My Definition of Schizophrenia

When you feel like life is a tornado, and you are the gratuitous cow being spun around for cinematic value.
And from "normal" people's perspective, seeing a cow being spun around is both horrifying and amusing. Horrifying because tornadoes are unstoppable, completely beyond our control, and amusing because ...well, there's a cow spinning around in it - a creature that belongs on the ground is uncontrollably flying around in circles - something you don't see every day.

My daughter bought an Air Tag at Best Buy to keep track of my wife should she stray again. She's wearing it as a necklace and my daughters can track her location on their phones.

We have an appointment with her psychiatrist on Tuesday. Hon is flat as a pancake...showing no emotion...talking in slow motion. We'll get to the bottom of this in a couple of days.

Thanks for all of the kind sentiments and support! :)

I remember my 'Turkey Delusion'.

This turkey kept appearing on the TV News. He was photographed at Bus Stops...on the roof of cars...everywhere in the City. I thought the whole country was making fun of me...like I was the biggest turkey in the world or something. I know...it was madness!

My wife is now in a Psychiatric Ward.

It's almost like some Wizard has cast a spell on her...that emotionless flat-effect. I'm visiting her 3x per day at meal times to make sure she eats properly. Her Doctor isn't sure what's going on but it's a combo of menopause, bipolar, sleep terrors, and diabetes. I think she needs to go back to ground zero with all of her medication and take it from there.

I'll keep you all posted as this sadness progresses.

Beezer, I'm feeling for you right now. My husband was plagued with anxiety and depression for a whole decade. He saw his GP, a psychologist and psychiatrist but the black dog kept hanging around. At one stage he attempted suicide which scared me silly. Then, one day the depression left him although he was still rather anxious.

I hope your lady is able to pass through her current stage and that she is able to find joy again soon.

🤗

You are an incredible family and an inspiration. I have been talking about you to my closest friend whose son, in his thirties, is schizophrenic with drug addiction. I have been telling my friend about you & your family to give her hope. I think you guys are fabulous, and wish you the best.

Hi Beezer - I'm really worry to hear your family is struggling with this. If it's any help, I have learned that doctors tend to over-medicate members of my family to bad effect. They do it because many doses are based on weight, correct? Maybe some nurses can chime on on that? And we all became overweight in old age so with my mom they always over-medicated her.

We all saw this happen. She would feel so much better when they reduced the meds or took her off one or two.

If you're not familiar with the legal rights of the mentally ill and their families in your state, this would be a very good time to enlist some help from family in searching for "legal rights of the mentally ill in ______", just to KNOW what your and her rights are to advise doctors about medications.

And DO NOT BE SHY to call some lawyers who work in medical malpractice and start ASKING QUESTIONS. Keep a list of questions for the lawyer.

If everyone saw that she was worse on this but did better on that, START KEEPING A JOURNAL ABOUT IT.

SUPER IMPORTANT to write things down
as you get older because the FIRST thing they accuse you of when you're older is, "Oh he's old,. His mind and memory are slipping."

At United Airlines, I was given a Psychosis exam. The psychiatrist looks for different things with the answers to his questions. He told me I was about as normal as they come. I asked him for a note stating what he found. He asked Why? I said because my wife keeps telling me I’m nuts. He said that being nuts and crazy are two different things.

I was in Boston staying overnight in a hotel after flying in from Denver. It was 4 in the morning and I had a 6:10 flight going to Chicago and then back to D.C. I went outside that morning for a quick 2 mile run when I came upon a young girl talking to herself and walking in the opposite direction. I stopped and asked her if I could help her. She asked what city where we in.

After I told her we were in Boston, she asked if I could get her a cop. After only a few minutes, I waved one down and told the officer that she was asking for a cop. He knew her I guess because he said they would run her out to the hospital.

My wife is now in a Psychiatric Ward.

It's almost like some Wizard has cast a spell on her...that emotionless flat-effect. I'm visiting her 3x per day at meal times to make sure she eats properly. Her Doctor isn't sure what's going on but it's a combo of menopause, bipolar, sleep terrors, and diabetes. I think she needs to go back to ground zero with all of her medication and take it from there.

I'll keep you all posted as this sadness progresses.
Maybe they'll do that with her meds. I've always thought bipolar sounded like such a hard thing to prescribe for and, of course, adding diabetes only makes it harder.

At least you know she's safe now and in a good place to monitor how she's doing on each drug until she becomes really stable.

She's so lucky to have you and your wonderful daughters standing by.

Don't forget your own health during this stressful time. Go home in the evening and do whatever comforts you.

Thinking of all of you with love.

Hon is still in this drug-induced fog.

She is extremely fatigued but recognized her daughter today...told me her back was sore...and whispered 'I love you' back to me. She lost about 25 pounds in around 2 weeks which may have caused the meds in her system to accelerate. The Doctors are still trying to get to the bottom of this. Her bloodwork wasn't done frequently enough.

If my wife ends up with brain damage or dies, there will definitely be litigation from my end. I'll keep all of you posted as this unfolds.

Back