My Cost for Prescriptions

seadoug

I have 3 prescriptions that I regularly refill. I went with GoodRX last year when I had no insurance due to Medicare's slow process of enrolling me for Part B. For $9.99 per month on their Gold Plan I saw the cost of my prescriptions drop vs. being on Hubby's insurance coverage.

I recently had 3 prescriptions filled. One was $4.91 and the other two were $0. I asked the pharmacist why she didn't need my credit card and was shocked when she said there was no charge! I don't think this has anything to do with being enrolled in Medicare Part B because GoodRX still sends me an email when it is time to refill a prescription. I have been very happy with GoodRX and would highly recommend them.

Agreed. I turned my sister on to GoodRX for some new heart medications she needed. They were wanting between $400-500 for just a 30 day supply. She ended up being able to get 1 or 2 of them from Good RX for considerably cheaper.

I've used them in the past also w/good results on pricing.

Prescription charges depends on where you live in the UK, your age, what benefits you are entitled to etc..
In Scotland, prescriptions, eye tests etc.. are free for all. I haven't lived in England for a while, but I believe that an adult would have to pay
9.35 for a single item, or 108 GBP for a year to cover all costs. Note that the charge does not reflect the item cost - it is a charge for dispensing, not a price so it is sometimes cheaper to buy over-the-counter if you can. Children and those over 60 do not have to pay.

Not sure about the situation in Wales or N.Ireland.

Back