Ontario Train on fire,

It seems that several of the cars were carrying old railway ties, I wonder if they were treated with tar the way it was burning. There was remarkably little about it on our local news but they say it only took an hour after it was stopped to put it out, other non involved cars were disconnected and moved away.

I'm wondering how on earth all the cars caught fire@@ i mean
I could see one or two but all those at one time??
This. And it was probably on fire for a while. The conductor or crew didn't notice it? And instead of stopping in the middle of now where they're stopping near buildings

It seems that several of the cars were carrying old railway ties, I wonder if they were treated with tar the way it was burning. There was remarkably little about it on our local news but they say it only took an hour after it was stopped to put it out, other non involved cars were disconnected and moved away.
Railway ties are treated with creosote not tar. Properly treated, wooden railway ties will last about 40 years in use on a railway line. At some point they need to be replaced with new ones.

This. And it was probably on fire for a while. The conductor or crew didn't notice it? And instead of stopping in the middle of now where they're stopping near buildings
To me the best place to stop WAS in a place where fire trucks could immediately respond, not some place far out in the country side. London, Ontario is a major city, with a modern fire hydrant system and full time paid Fire Fighters on duty 24 hours a day. JimB.

Back