Saddened by a great loss this year, new family member helping us heal.

I lost 2 in the past 20 years, sad, one of cancer, Vet put her to sleep in my arms.
The other just didn't wake up in the middle of the day nap.
A couple months go buy and loved another Saved Pup.

Have had Rosey a Lil Coton de Lulear now since fall of 16.
My sympathy for your loss, hugs for Rosey, those dogs are so cute!

Bear is precious :) He looks adorable in his new coat, awwww!
Thanks Pinky, that's his fourth coat all bought from Amazon, size was always a guess. He was growing like a weed, six pounds when we got him and now almost twenty, he should be near or at his adult size....I hope so. ;)

He's a Smooth Fox Terrier, the Jack Russels have the short legs, not sure if there's many other differences. I know mine has a really long and pointed snout, to find foxes and drive them out of their dens. The vet sent him home with a huge e collar, size for large dog, they said because his nose was so long, he needed that extra width to keep him from biting on the stitches, lol. Luckily we haven't had to use it, he's been gentle with them.

Sweet lady, you are not rude at all. No apology needed, I welcome all the good folks here to share any of their personal experiences in any of my threads, that's what it's all about. Your thinking is always fine, all good! 💙 ☮️
Thank you. I find it interesting the way dogs were bred. They say schnauzers have a long beard and long fur to keep rats from biting them when they hunted them. Yorkshire terriers have a high pitched bark so that when they caught their prey, their owners heard where they were.

I’d forgotten about the Smooth Terrier. I haven’t seen many of them except in old royalty photos from way back. They are very attractive little dogs. It’s smart that you downsized your pets. Big dogs are difficult to pick up when needed. Wishing you many happy years with your new loved one.

He's a good egg, a little feisty and full of baloney, lol.
☺️That's such a good description you gave,
and with your wording, (full of baloney😁 )
it's fun for me to imagine how exactly you arrived at it, from observing his particular behaviors, personality, and self-concept. 😄🥰

I was glad to see you updated us, here on this thread, too.🤩

Bear had neuter surgery this past Tuesday, including a microchip. He turned 7 months old on Thursday, and the first pic was taken yesterday, I needed a quick photo of him for identity when I registered his microchip info.

Other two are on the chair in the living room with his winter coat (a little big) on, the other is in the kitchen. He's a good egg, a little feisty and full of baloney, lol. His skin is freckled all over, especially on his underbelly, guess that's common in some terriers. :)

View attachment 337938

View attachment 337939

View attachment 337940

Loki (?) is looking a lot like a Jack Russell except for the longer muzzle. From the first photo of him I was guessing some collie or whippet. Have you run his DNA?

Oh I see now. A smooth coat fox terrier.

☺️That's such a good description you gave,
and with your wording, (full of baloney😁 )
it's fun for me to imagine how exactly you arrived at it, from observing his particular behaviors, personality, and self-concept. 😄🥰

I was glad to see you updated us, here on this thread, too.🤩
Thank you Kaila. 🧡 Like most puppies, he likes to get into everything. He hasn't been very destructive at all, but in the house he will go into every small trash can, take out a paper towel or tissue and leave a pile of scraps here and there. I've been doing double duty emptying everything twice a day and making sure he doesn't get into anything harmful.

I've been using those plastic doggie pick-up bags, so I always have several in my pocket at home and when we go out. He'll jump up and put his nose into my pocket and run away with one like he's carrying a trophy. We keep tiny trainer treats in our shirt pockets, and he'll try and put his nose in there when our guard is down.

He plays with his little spiked squeaky ball in the house by picking up another toy and hitting it around the rooms with that. He has not yet gone down the stairs to the basement, but his latest game is going to the top landing and letting his ball bounce down the steps. When I bring it up he gets really happy, a few minutes later i hear that familiar bounce, bounce, bounce. I told him I'm not playing that game, don't know if he heard me. :p

Loki (?) is looking a lot like a Jack Russell except for the longer muzzle. From the first photo of him I was guessing some collie or whippet. Have you run his DNA?

Oh I see now. A smooth coat fox terrier.
Loki is my cat, Bear is the terrier. His legs are pretty long, I was standing in the yard when I took the picture, so it was a weird angle. Hard to get a shot of him standing still. No, I don't care anything about DNA, never checked that on any of my pets.

Back