The Splenda/diabetes lawsuit

Myra

“I truly believe that the entire medical establishment, including the ADA, wants to keep diabetics diabetic in order to continue to reap the [revenue] paid for prescriptions every year.”

This statement comes from a story in The Guardian about a woman being sued because refuses to endorse recipes made with Splenda.

It talks about Splenda paying the ADA so they're holding hands to keep us sick. It's shameful.
Splenda Diabetes lawsuit

According to the lawsuit they have went through many employees all for the same reasons. It’s really awful that the diabetes association would take orders from Splenda.
There was another article on there about diabetes and the ADA as well. Interesting reading.

“I truly believe that the entire medical establishment, including the ADA, wants to keep diabetics diabetic in order to continue to reap the [revenue] paid for prescriptions every year.”

This statement comes from a story in The Guardian about a woman being sued because refuses to endorse recipes made with Splenda.

It talks about Splenda paying the ADA so they're holding hands to keep us sick. It's shameful.
Splenda Diabetes lawsuit
When I got accepted into the dietitian course at Ryerson universal , I dropped out due to that fact that the entire course was sponsored by the phama plus and the biggest food manufacturers. It was so discouraging.

I can imagine. For those of us struggling with the threat of diabetes this is so disheartening.
It’s disheartening for everyone. Get sick and end up in hospital eating food a dietitian made up for you. Her degree completely influenced by mega food corporations. Pushing out foods that aren’t nutritious, they just make the most profits. Hospital foods are the worst …. everyone knows that but why is that. Dietitians everywhere have been bought and brain washed into thinking they’re doing good.

First, this article quoted from Hanna's lawsuit for unlawful termination of employment. That is her side of the lawsuit. I don't think the ADA asking her to create recipes with a nationally recognized, and used product is an insidious plot to foist poisonous ingredients onto ADA members.
If Hanna wants to wage a war against Splenda, that's her option. But if her employer tells her to use Splenda, a sugar substitute, as an ingredient, and she refuses, that is grounds for dismissal. She was not hired to be the Splenda police, she was hired to create tasty recipes.

As a kid, my parents had a friend who was diabetic which I didn't know at first. She would make pies without sugar & she didn't use any artificial sweeteners (70s/80s). Now I wish I would have asked her why, but I wonder if it was because she felt it was better to do without sugar that to use anything artificial.

Type 2 diabetes and the dire threat of it opened the Medicare checkbook for pharma as well as docs. Too quick to diagnose, too quick to medicate.
Something I find odd is they get on these kicks it seems. For a while everyone had sleep apnea and needed CPAP therapy, then everyone had high cholesterol and needed statins. Now, everyone is prediabetic and needs to be placed on Metformin. It seems suspicious to me.

Something I find odd is they get on these kicks it seems. For a while everyone had sleep apnea and needed CPAP therapy, then everyone had high cholesterol and needed statins. Now, everyone is prediabetic and needs to be placed on Metformin. It seems suspicious to me.
Me, too, but I’m known to be a little paranoid. 😌 If Medicare covers it, there seems to be a lot of it suddenly.

Back