What have you bought recently?

I looked at Temu many times since you had started using them. They do have some good pricing, and unusual items. We had been talking about credit cards earlier. I had read that Temu was a Chinese company owned them and there had been problems with financial information for customers.

Now, I don't know if that is true. I don't believe everything on the internet. I also do not have a problem with the people of China. It is the corporate machine there that gives me worry. Even though I would like to try it, I just don't want them to have my credit card number.
I hear that rumour all the time about them supposedly harvesting credit card info... I have never known anyone that it's happened to.. and never read in the news that it's happened to anyone either...I suspect the rumour was started by Amazon..Temu is their most major competitor now..

For now.. at least.. temu is a far better online supplier htan anyone else.. even if some of their goods are not great quality. They give refunds with no quibble.. they keep you informed every step of the way as to what's happening with your order.. from the time it's put on the plane to the precise time it's going to arrive at your door.

Clearly it's a cheap business.. so one has to be a little smart about what you're buying.. but if you look at something. and then find it on Amazon or elsewhere at 3 times the price... to me it's a no brainer to get it..

Today 3 items arrived from temu for the garden... I got the whole 3 for less than the price of just One on Amazon.. and that was with free shipping as well..

Incidentally I have one Credit card which has a deliberately low limit on it ... that's the only card I use on Temu.... just in case...

I keep all the glass jars I buy after they are empitied. I soak them in the sink in warm soapy water to get the labels off. They are perfect for storing left overs.
You can see at a glance what is in the jar. I have all different sizes thanks to the great variety of things I buy in glass.

They are also great for sharing food with family. When my Mom was still living and in her own home I would make extra food. The glass jars were perfect for filling with home cooked meals and just taking it to her. She live just on the next street. I made sure to let the food cool before I placed the lids on. She could eat that day or place in the fridge for when she wanted it. She would wash the jars and keep them at the ready for refilling when she was done.
Great idea! I have a number of empty glass jars already and will will begin pressing them into more frequent service.
I do buy pickles, olives and a variety of condiments in glass.
Same here. Also marinated artichoke hearts and jams & jellies. Have about 48 little glass baby food jars and lids saved from when our little dog needed to take medicine everyday. The only way to get him to eat it was in turkey or chicken baby food. Those little jars have been useful for all sorts of things.

Tomorrow being the first day of spring, today DH & I went to the nursery and came home with tomato plants, mint, basil and potting soil. Unfortunately they didn't have any Thai basil or flat leaf parsley. Maybe we can breathe life back into our existing Thai basil plant, but the parsley would be a new addition so no help on that front.

I keep all the glass jars I buy after they are empitied. I soak them in the sink in warm soapy water to get the labels off. They are perfect for storing left overs.
You can see at a glance what is in the jar. I have all different sizes thanks to the great variety of things I buy in glass.

They are also great for sharing food with family. When my Mom was still living and in her own home I would make extra food. The glass jars were perfect for filling with home cooked meals and just taking it to her. She live just on the next street. I made sure to let the food cool before I placed the lids on. She could eat that day or place in the fridge for when she wanted it. She would wash the jars and keep them at the ready for refilling when she was done.
Oh, don't get me started on saving jars! I can't throw them away but I do use them. When I get too many I give them to the thrift store to give away. They don't have to mess with the labels. I use goo gone if they're sticky.

I just saw your post on your Dollar store trip.
It reminded me that I had a good trip to Dollar Tree yesterday. I hadn't been in a while.
I picked up a small silicone whisk, a black and white pattern dry mat (passed on one at Wal-Mart since too expensive and not as pretty!), some plant clips to secure to stakes ( DH was shocked-20 to a pk), and I always pick up a couple jars of sweet gherkins with sugar, not HFCS.
They had some good stuff I passed on because I don't need but sure was tempting for 1.25!

Yesterday I finally traded in the 2006 Suburu Forester I inherited from my FIL when he passed. Now I’m driving a 2024 RAV4 XLE hybrid with AD. Such a smooth ride and I’m appreciating how adjustable the front seats are. Guess I’ll have to break down and allow Siri to speak on my phone.
My Daughter bought her RAV4 Hybrid New 2 Christmases ago... she loves it... but.. I know her well, that's she's likely to upgrade in a year or 2..

ac92d257-4f17-49a1-b572-33d95f7d70f6.jpg
No cracks about steering wheel on the wrong side...that's not a messy car, we took the photo the day she picked up the car and it still had the floor and seat covers on it..
:p

Last edited:
Oh, don't get me started on saving jars! I can't throw them away but I do use them. When I get too many I give them to the thrift store to give away. They don't have to mess with the labels. I use goo gone if they're sticky.

