Reflections of My Life

Are you OK? :oops:

Noticed you haven't posted recently.🥰
Nice to know I was missed! :)

I only missed one day I think.

I have been going through my files throwing away old papers I think I don't need anymore. When I take a break from that I have been getting rid of picture files that are pictures I use for good morning or coffee posts here and on fakebook. I try not to post the same pictures twice on either site so I mark them when I have used them either place. After that I get rid of them. Some I really loved and kept but need to weed them out.

I still have not written out my budget sheet for May. My hold up is not knowing what my new rent amount will be in June. I always buy my money order for the rent a month in advance so I would be buying June's money order in May. Of course, I signed up on the management's website to be able to pay my rent online so I might be doing that. But I will always put that amount in my savings account a month in advance also.

Today I am working on my blog too. In between doing other things. I planned on doing laundry but just didn't feel like sitting down there today. I should go outside because it is beautiful out but I don't want to leave my apartment this afternoon. So here I am....

I find myself as time passes, thinking kindly of my husband and the life we led. I have a number of fakebook friends who became my friends because of that life. Some will ask me questions and remind me of that time in my life. Yesterday as I was going through papers in my files I took a look at my journals. I started reading the 2015 one. It reminded me of how I felt about living without conveniences and not being able to do things that others took for granted. Like taking a shower, washing laundry or vacuuming your house.

I sat here thanking God that I was able to make the changes. I needed to do that. I had written a lot about wanting to leave my husband due to his negativity and anger. When I was in the process of leaving he became super nice and not angry at all as he had to deal with blizzard conditions in March (2018). He would have said or done anything to get me not to leave. I never told anyone how I really felt because everyone thought I had a wonderful homesteading life and I wrote my blogs like it was great.

I was constantly selling on my Amazon store and eBay store. Always listing things and sending out packages. I hated the packaging part of that. Loved doing the listings and working on my store. I sold a lot of my good jewelry for far less than it was worth. I only have a few pieces left. It is not worth selling jewelry. It is better to just give it to someone you care about. I am glad not to be doing that now either. Back then it was a matter of buying hay for our horses, gas for the truck or food for that day for us.

Life is so much better for me here. That is why when people say things against senior apartments or subsidized housing I never agree with them. It truly saved my life to get this apartment.

I find myself as time passes, thinking kindly of my husband and the life we led. I have a number of fakebook friends who became my friends because of that life. Some will ask me questions and remind me of that time in my life. Yesterday as I was going through papers in my files I took a look at my journals. I started reading the 2015 one. It reminded me of how I felt about living without conveniences and not being able to do things that others took for granted. Like taking a shower, washing laundry or vacuuming your house.

I sat here thanking God that I was able to make the changes. I needed to do that. I had written a lot about wanting to leave my husband due to his negativity and anger. When I was in the process of leaving he became super nice and not angry at all as he had to deal with blizzard conditions in March (2018). He would have said or done anything to get me not to leave. I never told anyone how I really felt because everyone thought I had a wonderful homesteading life and I wrote my blogs like it was great.

I was constantly selling on my Amazon store and eBay store. Always listing things and sending out packages. I hated the packaging part of that. Loved doing the listings and working on my store. I sold a lot of my good jewelry for far less than it was worth. I only have a few pieces left. It is not worth selling jewelry. It is better to just give it to someone you care about. I am glad not to be doing that now either. Back then it was a matter of buying hay for our horses, gas for the truck or food for that day for us.

Life is so much better for me here. That is why when people say things against senior apartments or subsidized housing I never agree with them. It truly saved my life to get this apartment.
Thanks for sharing that, @katlupe! You endured a lot, but got through it. I can relate to not liking sending out packages. I also didn't like it when I was selling my books and shipping them off.

It's good that you chose this life. As you stated, "Life is so much better for me here." That is wonderful. I hope and pray you continue to have a blessed life.

I totally agree that I want to hit the easy button in my senior years. It’s why I bought a condo instead of staying in the house. I sit on my balcony and watch the landscapers work.

I have a beautiful lush courtyard of trees, grass and flowers to look at without doing anything. I’m only responsible for things inside my condo so not much to go wrong.

Locally people wait years for subsidized housing whether senior or otherwise. We definitely need more but unfortunately the city council doesn’t care about anybody but their rich friends.

I got my laundry done but it took a lot out of me. First of all, while it was in the washing machine I worked in the storage locker. Got Jeff's treasure chest toy chest out from the back and in the front now. I will clean it up and see if he wants it for his apartment. He could use it for storing something in it. It is a vinyl type of material. I have had it since 1975.

When I started dating my first husband one night when I was working he went to my apartment and put in shelves for my books as a surprise for me. He took Jeff from the babysitter next door and took him to Sears with him. He bought the treasure chest toy chest for him while they were there. When I came home from work at my supper time he was there putting the shelves up and Jeff was sound asleep in the toy chest. I will never forget that memory.

