Notes from Pappy's diary

Beautiful day here today. Been a busy couple days. Yesterday, I had my scooter delivered. It’s small but mighty. I tooled down the street at a breath taking speed of 4.7 mph. Breaks down in 5 pieces and fits in my little Kia.

Just got back visiting my pulmonologist and had a good visit with him. I’m going to try a couple different things and in 4 months, we will see if it makes a difference. If not, we will try a stronger inhaler.

Did I mention we have two more great grandbabies coming soon. At last count…this will make 18 greats. Did I also mention we stopped buying Christmas gifts 20 years ago. 😵‍💫

Hope you are having a good day. Living the dream…Pappy
huh? was xmas that long ago!! yup those greast grandbabies don't seem to understand much about grandparents huh? Pappy Thelma and you seem such a happy couple doesn't she ever get 'narked' with you and call ya out??

huh? was xmas that long ago!! yup those greast grandbabies don't seem to understand much about grandparents huh? Pappy Thelma and you seem such a happy couple doesn't she ever get 'narked' with you and call ya out??
We have our little disagreements once in a while but after 67 years together, it’s no big thing. And now that she is showing signs of dementia, I keep tabs on her and keep her safe.

Beautiful day here today. Been a busy couple days. Yesterday, I had my scooter delivered. It’s small but mighty. I tooled down the street at a breath taking speed of 4.7 mph. Breaks down in 5 pieces and fits in my little Kia.

Just got back visiting my pulmonologist and had a good visit with him. I’m going to try a couple different things and in 4 months, we will see if it makes a difference. If not, we will try a stronger inhaler.

Did I mention we have two more great grandbabies coming soon. At last count…this will make 18 greats. Did I also mention we stopped buying Christmas gifts 20 years ago. 😵‍💫

Hope you are having a good day. Living the dream…Pappy
Yayyyy. You got your new wheels and took it for a spin already . You have 18 great grand children? WOW! Congratulations 🥳

Monday I took my car in for service. I have to laugh because I have to have it serviced every 6 months. The car is almost 3 years old and I have 7000 miles on it. A waste of resources if you ask me but it keeps the warranty active.

In the freaking name of progress 😡, we are losing our woods behind us. Someone bought all the land and will build more housing. The giant machines will make short work of the trees we’ve enjoyed the last 25 years, not to mention the poor animals that will displaced and killed. All in the name of progress. BS. IMG_2435.jpegIMG_2434.jpegIMG_2432.jpegIMG_2431.jpeg

It’s been a fairly busy week here at the Pappy household. Monday, had my car serviced and there were no recalls or problems. But then again, I’ve only got 7000 miles on it.

I’ve got my golf cart going again. Had to purchase a rim and tire but we’ve been using it every night to see how fast they are destroying our woods in the back of the house.

Thelma had bloodwork today for her knee replacement on the 14th of May. Stopped at CVS drug store to pick up a couple of items, and then off the the coffee shop for an afternoon pick me up. ☕

Now we have to decide what to have for supper. There is a box of frozen shrimp that’s looks fairly good. Will figure out what to have with it later. Maybe smashed potatoes.

Have a good day..Pappy

More on the destruction of the woods behind us. This is the section one block from us. There are three sections in all. Monster machines that “eat” the wood and spit it out.
View attachment 344375View attachment 344376View attachment 344377
Pappy they did this to our woods too, and in the last 3 years they've built houses on the land, and there are now 400 houses there.. complete blot on our countryside landscape, and destruction of all the trees...

Fortunately we still have much of the woods left, but the poppy fields are gone as well that butted up against that part of the woodland.., and the woods now have all these house built right on the edge.. so it doesn't feel as rural as it once did...nor as serene...

Pappy they did this to our woods too, and in the last 3 years they've built houses on the land, and there are now 400 houses there.. complete blot on our countryside landscape, and destruction of all the trees...

Fortunately we still have much of the woods left, but the poppy fields are gone as well that butted up against that part of the woodland.., and the woods now have all these house built right on the edge.. so it doesn't feel as rural as it once did...nor as serene...
It is a shame holly. We will start getting more street noise once the wood are gone. Not to mention the noise from building all these homes. Thankful we enjoyed them for 25 years.

It is a shame holly. We will start getting more street noise once the wood are gone. Not to mention the noise from building all these homes. Thankful we enjoyed them for 25 years.
yes, I understand.. altho' the new houses here on our woodland is not affecting me directly.. they are causing huge problems due to the extra traffic on roads which separates my house from the woods.. and the extra pressure on our Doctors, and schools when they are struggling already.. and that's not to even mention the fact that brick buildings have no replaced beautiful fields and woodland

Last edited:
@Pappy and @hollydolly,
They are doing the same thing here. The woods, pastures, and orange groves are disappearing and are being replaced by homes. The bears, coyotes, and other wildlife do not know where to go! It is so sad!
It is not affecting us directly either, @hollydolly because we have preserved lands and ponds in our community but it affects everything else like you are mentioning above.

Last edited:

Back