Take care with those tornadoes folks!!

We had this front to pass through here yesterday, many tornado warnings, severe winds and flash flood warnings...schools let out early, it was scary....it seems to me that these storms are getting more and more intense, the lightning is ear splitting loud and you can see it hitting the ground all around, winds blowing so hard the rain and dupree blowing horizontally, and power was out for 4 hours.

The last I saw, last night, on Ryan Hall's you tube channel was over 90 warnings and 29 confirmed on the ground. 1 in Iowa, he had never seen rotation that big before. 2 tornadoes had multiple vortexes.
Today might be a repeat. Let's hope not.

I saw some of the footage from Nebraska online today. They have such big homes on huge lots, but the weather is something to contend with, for sure.

All city dwellers should get a chance to visit the "flyover" states. They would be amazed with how much property so many people own there. Just have to keep it safe from wind, hail, tornados, and floods.

Yesterday, the day of the tornadoes, I drove from my south central Nebraska home to Lincoln 90 miles east of here. I had some business there. I got home safely but experienced the kind of weather that creates tornadoes. Gray, black and greenish clouds, powerful gusting winds, heavy rain, some light hail and distant thunder and lightning. My phone's alarm kept telling me to seek shelter immediately. It wasn't 'till I got home that I learned that multiple tornadoes had formed in eastern Nebraska and devastated many peoples' homes. I had a fair amount of anxiety during that drive. Which BTW was to pick up a package of live honeybees.......I had several thousand bees in a box in my car. They're now happily familiarizing themselves with their new hive and neighborhood.

Good morning folks.....well made it thru another rainy, windy
nite....guess it has not stopped raining, will see if I lost any
big limbs in all that mess last eve...no big plans yet, still on
first cuppa.....take care all......;):coffee:

Back