I totally agree that I want to hit the easy button in my senior years. It’s why I bought a condo instead of staying in the house. I sit on my balcony and watch the landscapers work.

I have a beautiful lush courtyard of trees, grass and flowers to look at without doing anything. I’m only responsible for things inside my condo so not much to go wrong.

Locally people wait years for subsidized housing whether senior or otherwise. We definitely need more but unfortunately the city council doesn’t care about anybody but their rich friends.
I wish I had a balcony. It sounds so nice!

Luckily I have the parks within walking distance but I have to leave my apartment to enjoy them. At least I have them.

I wish I had a balcony. It sounds so nice!

Luckily I have the parks within walking distance but I have to leave my apartment to enjoy them. At least I have them.
When I was looking for a condo I didn’t consider any that didn’t have outside space. I realize with renting that’s not feasible. Last year I enclosed it with floor to ceiling glass with huge windows running the width of it. Now I can use it year round because I have a space heater out there.

So I have a comfy chair to read and my dogs love playing in the sun. Before it was enclosed I was always cleaning my furniture because I had a big tree in front that would lose it’s leaves and birds would sit on it. It was expensive but really worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 13
When I was looking for a condo I didn’t consider any that didn’t have outside space. I realize with renting that’s not feasible. Last year I enclosed it with floor to ceiling glass with huge windows running the width of it. Now I can use it year round because I have a space heater out there.

So I have a comfy chair to read and my dogs love playing in the sun. Before it was enclosed I was always cleaning my furniture because I had a big tree in front that would lose it’s leaves and birds would sit on it. It was expensive but really worth it.
Lovely place to sit. 🥰 If I can move from here I would like something similar

I got my laundry done but it took a lot out of me. First of all, while it was in the washing machine I worked in the storage locker. Got Jeff's treasure chest toy chest out from the back and in the front now. I will clean it up and see if he wants it for his apartment. He could use it for storing something in it. It is a vinyl type of material. I have had it since 1975.

When I started dating my first husband one night when I was working he went to my apartment and put in shelves for my books as a surprise for me. He took Jeff from the babysitter next door and took him to Sears with him. He bought the treasure chest toy chest for him while they were there. When I came home from work at my supper time he was there putting the shelves up and Jeff was sound asleep in the toy chest. I will never forget that memory.
What a beautiful memory!

I love it! What a beautiful spot to enjoy.

Yesterday I made progress with my paper files. One more file to work on which is my paper work for my apartment. I like to keep all the correspondence, even the silly trivial ones, just in case. I also sharpened all my knives and scissors with my new knife sharpener (thank you @RadishRose !). It worked great and is easy to use. What a difference using sharp knives!

Jeff came to my apartment last night after I was ready to fall asleep so I forgot everything I wanted to tell him. After he left, I remembered. I have to do his budget sheet today so I can figure out when I can get him a new computer. I will get him the digital phone again through Spectrum along with his internet because the cellphone is not going to last. At least right now that phone he is just using for a clock and I have not activated it yet. But if I want to have constant contact with him, he needs a normal telephone.

It looks like it might be a nice day today so I am hoping on getting some time outside. Right now, I am going to make some hard boiled eggs for deviled eggs.

Jeff was here this morning and I remembered all the stuff I wanted to tell him. I asked him if he wanted his toy chest. He does. So just a bit ago I took my cleaning wipes down to the storage locker and cleaned it the best I could. Then took it up to his apartment. He did not answer the door. It said In on the door and I could hear music playing. So I used my key and took it inside. His bedroom door was closed and that is where the music was coming from. Probably sleeping. He is a night owl. So I put the chest in place in his living room and left. Wonder when he will notice it is there?

Our vintage movie theater was really unique because it had been kept the way it was in the past. This year they have been improving it since they were awarded a grant that was included in the grant Norwich got from the state for improving and beautifying the downtown area. Every time Sonny and I went we were the only people there. The seats were uncomfortable, especially for "bigger" people now. I need to check it out this summer when I see a movie I want to see.

colonia_crp.JPG

My friend came up and brought me 4 dozen eggs from her daughter's chickens. Then we went to Walmart and I got a few things. I didn't really need to go but she came all the way up so I felt like I had to. She is nice and has always done stuff for me. She is a very negative person and she drives me crazy. I could not wait for her to leave today.

She hates anyone who has money. Even if they worked honestly to make the money. She has always bragged in a way that she makes way too much money to live here where I do. She probably does but I don't want her to live here anyway. Just constant complaining about her job, her kids, her dog, her house that she just bought in December, etc. You get the idea.

