What have you bought recently?

we call that Bark.. and I prefer to use the cherry wood bark on my borders...:)

DSCF0201.jpg
I just saw a yellow bucket just like that at Lowe's. I didn't buy it because I don't need it but I love the color.. I should have invented a need. 🤔

I just saw a yellow bucket just like that at Lowe's. I didn't buy it because I don't need it but I love the color.. I should have invented a need. 🤔
Here they are called Garden trug tubs... they're plastic but very strong and easy to carry heavy garden soil or bark.. etc in them. I have 6 of various sizes... lemon, Green, Blue etc.. ..
413liM6NWiL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I have an old one I still use but you really can't immerse it in hot soup. Someday I want a better one.
We used to have one but somehow lost it in the transfer. When watching a video on how to make a lentil soup, I saw it used. It mashed up part of the soup but left some lentils whole so I looked it up on Amazon. You can get a nice one for under $40. I got one with a few accessories. One for whisking, one for mashing, one for mixing and one for breaking up nuts and things.

Last edited:
Yes, I did spend some money today. Before I left work, bought some sandwich bags and three bottles of tart cherry juice. Tart cherry juice has natural melatonin, and I drink some every night before bed to help with sleeping.

Then I spent $34 on plants for me and for DD at one garden center and $33 on plants, potting soil and garden soil at the other garden center. I probably won't plant them in the garden until tomorrow because I'm plumb worn out from work, cleaning carpet and going to the garden center.

I'm done spending money until payday.

I purchased a new metal detector. I don't go out detecting but seem to ocassionally have use for one around my property. I needed to check old barn boards for nails last week and discovered my twenty five year old detector no longer functions so bought a new one.

Wow is this thing complicated! It's an entry level model but has more options and and sub options than I will ever need, and of course nothing comes with instruction manuals so you need to consult Youtube.

I just received my Amazon order for food staples; oatmeal, farina, 4 pack tuna in olive oil, 2 pack anchovies, various pastas, peanut butter, 2 cases canned seltzers, etc.

Then, ran to Aldi for lemons, carrots, milk, coffee cream, brown sugar.

Finally, I just ordered a tilting food bowl for my dog. I have only seen this once on TV and just thought it was just a cool design, but I found out they are best for flat-faced dogs like pugs, bulldogs, French bulldogs, Shih-tzus (like mine) and push-faced cats.

81ky8bkcDUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

BTW, people must stop favoring Brachycephalic dogs and breeders must stop the practice of breeding flat nose animals. The animals suffer greatly with breathing problems.

Today was payday. I put a mere $140 in EF. The rest? Well, not all of it, but a good portion of it, on flowers. I know that comes as a surprise to y'all. Flowers. One can never have too many flowers. They'll get planted tomorrow after work because it's too sloppy out there now after our torrential rain yesterday, last night, this morning.

Kalanchoe, snapdragons, calla lilies, stock, alstromeria. And other stuff, can't remember it all. I wanted sunpatiens, but they're only available right now in big expensive pots. Maybe next week.

A good portion = 💰💰= 💸💸. Do I look ashamed? No? How about now? 😳Now do I look ashamed?

Dog food and treats

A new larger robe

Groceries

Compression socks full length

New sneakers but paid by my health insurance

Fall jacket

Tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner

Moisturizer for face and another for body

Plastic file folders

Dog inhaler contraption and dog inhaler spray

Veterinary services

Household cleaners for floors and everything else

Yesterday I tried to buy inexpensive curtains or a drape for one narrow, long window at the end of my hallway. Need only one panel. I'm done with blinds!

I do have a heavy, thick, woven cotton panel there but it's a brownish-orange background with a cream leafy pattern that runs vertically. It faces out, somewhat next to my pinkish-rose wreath at the kitchen window and clashes horribly.

So, it's either one of the 2 white cotton panels I got for 11.99 or the white textured all-cotton shower curtain I grabbed for 4.99 at TJMaxx, if it isn't too wide to scrunch. I really wanted a rose-colored sheers, but none available.

Oh well, if worse comes to worse, I still have the old white sheers (that covered the old blinds), washed and put away.

Also at TJ Maxx, I bought a smallish array of silk eucalyptus leaves in a round white holder. Looks nice on my dark walnut dining table.

At Ocean State Job Lots, I picked up 2 off-white planters for my anticipated rose or salmon colored geraniums. I already have pots to empty and scrub for my anticipated basil and rosemary plants.

I am so hungry for plants and flowers like I used to have.

Dog inhaler contraption and dog inhaler spray
Oh @Ruthanne, what a good doggy-mom you are! Thank goodness Suzy has you.

This is what I mean about a ban on the breeding of brachycephalic dogs! They struggle to breathe, snort, snore and have gas pains. They can't swallow properly.

This "playing god" attitude of breeders, the AKC and other big-shot kennel clubs just infuriates me! Some people think that push-faced pets are "cute" and so the abuse continues.

As you know Ruthie, my dog is half Shih-Tzu like yours, but also half Terrier. Her face is pushed in a little, but not too much. That bowl I just got for her does help her eat more comfortably.

Yes, off topic. I think I heard Norway has banned breeding more. Had to get it out!

Hit Costco Business Center this morning and dropped $122 on food and household supplies. Also spent $500 on a roof repair.

Most of my financial outgo has always been recurring expenses like utilities, the replenishment of necessary goods, and repairs of one sort or another.

Guessing I'm not the only one.
I like the way I spend money better than the way you do. Food? Household expenses? Roof repair? Recurring expenses like utilities, etc? Geez. Flowers. Flowers are more important. Jussayin....

Amazon - A new pair of dog clippers. The ones I had were heavy and had an electric cord. New one is light, no cord, rechargeable. They were not expensive like the first ones and had good reviews. We shall see.

Went to the Ace Hardware and picked a bag of fertilizer, okra, yellow squash seeds. I had a $5 coupon, so saved a little, every bit helps.

Hit the $ store for a couple of things. I just went for their 6 packs of water and ended up buying some cute purple plastic salad bowls w/scalloped edges. And, the matching plastic cups I use to put salad dressing or pudding in. Also, bought 3 of the outdoor solar stick in the ground lights they have. Cute new designs. One of them has a plastic butterfly inside of it. Cheap thrills. :)

Back