Two Oklahoma Mothers Missing For Six Days. Now Police Suspect Foul Play

I've been checking for updates every so often & I found this one that popped up on my search that is 2 days old.

The video has more information that starts around 2:30 minutes into it about the father who is in prison & about his mom & dad. It's worth the time to watch it & hear about that part of the family. After watching, I feel that the chances of the two ladies being found ok will not happen.

MSN

Last edited:
Sad update on the missing ladies. Two unidentified bodies have been located & 4 individuals have been arrested in this case. One of the arrests is of the Grandmother who apparently had custody of the children. The father had been in prison for possession of a firearm after a felony conviction. From what I could find on the net, it looks like he was released on or around March 27th. At this time, he was not one of the four arrested.

Link #1 from 2 days ago: Four arrested, suspected of murder after Kansas women missing in Oklahoma's Texas County

Link #2 from yesterday & updated today: Two bodies found in search for missing Kansas women in Oklahoma, OSBI reports

Link #3 from today with the book-in photos of the suspects: Recovered Oklahoma bodies yet to be identified: Police

@Lilac The latest that I saw is that the bodies are theirs. The daughter of one of those arrested came forward and said she had heard them talking about the "mission". Apparently the plan to kill the mother of the children was months in the making. The first method was to throw an anvil through the car window. WTF is WRONG with those people!!?

I feel so sorry for those poor children, who will likely have to go into an orphanage. I also feel for her friend's husband, their families and friends. This was a horrible crime committed by horrible, evil people. I hope they spend the rest of their miserable lives in prison.
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/video/new-details-murder-2-kansas-moms-109297608

@OneEyedDiva I feel so bad for the children, too. The kid's mother has family, so I'm hoping one of them will be given at least temp custody.
The other lady, who was there because of court ordered supervision for visitations, was a wife & mother of four. So many lives have been ruined.

Apparently the Dad was still in jail at the time the women disappeared. So that would account for him not being one of the four arrested the other day. After reading various articles, he deserves to be charged along with the others & I hope he is. He knew about what was going to happen.

I can't imagine the hatred these people had for one woman. They were willing to do anything, including killing anyone they thought would advance their agenda & get what they wanted. The affidavit mentioned they were watching the judge & knew what route he walked to work.

IMO, this is evil in it's purest form.

From a Cop’s POV: The lady who was going to pick up her children did the right thing. It’s always recommended that when a woman is going to pick up or drop off their children during a divorce or custody battle, they take along a ride along. With having a ride along, it’s less likely that the mother of the children will face harm. In this case, it appears that protocol didn’t work.

This case is not rare or unusual. I have read of many cases where a child custody battle has led to a murder. I was involved in a couple cases that were similar, but only one ended in murder. A husband hired a hit man to kill his wife, which happened the day before the custody hearing. When she didn’t show, the father mistakenly thought the judge would award him full custody by the mother’s default of not showing. He thought wrong. The judge in this case ordered police to do a wellness check.

When she couldn’t be found or located, the judge put the case on hold and the mother’s sister and brother-in-law were named as interim foster parents. The case was then turned over to the State Police Investigation Team for follow-up. I was still a uniformed Trooper, but because we were low on manpower in that area, I was asked to aid in the investigation, which I gladly accepted. After conducting several interviews, I had a conversation with the lead Investigator and told him that I thought the husband had hired someone to kill his wife.

The lead Investigator told me that I either had to find the body, the suspect or some forensics that pointed to the husband. The family of the mother posted a $10,000 reward and Crime Stoppers also posted another $10,000 reward. We received an anonymous phone call from the shooter’s girlfriend telling the person who took the call that her boyfriend was the shooter. The person who took the call told the caller she needed her name if she was wanting to receive the reward. We always guarantee confidentiality.

After we compared cellphone numbers, it was obvious that the husband and the killer had numerous calls up to the day when the wife was killed. With that information, we were able to obtain a search warrant for both the shooter’s and husband’s home and car. In the shooter’s home, we found scraps of paper with the wife’s name and the husband’s phone number. We also found the gun used in the killing in the shooter’s car. That was another for an arrest.

It didn’t take long to get a confession from the shooter and just like most of these scumbags, he gave up the plan pretty quickly naming the husband that hired and paid him. I think he was paid $15,000 for the hit. We wired him up and sent him to meet with the husband to collect his money. The husband told the shooter he wouldn’t be able to give him all the money, but would hand him $2000 until he got the wife’s insurance money. Once the money exchanged hands, we arrested him.

The shooter was charged with malice murder, first degree murder, murder for hire, trespassing and illegal use if a firearm as a prior felon. He cut a deal with the prosecutor to testify and was given 15 years to life, plus a $25,000 fine. The husband pled guilty and got life w/o parole. There is no parole in PA when a person is convicted of a Class A felony. The shooter “may” get a shot at parole after serving his 15 years. If the family protests his being paroled, the Parole Board will usually abide by their wishes. After his parole is rejected, he will most likely have to wait 5 years before applying again. However, the Parole Board could go down to 2 years, but doubtful.