Now I am just enjoying the quiet of my apartment. Just listening to my bunny chewing his spring mix. I recently signed up with a new supplement insurance (medicaid makes you have one and they cover what the supplement and Medicare does not) and they give you a card that they put $213. on it for me to use. Yes, that is what they did. Then I did some things that added rewards to it. Today I used it for the first time. I thought they said it did not expire but it does. Monthly. So they told me I had 4 days to use it. The reward part doesn't expire. I found I can order food on Walmart's website and use that card. Pretty nice perk!

I have a similar situation with my insurance. Last year I got $280 (?, I think it was) for 3 months but it could only be used on food at Walmart or certain things at CVS pharmacy. This year they switched it, I get $84 per month and I can use it on gasoline and eye glasses/contact lenses, in addition to the food, and CVS items. And it doesn't expire at the end of the month. I like that I can pay for gas with it.

I have a similar situation with my insurance. Last year I got $280 (?, I think it was) for 3 months but it could only be used on food at Walmart or certain things at CVS pharmacy. This year they switched it, I get $84 per month and I can use it on gasoline and eye glasses/contact lenses, in addition to the food, and CVS items. And it doesn't expire at the end of the month. I like that I can pay for gas with it.
I was surprised this was a real thing. I have always seen those ads saying sign up with this company and you get extra food. Well, I am glad I did it though it wasn't because of that because I didn't think it was true anyway. So today I have a Walmart delivery coming and I still have more money on the card to use by the 30th. This one does expire by the end of the month but they put another $213. back on the card (every month).

My friend came up and brought me 4 dozen eggs from her daughter's chickens. Then we went to Walmart and I got a few things. I didn't really need to go but she came all the way up so I felt like I had to. She is nice and has always done stuff for me. She is a very negative person and she drives me crazy. I could not wait for her to leave today.

She hates anyone who has money. Even if they worked honestly to make the money. She has always bragged in a way that she makes way too much money to live here where I do. She probably does but I don't want her to live here anyway. Just constant complaining about her job, her kids, her dog, her house that she just bought in December, etc. You get the idea.
How odd... she hates people who have money yet Brags that she has too much money to live in low income housing .... what a strange person..

You are lucky to get the benefits, mine don't work with the
card, and this after calling twice and speaking to different
folks, they don't have any suggestions....so guess mine will
just go to waste.....

You are lucky to get the benefits, mine don't work with the
card, and this after calling twice and speaking to different
folks, they don't have any suggestions....so guess mine will
just go to waste.....
As soon as I got the card I created my online account on their website. As soon as I activated the card it showed I had $213. available on it. Then after I set it up to be paperless they added $5. in rewards. After I watched a video on how to use the card they added $5. more. So you can do things to add more in the way of rewards. I saw when paying with it for my Walmart order it is showing I will have more money coming on the first.

I rested yesterday so today I have things to do. After I finish my coffee I am walking to the dumpster and maybe beyond that. I will see how I feel. Presently I am organizing the file for my apartment. I had too much in there and need to throw some of it out. I placed another order with Walmart so I could use up the money on that insurance benefit card since the money expires on the first. Order food for Jeff since I really don't need anything yet.

I could not get that streaming service to come in on my television. Well, it did come in but I would have to buy it and there was no way (that I could see) to sign in using the password from Walmart's site. Maybe I will figure it out later. Not that I really need it.

My phone says it is supposed to be 70 degrees at noon so I better get going while it is still cool. I do not care for hot weather and to me 70 is hot.

I am quite proud of myself because today I really emptied out a lot of paper from my piles. Instead of throwing it out, if the back is empty, I cut it in four pieces and use it for scratch paper. What a big pile I have now! I did not take a walk. Only went as far as the dumpster. I got the Walmart delivery so now that card is good. Maybe a few dollars left but I didn't check it.

I made a point of watching a movie on prime so I could stay in the recliner with my feet up. I haven't been doing that and I feel I need to get back to doing it. It makes a difference.

Tomorrow I am cleaning out some items from my storage locker. I am eager to make more room in there.

I had to walk to the county office building today. It was hot. Not that far but it was hot. Oh, I mentioned that already didn't I? Well, it was. I did my business there which was for my son and I am glad I pushed myself to go this morning. Now it is done. I knew when I got back home my air conditioning was on and I would have a cool apartment. I did. Put my feet up and watched a documentary on Prime about The Beatles & their company, Apple. I make myself stay there until the video is over and just do some ankle pumps while I am there.

I made chicken wings for my supper and now I have everything done in the kitchen. I have a meeting tomorrow morning with the manager to sign my new lease. The rent went up ten dollars so I am pretty happy about that.

A small group of the tenants here have taken on the job of keeping the building clean. They are not getting paid for it. Volunteer basis. But they are doing a great job. I have a couple things in my storage locker I have donated to their cause. A carpet shampooer and a steam pressure cleaner. I will never use either one again and just want it out of my storage locker.

I need to clean that locker out. Too much stuff I don't need or want. Pictures! They are a big thing I have to go through and get rid of. Oh well, that is another thing to work on.

Back