Today has turned into pain day,

hawkdon

durn it......for some reason (age?) my hip bursa is cranked up to
a level 10 ......so I'm sitting here with a heat pad on each hip
trying for some relief also took a heavy duty pain pill....lawn guy
got here finally and lawn looks good now...ready for severe storms, which
are close by.....supposed to be crazy weather for next 3 or 4 days....
Catch u later !!!;)🥴

Catch u later !!!;)🥴
Just take it easy for a few days. It sounds as if you're body is in need of it.

I've had Sciatica issues in my left hip and knee for the past few years. Drugs were of little or no help. Then I bought one of these "BeActive" leg braces, and it helped quite a bit..,..I bought several more. Now, these things have gone way up in price, compared to what I paid, but still cheaper, and more effective than any drugs I tried, Now if I plan any yardwork, etc., I put one on, and have minimal pain during and after.

https://www.amazon.com/BEACTIVE-Plus-Acupressure-System/dp/B0BWP91VJZ?th=1

Last edited:
my hip bursa is cranked up to a level 10 ......so I'm sitting here with a heat pad on each hip
Heat increases inflammation and is stimulating to the nerves, therefore increasing their pain.
Cold decreases inflammation, is calming to the nerves, and drives the blood deep in the tissues for healing.
Heat and cold have opposing effects on injuries. Thus it is best to always use cold, and never use heat on an injury.

The modality for doing this is called M.I.C.E, i.e. movement, ice, compression elevation. I have used this
modality numerous times over the last fifty plus years, including healing a foot that had three fractured
metatarsal bones, plus ankle sprains, wrist and elbow injuries, and knee pain from running on crowned roads.

Icing to calm the painful areas, alternating with gentle movement, then periodically repeating should be helpful.

Catch u later !!!;)🥴
I'm so sorry you're having so much pain, Don. I hope you can get some relief!
Be careful in the storms, my friend. 🌹

In my case at least, I think so. We are having the coldest spring I can remember. I had a hot cocoa today I was so cold and my knee kissed by OA felt stiff and cranky so I won't ask it to do much. I will fantasize, visualize warmer temps and know I will feel better. Hope everyone else does too.

View attachment 342779
Feel better, @chic! 🌹
It's cold here too, ugh.

Hawkdon,
I'm pretty sure I can help you. About 8 years ago my wife suddenly had a sharp pain in each cheek when she sat down. Long story short, she has Ischial Bursitis, and there is no sure cure. Believe me, her inability to sit for over 20 minutes was affecting our lives.

I got a brainstorm one day and picked up a 2 inch thick foam pad. Then I placed it on her backside and marked where the two sore spots would hit if she were sitting on it. I then drew a 5 inch circle around each mark, and cut out the foam. IT WORKED !!!

She made a cloth cover for it, and I made a second one. She carries one with her whenever we go out where she will be sitting for any length of time, which is mostly to eat.

Okay, FINALLY a company started making pads for this, looking just like I made but much nicer and sturdier. We bought two off Ebay and have one in each vehicle. They are a Godsend!

One word of note...there might be a few sellers on Ebay selling the identical cushion. but the prices vary from $50 or so to $200.

Also note, after using the cushions the last several years, her pains have lessened a lot.

hawkdon I dont know if you have heard or tried Bowen Therapy, that is very good for all sorts of pain,and there are quite a few Bowen Practicioners all over America, and England our son is a Bowen Practicioner and Teacher here. and is actually teaching Nurses,If you google it you will see what it is all about,It is very relaxing and not painful like other modalities.

Back