From a Cop’s POV: The lady who was going to pick up her children did the right thing. It’s always recommended that when a woman is going to pick up or drop off their children during a divorce or custody battle, they take along a ride along. With having a ride along, it’s less likely that the mother of the children will face harm. In this case, it appears that protocol didn’t work.

This case is not rare or unusual. I have read of many cases where a child custody battle has led to a murder. I was involved in a couple cases that were similar, but only one ended in murder. A husband hired a hit man to kill his wife, which happened the day before the custody hearing. When she didn’t show, the father mistakenly thought the judge would award him full custody by the mother’s default of not showing. He thought wrong. The judge in this case ordered police to do a wellness check.

When she couldn’t be found or located, the judge put the case on hold and the mother’s sister and brother-in-law were named as interim foster parents. The case was then turned over to the State Police Investigation Team for follow-up. I was still a uniformed Trooper, but because we were low on manpower in that area, I was asked to aid in the investigation, which I gladly accepted. After conducting several interviews, I had a conversation with the lead Investigator and told him that I thought the husband had hired someone to kill his wife.

The lead Investigator told me that I either had to find the body, the suspect or some forensics that pointed to the husband. The family of the mother posted a $10,000 reward and Crime Stoppers also posted another $10,000 reward. We received an anonymous phone call from the shooter’s girlfriend telling the person who took the call that her boyfriend was the shooter. The person who took the call told the caller she needed her name if she was wanting to receive the reward. We always guarantee confidentiality.

After we compared cellphone numbers, it was obvious that the husband and the killer had numerous calls up to the day when the wife was killed. With that information, we were able to obtain a search warrant for both the shooter’s and husband’s home and car. In the shooter’s home, we found scraps of paper with the wife’s name and the husband’s phone number. We also found the gun used in the killing in the shooter’s car. That was another for an arrest.

It didn’t take long to get a confession from the shooter and just like most of these scumbags, he gave up the plan pretty quickly naming the husband that hired and paid him. I think he was paid $15,000 for the hit. We wired him up and sent him to meet with the husband to collect his money. The husband told the shooter he wouldn’t be able to give him all the money, but would hand him $2000 until he got the wife’s insurance money. Once the money exchanged hands, we arrested him.

The shooter was charged with malice murder, first degree murder, murder for hire, trespassing and illegal use if a firearm as a prior felon. He cut a deal with the prosecutor to testify and was given 15 years to life, plus a $25,000 fine. The husband pled guilty and got life w/o parole. There is no parole in PA when a person is convicted of a Class A felony. The shooter “may” get a shot at parole after serving his 15 years. If the family protests his being paroled, the Parole Board will usually abide by their wishes. After his parole is rejected, he will most likely have to wait 5 years before applying again. However, the Parole Board could go down to 2 years, but doubtful.
I have found the cases that you share with us to be so interesting, though some are tragic.

911, was there any element in the case that would trigger/violate the U.S. Code Murder for hire statute?
I am not completely sure I understand your question, but he was charged with murder for hire. The defense objected to the charge, but the judge overruled the objection because the shooter was brought in from out of state. Had the defense continued their objection, the Feds said they would pursue additional charges. When a shooter is brought in from another state or as the Feds stated “travel inter state” that can affect the charges, not to mention that the Fed could also take the shooter into Federal court and seek the death penalty.

(And BTW, how does that affect the charges? Nobody explained that.)

Sometimes, these legal challenges confuse me. While sitting there and listening to both sides, I am thinking, if the state gets a suitable verdict and those involved are sentenced accordingly, why would the Feds want to continue the case to a higher court? The family was satisfied with the outcome.

Why is everything made to be so complicated? I guess this is what lawyers get paid for.

I apologize for going away from your story, but just to show you how crazy people are here’s a story that should make you shake your head. I was traveling from Scranton to Wilkes-Barre, PA. I saw 2 local policemen standing beside their cars waving me down. When I pulled up to where the 2 cops were, I saw 2 civilians laying on the ground. When I got out of my SUV, the cops told me they were dead and waiting for the coroner. There was also another dead man inside the house from where the 2 other bodies were laying.

The one cop did most of the talking. He said the dead couple on the ground and the dead man inside never got along. The dead couple was outside shoveling out their car and throwing the snow onto the other man’s property. We just had a 20” snowfall. The other dead man asked the couple not to throw the snow on his property, but they ignored him, called him names and kept doing what they were.

Finally, he had enough of being called vile names and given the finger. He went inside his house, grabbed his 9mm, came back outside and shot them both with 1 shot to the chest. As we approached his house, we heard one more shot. That was the shot that ended his life.

Every man has his limits.

I am not completely sure I understand your question, but he was charged with murder for hire. The defense objected to the charge, but the judge overruled the objection because the shooter was brought in from out of state. Had the defense continued their objection, the Feds said they would pursue additional charges. When a shooter is brought in from another state or as the Feds stated “travel inter state” that can affect the charges, not to mention that the Fed could also take the shooter into Federal court and seek the death penalty.
The shooter was brought in from out of state, that answers my question right there about the federal jurisdiction question.

Back