Strange occurrence, what does it mean?

C50

Yesterday I was in my barn when an old friend called, so I sat down in a chair and we started talking. Across the barn from me is some lumber stacked up with a couple shorter boards leaning against the back wall, lumber has been there for a week. As I'm sitting there one of the boards leaning against the wall tipped forward and fell to the floor, I literally watched it happen. It was an oak board about 16" wide and 4' long, made a loud enough smack my buddy asked "what the heck was that?"

No wind, barn doors and windows were closed, no movement, I was sitting still and the barn cat was laying by my feet, and the boards had been untouched for a week.

Common sense tells me the board must have been right at the tipping point and expansion of the barn wall from heat moved it enough to tip, that's really the best I can come up with. Or a spirit, of who or what I don't know. Kind of neat to be sitting right there and witness an odd occurrence.

Paranormal or ?

Yesterday I was in my barn when an old friend called, so I sat down in a chair and we started talking. Across the barn from me is some lumber stacked up with a couple shorter boards leaning against the back wall, lumber has been there for a week. As I'm sitting there one of the boards leaning against the wall tipped forward and fell to the floor, I literally watched it happen. It was an oak board about 16" wide and 4' long, made a loud enough smack my buddy asked "what the heck was that?"

No wind, barn doors and windows were closed, no movement, I was sitting still and the barn cat was laying by my feet, and the boards had been untouched for a week.

Common sense tells me the board must have been right at the tipping point and expansion of the barn wall from heat moved it enough to tip, that's really the best I can come up with. Or a spirit, of who or what I don't know. Kind of neat to be sitting right there and witness an odd occurrence.

Paranormal or ?
Could have been a mouse nudged it then ran off?

Could have been a mouse nudged it then ran off?
No way, I have very effective barn cats, I haven't seen a mouse in the barn in years.

I think what made it strange was because of who I was speaking to on the phone. He was my best buddy as teens but then we lost touch after graduation, didn't speak for close to forty years. This was our second time speaking and we were discussing our parents and the good and bad influences they had on our young lives and BANG the boards falls over. I think one of our dads was pissed! (not really, I don't much believe in that stuff, but it's fun to imagine)

I like things like this. It’s like the deck of cards that were sitting on top of a giant Cribbage board hanging on the wall. Aunt Mavis says that we should start playing Cribbage again. The next morning the cards that had been sitting up there for years were on the floor!! Yikes!!

No way, I have very effective barn cats, I haven't seen a mouse in the barn in years.

I think what made it strange was because of who I was speaking to on the phone. He was my best buddy as teens but then we lost touch after graduation, didn't speak for close to forty years. This was our second time speaking and we were discussing our parents and the good and bad influences they had on our young lives and BANG the boards falls over. I think one of our dads was pissed! (not really, I don't much believe in that stuff, but it's fun to imagine)
Well, I believe in spirits and think that many are around us everyday in good times and in bad. To me, it’s more than coincidence

Intriguing incident, C50. How would you estimate the lean of the board (degrees off vertical)?
20240418_103814.jpg
This is how the boards are. The front(left) board was the only one to fall over, all I did was stand it back up how it was. The rear board hasn't been moved.

Back