US Birth Rates Plummet To 40-Year Low

Like all first world nations, we are losing population. That's going to hurt our economy. Economic activity is linked to population size. The more people, the more people who want goods and services.
We are running out of people, who are working to keep our society operating.
The global population has grown from 1 billion in 1800 to 7.9 billion in 2020. The UN projected population to keep growing, and estimates have put the total population at 8.6 billion by mid-2030, 9.8 billion by mid-2050 and 11.2 billion by 2100. See Wikipedia.
Since the Death of Roe, more and more YOUNG people have opted for Permanent Sterilization. Sickening that they feel forced to take this step. Tubal ligations are through the roof while more & more men are opting for vasectomy.
Sickening is not a word that I would choose to describe birth control. Based on the 2001 Census, an estimate of 44 in every 10,000 children were in care in 2001. Today, that figure is 71 in every 10,000. Now that is what I would describe as sickening.

The global population has grown from 1 billion in 1800 to 7.9 billion in 2020. The UN projected population to keep growing, and estimates have put the total population at 8.6 billion by mid-2030, 9.8 billion by mid-2050 and 11.2 billion by 2100. See Wikipedia.

Sickening is not a word that I would choose to describe birth control. Based on the 2001 Census, an estimate of 44 in every 10,000 children were in care in 2001. Today, that figure is 71 in every 10,000. Now that is what I would describe as sickening.
I hope that the care is top quality otherwise we are just compounding and compounding the problems - not only with a smaller workforce but one that is also mentally afflicted?

Couple's are thinking twice. They are fearing for their baby's future. The world is changing fast. It's a combination of things like violent unconstitutional takeovers of Universities by Hamas followers, increase in terrorism, feeding children's minds propaganda on social media like TikTok owned by our enemy.

Scamming children online, online bully's causing a rise in suicides of teens, invasion of unchecked immigration at open borders, rise in forced child prostitution at the border and a high increase of Fentanyl deaths in teens. Lack of privacy and safety as technology follows and logs all of their activity including where they are at all times via their iphones.

Lack of police in cities and decline in healthcare. Violent movies, and violent video games. Children with iphones, computers etc are being followed. The economy. Home loans are 7%...an all time high. Can't even afford a house now. Hatred, AI.

The results of shutting the schools down during covid creating under educated children that may never catch up. Removing good books about our history etc from classrooms and replacing with bad ones like changing your gender without notifying parents and so on, and so on.

I'm sorry for this downer post but it's the reality of why couples are thinking twice about having children.

Last edited:
The world and its peoples think it is getting smarter ?? - happier - not necessarily - as a child growing up in a large UK city and at the age of 8 I could wonder all around the inner city and outer city on foot all day long no problems - drank out of water fountains etc and ate a sandwich or two. This same city had its council control revoked for 5 yrs and only recently restored

- I am astounded - progress ya gotta be joking. The world is starving in places and most of us ignore it - we think we are smarter with computer and AI some say dumber or dumbed down. Isn't the world run by the very rich who wanna stay rich and keep the rest of us just bubbling along with our games and tv's and alcohol?

The need for two full-time incomes in order to live decently, and the cost of daycare, combine to create huge disincentives to have children. We need a return to the three generation family, so grandpa and grandma can help out with the kids. Or cheaper houses. Or cheaper daycare. Probably at least two of the previous three mentioned.

Last edited:
Sounds more like heads firmly in the sand and a lot of hand waving magical thinking to me. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Many grandmas and grandpas are already helping out with the kids, at least in my family. Cheaper houses? Uh, tarpaper shacks or what? Cheaper daycare? Are you going to cut employee compensation or push to limit investor-driven aggregation and profit-taking?

TANSTAAFL!

I'd argue the point but you speak the truth about people wanting the good life - and not wanting to pay taxes to support the cost of raising children.
When ya think about it, why should taxpayers support the cost of raising children ? IMO, if a couple chooses to have children , then they should , and only they should pay to raise them.

Just on school tax alone , my prop-tax would drop near $2000 p/year if I did not have that included in my tax. I never had any children , again, why should I be paying for others ? Answer , because so many people just do not want to take responsibility for their choices/actions . Instead, they will do their level best to make someone else pay for them.

When ya think about it, why should taxpayers support the cost of raising children ? IMO, if a couple chooses to have children , then they should , and only they should pay to raise them.

Just on school tax alone , my prop-tax would drop near $2000 p/year if I did not have that included in my tax. I never had any children , again, why should I be paying for others ? Answer , because so many people just do not want to take responsibility for their choices/actions . Instead, they will do their level best to make someone else pay for them.
Who paid for your schooling? I'm sure many did who did not have children. School is societal responsibility. What a scrooge. Now you'll start yelling I'm insulting you. Go ahead.

the continuous development and growth of any given society is dependant on the production of children - approx 2 per family minimum - otherwise no future workforce ; no assistance for health care systems for the elderly - unless paid for and imported from abroad - the end result the collapse of any given society - simple mathematics not rocket science!

The need for two full-time incomes in order to live decently, and the cost of daycare, combine to create huge disincentives to have children. We need a return to the three generation family, so grandpa and grandma can help out with the kids. Or cheaper houses. Or cheaper daycare. Or least two of the previous three mentioned.

