Thought provoking conundrum

"This troubled planet is a place of the most violent contrasts. Those that receive the rewards are totally separated from those who shoulder the burdens. It is not a wise leadership."
~~from “The Cloud Minders” episode of Star Trek TV series, 2/28/1969, written by Margaret Armen (said by Spock played by Leonard Nimoy)

you-will-continue-to-interpret-vague-statements-as-uniquely-meaningful-21862825.png

Contrary to popular perception, class does not make people smarter; it produces a small group of people who are deluded about the sources of their good fortune and a large group of people who are deceived about the sources of their misfortune.
~~from The 9.9 Percent: The New Aristocracy That Is Entrenching Inequality and Warping Our Culture by Matthew Stewart

Reminds me of something that happened to me a few years ago: went out to lunch with some friends to a Chinese restaurant and when we opened up our fortune cookies, they all got these fortunes with these inspiring type messages ("You will do well in everything you try" yada yada); what'd I get? "Learn to speak Chinese." :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: (Which although that wasn't exactly inspiring, maybe it was good advice, maybe there's a trip in my future, hmmm? :ROFLMAO:

We often forget that Christianity began as a revolutionary movement of the powerless facing down the cold fury of the Roman Empire. It was a movement of the poor and dispossessed finally rising up. Christians waged a spiritual war for centuries with God's love as their only weapon. It was a faith built to defy an empire, and it was persecuted with barbarity. People were crucified and burned alive for holding fast to the love and mercy of Christ's gospel. So is this not a miracle we're seeing? People demanding their safety and dignity and value on a global scale? Is this not how God works? Forget about mysterious ways--His hand moves through us with galvanic purpose that only the truly blind cannot see.
~~from The Deluge by Stephen Markley

It’s always like this. The world just goes on, and everybody’s so busy, doing things together, and I’m always the one that’s alone on the outside, wondering about it. I can’t ever get in, and I can’t do anything to get included.
~~from Blood Money by Thomas Perry

Contrary to popular perception, class does not make people smarter; it produces a small group of people who are deluded about the sources of their good fortune and a large group of people who are deceived about the sources of their misfortune.
~~from The 9.9 Percent: The New Aristocracy That Is Entrenching Inequality and Warping Our Culture by Matthew Stewart
Reminds me of the line about the guy born on third base who thought he had hit a triple.

Back