What have you bought recently?

AZU90f18499eae28e_ae3777c2-8349-42f6-b90e-297a8e813213.jpg

I've just got to put it together now... 😧

$108 worth of groceries and two pairs of cargo shorts for DH yesterday at Costco. While he was shopping for shorts I was checking out the carpet runners and found some I liked. He had the shopping cart so I made a mental note to grab the runners when he finished. Of course, that mental note didn't reappear in my brain for several hours. Doh!

Thinking of heading back today to get them. I need four and the color and price are right, so I want to grab them now. They may be gone if I wait until my next Costco run.

Amazon ordered a flash accessory for my new Sony a6700 that arrived yesterday. Had serious intermittent functional bug issues I quickly discovered online others also complained about. As an electronic hardware person, suspect it is a silicon design issue. This morning set up an Amazon return so walked the 3 blocks to a nearby Staples to return it for a replacement since some others have received good replacements. If the replacement also has issues, will request a full refund. Like their current smooth return process.

Also received one Math Class $19 ice-blue colored women's synthetic compression t-shirt that I was uncertain about the medium size form fit since I normally don't buy women's clothing haha. Fits perfectly showing off my fit body (wearing as I type) so Amazon ordered another 3 (sky blue, light green, and light orange). All the many other men's brand products are just a few predictable male colors, especially dark blacks, grays, blues, marketed as gym wear. I don't use gyms but do dance in public. Three weekends hence is a nearby multi genre street music festival with several stages they will see some sunlight during.

Amazon ordered a flash accessory for my new Sony a6700 that arrived yesterday. Had serious intermittent functional bug issues I quickly discovered online others also complained about. As an electronic hardware person, suspect it is a silicon design issue. This morning set up an Amazon return so walked the 3 blocks to a nearby Staples to return it for a replacement since some others have received good replacements. If the replacement also has issues, will request a full refund. Like their current smooth return process.

Also received one Math Class $19 ice-blue colored women's synthetic compression t-shirt that I was uncertain about the medium size form fit since I normally don't buy women's clothing haha. Fits perfectly showing off my fit body (wearing as I type) so Amazon ordered another 3 (sky blue, light green, and light orange). All the many other men's brand products are just a few predictable male colors, especially dark blacks, grays, blues, marketed as gym wear. I don't use gyms but do dance in public. Three weekends hence is a nearby multi genre street music festival with several stages they will see some sunlight during.
Well, respect for being a confident enough man to buy what was best in fit , style, and color for you and not what society says is best.
Have fun at the festivals!

I received a $75 Amazon gift card and ordered large quantities of food and other necessities for my cat. I was excited to find I could get a 40-pound bag of clumping clay cat litter for only $17, and ordered two of them.

This stuff is not cat litter. This is "instant mortar, just add cat-pee." I am having to use a hammer to bust up solid chunks of cement and a 3" pallet knife to chisel it off the sides and bottom of the litter box. It is a massive chore! And I still have to go through 70-pounds of this stuff.

I keep telling the cat I'm going to build her a nice tombstone with it. And I'll pee on it myself.

BTW, the brand name is Dr. Elsey's Ultra Kitty Litter.

My checking account is somewhat smaller this afternoon (and so is my EF account so let's hope the fridge doesn't die!). Went to the garden centers and laid in *supplies* including a shepherd's hook with three hooks. I went to put it in the ground and the foot broke off! Geez. That sucker cost almost $30 and is going back to the store for sure.

I got shrubs and bedding plants and peonies, a couple of hanging baskets, dianthus, orange marmalade crossandra, pink gaura, lily of the Nile, a purple alstromeria, ornamental onions, Shasta daisies and kalanchoe. The dianthus is the low-growing kind to plant in front of the other taller dianthus that's already there. The baskets came from the *Clarence* racks for half price and there's not a thing in the world wrong with them. One is verbena, the other geraniums with white lobelia.

It felt good to just go in and choose whatever I wanted without keeping track in my head of how much money I could still spend! I still have plenty of $$ left, and the garden centers still have plenty of flowers left... Stay tuned :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I bought a lemon and white striped T-shirt..
AA15283W_original_neutral_soft-lemon_821938.jpg
I bought a wash/cut & Blow dry.... I also got a new screen protector for my Iphone.. I'm sick of buying them and then when I put them on regardless of how careful I am I always get bubbles, so I got the man in the phone shop to do it , £10 supplied and fitted..

A new straw summer Hat

A pair of Navy Blue Chino Shorts...

Last edited:
@hearlady I ordered the trimmer thingie. Geez...it won't get here until May 23? Doesn't matter, I guess, since I won't need it.

I've decided that every spring I'm gonna just throw caution to the winds and take a hunka money to blow at the garden centers all at once. I deserve it, right?
Maybe it will come earlier. I've noticed a lot of times on Amazon, they do..

Two Motorcycles... one yesterday, the other I pickup tomorrow. Grandson has out grown his 1st and now I have a dirt bike to ride with him....
You be careful! Bikes aren't called "donorcycles" for no reason. People have a tendency to look over, under, around or through motorcycles! Advice from someone who knows firsthand...

Okay, kids, I exchanged the shepherd's hook. DD found a Gerbera daisy when we visited Clarence. I found seed packets of perennial forget-me-not seeds that I've been looking for since forever ago.

I still have a whole buncha $$ left. The garden centers still have a buncha plants left. Trouble is, the plants they have aren't the ones I've been looking for. How dare they? I still want Mexican petunias, pentas, gomphrena, more sunpatiens and more gaura.

Got some new parts for my Weber Q300 grill. Regulator and Manifold Assembly, Burner Tubes, and Knobs. I love this 12 yr old grill, and this will pretty much make it new again in function.

Back