Describe 'decently' . Decently does not mean a 3000sq/ft house , with multiple lg.screen tv's through out , a smart phone for every family member, a $75000 SUV in the driveway, [+a second vehicle] , decently doesn't mean a week at Disney-World ea/yr , or a Caribbean cruise every few years .

I know I sound like a preacher but ... people really do need to learn to live within their means. Not on credit. One parent working [IMO the dad] and a stay at home mother to actually [mother] over the children. Live the best they can on dad's income, and stop dreaming about the over-the-top way of life depicted on tv/in the movies.

I know I have mentioned it before but ... a local jewelry store advertises special financing on used Rolex watches. A mortgage on a used watch !! That is ridiculous . What ever happened to the days when [Timex takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin] for about six bucks ?

Who paid for your schooling? I'm sure many did who did not have children. School is societal responsibility. What a scrooge. Now you'll start yelling I'm insulting you. Go ahead.
You're not insulting me . You have every right to your opinion. But in my opinion you're just wrong. School is not a societal responsibility it is indeed a parental responsibility . Come to think about it .... Scrooge ? I'll wear that proudly.

I guess the population consists of the Private Jetter's, the Private Islanders, the Penthouse Billionaires, the Multimillionaire Homes owners, Yes more than 3, Investment LLP's and multistory apartments, the Burrows Cookie Cutters, the 4 in one Condos in 100-acre fields, the Rural Farmers and business owners, Hobo Camps, the Tents & Homeless. Oh, and Government employees. The Jobs fall mostly within all of that stuff back there.

Maybe many young just don't have time for raising the kids until middle aged and adopt broken families. With the introduction of Ai, Robotic labored and education additions the earth is only gonna need maybe 500,000,000 people. Maybe 2.5 million per Country, roughly 50,000 per USA state, but realistically West Coastal 1/2 mil, 1/2 mil for the East Coastal, 1/2 mil for the south, 1/2 mil for the middle, 25,000 for Alaska, 200,000 for Hawaii and the rest scattered in the New England areas. So long buster may be the slogan.

They are a gonna want to be out flying their cars, riding their 4X4's and Jet Boating. Ya see just no time for everyday life, it's all in the clouds.
So, you see the future has nothing to do with a population explosion. Most likely an implosion. The Ladies standing tall and the men in Swashbucklers, toasting the future and stuff at closing time. Everyone's a poet and writing music.

Last edited:
Describe 'decently' . Decently does not mean a 3000sq/ft house , with multiple lg.screen tv's through out , a smart phone for every family member, a $75000 SUV in the driveway, [+a second vehicle] , decently doesn't mean a week at Disney-World ea/yr , or a Caribbean cruise every few years .
Hmmm…. Here’s a rough idea of ‘decently’ based upon younger people I know.

Most of the young couples I know would love to be able to buy a 1500 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath home on a small lot. Often they will rent a small ordinary apartment for years to help save up the money for the down payment. They would settle for a reliable used car if they could find one. And they usually go camping for vacation at a national or state park.

So that’s my definition of a descent life style. Granted there’s a lot of give and take in that. New Yorkers probably have a different definition of ‘descent’ than somebody living in Tumbleweed, Kansas.

So doctors, dentists, scientists and engineers will learn their trades from the schools of their respective Moms & Dads? Now there's an interesting concept.
Well, I never said any of that. What I said was, what ever the education .... IMO the parents should pay for it too a point ...... then IMO the student themselves should pay as well. Student loans should be only granted by private banks ... just like an auto loan, boat loan, whatever ..... Not from the Fed , supported by taxpayers ..... and then forgiven .

I usually leave it to the good politicians that I have voted into power to make all of these decisions about what govts will pay out for various services and what they consider I should pay out to service myself??

There seems to be a rip off of Seniors who are in the needing care, but also to die in a extended time frame right now.
You know the visitors just sit around talking a lot.

The need for two full-time incomes in order to live decently, and the cost of daycare, combine to create huge disincentives to have children. We need a return to the three generation family, so grandpa and grandma can help out with the kids. Or cheaper houses. Or cheaper daycare. Probably at least two of the previous three mentioned.
Mine is a four generation family, mainly because for decades we all have been able to afford to buy a house in Sydney, not too far apart. This is changing now. My only married grandchild is planning to move to Tasmania with her husband and two little children for economic reasons. My daughter, who is a wonderful grandmother, is feeling this very much.

They are not being reckless. They plan to rent their (mortgaged) cottage in the outer suburbs while they look around in Tassie. Once they sell it, they will never be able to afford to come back because of the high price of real estate in the city.

If people really start living a thousand years (I think in the news a few years ago it said that probably people being born now have a good chance of benefiting from health advances and living up to maybe a thousand years), plus AI starts doing a lot of the jobs that previously needed people to do them, everything might balance out. I wonder how people living a thousand years would affect the population numbers.

I usually leave it to the good politicians that I have voted into power to make all of these decisions about what govts will pay out for various services and what they consider I should pay out to service myself??
That is an ideal.

Back