Plant food - go to jail

Lawrence00

I guess I've heard occasional information about the genetically modified seeds. I was watching a short video from a farmer girl on Facebook and she mentioned it was illegal to replant your seeds. I asked Bing and learned that farmers sign extensive contracts before buying gmo seed and can be sued for tens of thousands of dollars.
The seed is considered to be intellectual property.

Well I didn't sign any contracts. Maybe I'll be like Johnny Appleseed and wander the forests planting shelled corn from the neighborhood grocer.

Johnny ... is the shelled corn from the neighborhood grocer, organic?
... "Jack and the Beanstalk" ... and that's why GMO's are bad bad bad
They probably have artificial intelligence now, so they will take over the world.

iu

Maybe 2 decades ago NY City passed a law prohibiting people from growing food on their rooftops and balconies ....or something like that. Maybe just rooftops, I don't remember. Flowers and ferns, ok; food gardens, not ok.

So, some activists got together to push for "Right to Garden" laws. Only 2 states in the US have adopted "Right to Garden" laws. But I don't think anybody cares because the whole idea is ludicrous. Lots of people all over the country grow food in their yards, including me and several of my neighbors.

I have no garden (of my own) and I'm trying to avoid consuming genetically modified foods, so I guess I don't have to worry about going to the slammer (at least not for that). :LOL:
Can you imagine how police departments feel about this issue? With stabbings, shootings, car-jackings, and home invasions going on, imagine how cops feel about arresting someone for growing a damn tomato.

(I'd never rat on you, Miss Diva)

Can you imagine how police departments feel about this issue? With stabbings, shootings, car-jackings, and home invasions going on, imagine how cops feel about arresting someone for growing a damn tomato.

(I'd never rat on you, Miss Diva)
Good point Murr. I would hope the police would feel "some type o way" (as we say) about that foolishness. And thank you for not ratting me out. :)

Back