What are you cooking or baking today?

Made a big pot of vegetable soup for DH. I alway freeze some for later. Cheated today. Instead of chopping all the veggies myself, I used a full bag of frozen Green Giant Asian-style vegetables. I’d bought it for DH while I was away and he didn’t use it. I suspect he had a few meals out while I was gone for a week.

I haven't really cooked in weeks but I managed to make a large batch of deviled eggs which go over big around here. Also have pimento cheese spread and tortilla rounds. I should probably go easy on the salt but it feels like something spectacular.
Pimento cheese spread, is it really as good as everyone says? I've seen it made on the Food Network, but never actually have eaten it.
Although, my mother used to buy some kind of cheese ( pimento?) spread in those little 4 oz glass jars at the store that we then spread on to our celery. Probably not the same, huh?

Pimento cheese spread, is it really as good as everyone says? I've seen it made on the Food Network, but never actually have eaten it.
Although, my mother used to buy some kind of cheese ( pimento?) spread in those little 4 oz glass jars at the store that we then spread on to our celery. Probably not the same, huh?
My grandmother on my father's side bought those!!! I remember liking them a lot when I was a kid! Haven't thought about them in I don't know how many decades. Thanks for bringing me a smile and reminder of a happy memory.

Last edited:
Al's Pimento Cheese

1 lb Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb Monterey Jack, shredded
8 oz. Cream cheese
3 oz. Cream cheese
4- 4 oz. jars of pimento
Sprinkle or so of sugar
White pepper to taste
Mayo to consistency.

This is a secret recipe so keep it to yourself, OK?

Al's Pimento Cheese

1 lb Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb Monterey Jack, shredded
8 oz. Cream cheese
3 oz. Cream cheese
4- 4 oz. jars of pimento
Sprinkle or so of sugar
White pepper to taste
Mayo to consistency.

This is a secret recipe so keep it to yourself, OK?
Wow..all that cream cheese! I think I better wait till after my heart procedure. lol

Thank you.

The other day I made a recipe from a video I found on Pinterest & it turned out good that's low carb. I'll be making it again.

Preheat oven to 400* F. Lightly grease the cups of a cupcake pan. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar in each cup. Top with a dill pickle slice that's been patted dry. Sprinkle more shredded cheddar on top. Sprinkle bacon bits over the cheese.

Bake in oven until melted & lightly browned. My oven took 6 to 8 minutes, but keep an eye on them since oven times vary. Remove & let cool for a few minutes until they set.

I served them with ranch dressing. I think you could use any shredded cheese with similar texture like cheddar or put something else in instead of pickles, but I like dill pickles.

The other day I made a recipe from a video I found on Pinterest & it turned out good that's low carb. I'll be making it again.

Preheat oven to 400* F. Lightly grease the cups of a cupcake pan. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar in each cup. Top with a dill pickle slice that's been patted dry. Sprinkle more shredded cheddar on top. Sprinkle bacon bits over the cheese.

Bake in oven until melted & lightly browned. My oven took 6 to 8 minutes, but keep an eye on them since oven times vary. Remove & let cool for a few minutes until they set.

I served them with ranch dressing. I think you could use any shredded cheese with similar texture like cheddar or put something else in instead of pickles, but I like dill pickles.
I do something like this with zucchini rounds and parmesan cheese. Just flat on the baking sheet w/parchment paper underneath. Bake and dip.

Back