The General Humor Thread

Some say that children keep you young, But what occurred today is absolutely mind-baffling!

I, being the dutiful father, took my sons to their eye appointment; they are old enough to go themselves, but due to their eyes needing to be dilated, someone has to be along.

P8240296.JPG

Returning home on the bus, one of the other passengers inquired if these two [pictured] were high school students. The one on the left is my 21-year-old; and as for the other "high schooler"? I'm uneagerly awaiting my 50-year class reunion this year.

Concert Humor #3 Peter, Paul, and Mary
PPM.jpg
I saw them in concert in Syracuse, NY, at the Landmark Theater. They just finished singing Yuppies in the Sky, and Mary told a story about what happened when they sang that song a few nights earlier at another concert. There's one re-ocurring line in the song "Condos for sale". They had just finished the song, when a woman came running up to the stage yelling, "What's wrong with you people singing words like that?" Mary said that she asked her, "What words?" The woman said, You know! Condoms for sale!"
Mary told the woman, "It's not condoms for sale! It's Condos for sale! Condos! Condos!" The woman said, "Oh." She went back to her seat. Probably feeling totally embarrassed.

7234255797c178924985188a1860637e.gif

Concert Humor #4 Don McLean
McL.jpg
I saw him in the 1980's at the Sate Fair in New York. All the seats were occupied, but there were about a hundred people or so, just milling around the concert area. I knew what they were waiting for. They didn't want to stay for all of Don McLean's concert. They were waiting for just one particular song. Don knew which one they wanted to hear. We all did. He sang Vincent, and some of the other songs on his first couple of albums. He was going to make them wait until near the end of his set. Finally he began to sing: A long, long time ago, I can still remember how that music, used to make me smile.... Then all of them came running over.

Concert Humor #5 Tommy James and the Shondells
TJ.jpg
I was sitting in the front row. Two seats to my right, was a blonde haired woman. She was screaming all through his songs. My ears were ringing. I was wondering if all of her racket was bothering the band. Suddenly Tommy James jumped off the stage and started shaking hands with people 3 or 4 seats to my left. He shook my hand and said, "How's it going?" I said, "Fine." While he was shaking hands with the man on my right, Blondie was jumping up and down, anticipating a Tommy James greeting. But he turned his back on her, and went back on stage. She was stunned. She sat back down and we never heard another peep out of her. I always wanted to thank Tommy James for saving my hearing.

Back