On taking offense,😉

A word that should be included in the Psychiatric Desktop Reference of Mental Disorders should be "Chaos Junkie: A person who craves chaos and discord, and goes out of his way to create it, often to fill a perceived void in their lives."

I'm guessing we have all met at least a few of these types along the way, and as is the case with all emotional disorders, we may find some of it in ourselves. Nature (and humanity) abhors a vacuum, and seeks to fill it. Some humans need chaos to feel alive.

A word that should be included in the Psychiatric Desktop Reference of Mental Disorders should be "Chaos Junkie: A person who craves chaos and discord, and goes out of his way to create it, often to fill a perceived void in their lives."

I'm guessing we have all met at least a few of these types along the way, and as is the case with all emotional disorders, we may find some of it in ourselves. Nature (and humanity) abhors a vacuum, and seeks to fill it. Some humans need chaos to feel alive.

I think it sort of falls under "Histrionic Personality Disorder" which does appear in the Reference.

Wayne Dyer is the one who said people look for things to be offended by. So you can get offended by him. He is not living any longer but has many books and videos 😃

Last edited:

Back