Rant Thread-Tell 'em off Thread

I want the kind of church that will preach that yesterday, in history,
Jesus Christ,
a man who never hurt anyone or committed any crimes,
someone who was only famous for healing both the wretched and the rich; their incomes didn't matter to Him,
Healed the people of Israel and even the Romans - their belief systems didn't matter to him when he healed them and their loved ones,
Someone who was falsely accused but brought up on trumped-up charges anyway,
Someone who was homeless for three years prior to his execution, owned only one garment, that was the extent of his worldly goods,
Someone who was a terrible capitalist,
Gets a Big Fat F for capitalism!

He was crucified yesterday on trumped-up charges and murdered.

I want a church that teaches that Jesus - not Future Jesus, coming back in the clouds in glory, i.e. Spaceman Jesus.
Not Spreadsheet Jesus. ("Let's look at our church growth plan for this year, shall we?")

I want a church who would see a homeless person who owns one garment and SEE that person is basically living just like Jesus did for three years, therefore, he/she is worthy of everything.

Not worthy of immediate condemnation because they are poor. Not worthy of immediate condemnation because they are not homeowners or even car owners.

Worthy of HONOR and RESPECT, because I think that is the whole point of the crucifixion story, or one of the major points. I think the crucifixion story is supposed to teach us that we people are frickin' blind when it comes to truth and soul. The truth about OURSELVES. And that includes pastors, priests and teachers. Many of them are blind as **** too.

I have not found such a church yet. I think maybe John Fugelsang has to get ordained and preach and then I could attend his church.
TOP 25 QUOTES BY JOHN FUGELSANG | A-Z Quotes

Back