Philosophy by which you live

Stoicism.

Self-control, patience, and understanding nature are the means for overcoming destructive emotions. (ones own)
Clear and unbiased thinking (in a word, logic) allows one to understand the reasons for everything.
Strive continuously to improve your ethical and moral well-being while remaining in agreement with nature.

There are some parts of Stoic philosophy that I totally reject, particularly parts of it's earliest version. Needless to say, it has evolved quite a bit since 300 BC. Mostly it stresses virtue, knowledge, and self-control.

I have a code to live by. It’s my measuring stick. It’s composed of bits and pieces from Taoism, Buddhism, the Stoics, and even ideas from a couple of old Dale Carnegie books. I keep important thoughts and notes in a little commonplace book. I also keep a listing of “logical fallacies,” so I do not commit them.
Even at this age, I am still adding to my notebook. Recently, some ideas from Victor Frankl.

I missed this thread when it first appeared. As with religion, I don't have anything formal or off the rack that I draw on; life itself is the best teacher. Everything I believe in has earned my trust and because I desire to live in a world of peers, I treat everyone as if they are from the start. Better to overestimate a few than to sell anyone short. I believe there is something in the cosmos greater than any of us which every religious tradition taps into. No one system owns the patent. I've found an interest in understanding who we are, what the world is and why we're here never gets old.

Back