I just saw your post on your Dollar store trip.
It reminded me that I had a good trip to Dollar Tree yesterday. I hadn't been in a while.
I picked up a small silicone whisk, a black and white pattern dry mat (passed on one at Wal-Mart since too expensive and not as pretty!), some plant clips to secure to stakes ( DH was shocked-20 to a pk), and I always pick up a couple jars of sweet gherkins with sugar, not HFCS.
They had some good stuff I passed on because I don't need but sure was tempting for 1.25!
I didn't mention it but a bought a knife. I had been looking on Amazon for one because I was ordering a new sharpener.

It is a large one, 7 1/2 inch long maybe 2 1/2 deep. Kind of like the chef knives you see on cooking shows. I just used it cut up the beef I bought yesterday. It was comfortable in my hand, not heavy but not flimsy either. It was a champ! For $1.25 you can't beat it. Works as well as some of my expensive knifes. Probably won't hold up for years but at that price can't go wrong. I am going to get another one next time I go for my stash.

It is surprising what you can find that is of good quality. I love that store.

My Daughter bought her RAV4 Hybrid New 2 Christmases ago... she loves it... but.. I know her well, that's she's likely to upgrade in a year or 2..

ac92d257-4f17-49a1-b572-33d95f7d70f6.jpg
No cracks about steering wheel on the wrong side...that's not a messy car, we took the photo the day she picked up the car and it still had the floor and seat covers on it..
:p

It isn't plush or fancy but I find it very smooth to drive with lots of power when needed and much better gas milage than I'd expected. Using the little 'computer screen' known as an infotainment system is definitely stretching my tolerance for tech but I'll bet your dd is exactly the right generation for that.

Recently, I discovered that I was in dire need of another pair of white linen trousers; the relaxed kind, the sort of style you can wear on those hot summer days, the ones you see other people wearing but, when you look for a pair in the shops, they are sold out. Anyways, yesterday we were in M&S and there they were! two pairs of white linen trousers, my size, my length and exactly what I wanted :) Of course, I made a show of deliberating about which pair to buy and then the chap came up with the perfect solution - buy them both! Heavens to Betsy! why didn't I think of that :love:

Recently, I discovered that I was in dire need of another pair of white linen trousers...
That reminds me. I have a pair in slightly off-white and another in a "pale sand" color. I've never worn them because I've been meaning to deal with hemming them. I've lost some weight so I'm sure they no longer would fit.

If such a thing is still in style for an old man maybe I need to look for some myself before they go out of stock. For most occasions shorts probably aren't a Summer option once you pass a certain age.

Last edited:
It isn't plush or fancy but I find it very smooth to drive with lots of power when needed and much better gas milage than I'd expected. Using the little 'computer screen' known as an infotainment system is definitely stretching my tolerance for tech but I'll bet your dd is exactly the right generation for that.
I have a Rav4 Adventure series and I love it!

She is ... I tell her that I couldn't have one because the Tech would confuse me, but she accept it so naturally like it's bread and water

When that time comes, maybe you should buy it from her. You’ll know the owner took good care of it. By then yours will be 15 or so years old.
True, .. but in as much as much as it's a nice car, and I wouldn't have to use the Tech if I didn't want to....the fact is, that the Insurance is very high for it..as is the road tax... and the Petrol is very expensive here, and that uses quite a lot compared to a smaller car... like mine..

True, .. but in as much as much as it's a nice car, and I wouldn't have to use the Tech if I didn't want to....the fact is, that the Insurance is very high for it..as is the road tax... and the Petrol is very expensive here, and that uses quite a lot compared to a smaller car... like mine..

Are you sure about the mileage? My hybrid is expected to get an average of 40 mpg. Too soon to say if that is true.

Are you sure about the mileage? My hybrid is expected to get an average of 40 mpg. Too soon to say if that is true.
what Mileage ?...oooh I see... my car get about 55 to the gallon... fuel here is now at around £1.49 Per Litre ..that's about £6.68 per gallon.... that's approx $8.00 US per gallon

Your car is a boss @hollydolly if it gets 55 miles to the gallon. What do you drive?

As for the insurance, I'm still waiting to hear back from my insurer but the financial guy at the dealership told me people are often surprised at how little more it turns out to be once you've purchased extended warrantee on so many things that they might otherwise have to cover.

The jury here is still out until I've had it longer.

Your car is a boss @hollydolly if it gets 55 miles to the gallon. What do you drive?

As for the insurance, I'm still waiting to hear back from my insurer but the financial guy at the dealership told me people are often surprised at how little more it turns out to be once you've purchased extended warrantee on so many things that they might otherwise have to cover.

The jury here is still out until I've had it longer.
I drive a little Ford fusion..1.4

Back