Chief Financial Officer Frank D’Amelio revealed that the company was utilizing charging $19.50 per COVID-19 vaccine dose, anticipating a $15 billion profit in 2021. Fast forward to today, and Pfizer and Moderna have taken this notion to heart, as they have recently increased their COVID-19 shot prices by a staggering 500 percent
The sudden 500 percent price increase in COVID-19 shots offered by Pfizer and Moderna highlights the complexities of a market heavily influenced by government interventions.
“The list price of a dose of each shot is $120 to $130, according to the manufacturers,” the AP reported.

This is the fact most do not care about as their insurance or / government pays .... not seeing the cost trickles down in premiums or taxes.

I’m surprised that Medicare didn’t put a ceiling on the prices for the injections like they do for other preventative vaccines, like for Shingles and the Shingrix vaccines and Pneumonia or Prevnar injection.

Tell me if I understand this correctly. If you bought Pfizer stock five years ago, you'd have received around 4% per year in dividends while watching the value of your stock drop by over 40%.

There's more to understanding finance than just looking at the "gee whiz" numbers. JMHO

I’m surprised that Medicare didn’t put a ceiling on the prices for the injections like they do for other preventative vaccines, like for Shingles and the Shingrix vaccines and Pneumonia or Prevnar injection.
Clearly government could have limited the cost and chose not to. The taxpayer gets stuck with the bill.

Back