Were you ever Chaperoned?

timoc

I'll bet that some of the beautiful girls here have been chaperoned at some time, and may still be, were you ever chaperoned? 😊

I wasn't but my wife was right up until the day we were married. My mother in law didn't sit on the porch with us, but had the lights on & peeked out every once in awhile. Going anywhere meant MIL, adult cousin, aunt always went along. We did manage to kiss & dance close. At the time I thought it was a pain in the a$$, but later understood the reason behind it.

As my patriotic duty when I was a kid I was encouraged to attend dances arranged by the USO, I believe it was. Chaperones on six-inch centers. It was a very pleasant formal social event for everyone I believe.

I know that some of you will be shaking your heads and thinking, there is no way that Timmy, can remember being 17, well I can, sort of, well maybe, vaguely.
Anyway, when I was a pimply 17 year old, I knew this girl who was 16, she was gorgeous, but her younger brother, probably under instruction from his Mam, used to always position himself between me and his sister.
If there had been a cliff nearby, I'd of been tempted to lob him off it, but he stuck to his task, and my friendship with his sister sort of waned away.
I met Heather many years later and we laughed at how we were kept apart, and how her brother got a girl pregnant and the girl's father forced them to marry. Where was his chaperone?

Earlier today, the lovely lady over the road told me that she too was chaperoned by her Auntie Meg, and used to devise crafty ways of escaping from her. 😊

When my regular date used to pull up outside my parent's house you could bet that the front light porch would be switched on within 10 minutes of us parking. That got a bit pathetic all the time, so he'd park down the street, so they didn't know we were there. What's wrong with fogged up windows????

U got to be shitting me! LOL Honestly though, I did avoid Catholic girls. Haha; Sure, the limited maintenance road near the girl's homes were great goodnight place I took our double dates to before dropping them off at their farm home at. Uh Huh those girls married farmer guys.

Last edited:

Back