What is the silliest stuff up you have done?

In my late teens, four of us shared a bottle of rum. My parents never had alcohol around. Was I ever bombed .. could barely make it up the stairs to the house, and my room. I lay on my bed, and the room was spinning. Somehow, Mom knew I'd been drinking. Probably could smell it on me :oops:

During one psychotic break with reality, I felt I was a world-wide spectacle...the butt of every joke...hundreds of millions of people wanting me dead.

To try and stop this Play I felt I was at the center of, I drove to another Province in Canada and threw a large rock at an outdoor drive-in movie screen. The big rock went Ba-Dang off of the screen and put a good dent in it. Then I took off my white t-shirt and waved it in surrender to the satellite cameras in the sky that I thought were following my every move.

It was my own way of telling the whole world that I didn't want to be in this movie anymore...that I just wanted my simple job and family life back.

I've tried writing a book about my 'narcistic flights of fancy'.

But every time I try to put pen to paper I go spinning down the rabbit hole again. Also, I figure most people wouldn't believe half of what I wrote...my story is just that fantastical and out there.

When I was living in New York City in the early 1970's, I found a Army Recruiting Form, and filled it out and put my younger brother's name on it. He was only 10 or 11 at the time. One day there is a knock on the door of my mother's house. When opened the door, she was face to face with a recruiting officer of the U.S. Army. He told her who he was looking for. She told the officer that her son was only 10 years old. The officer informed her that her son filled out a army recruiting form. I think I confessed to her during one of my visits in the 70's.

Going through Chief's initiation in the Navy.
I was standing at attention and a female Chief Petty Officer was SCREAMING in my face.
... I told her to, "Take your shoes off, get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich."
The entire room burst out laughing ... after a considered moment, she licked my face like a cow's tongue ... turned and walked away

Cck0JHa.jpeg

In my late teens, four of us shared a bottle of rum. My parents never had alcohol around. Was I ever bombed .. could barely make it up the stairs to the house, and my room. I lay on my bed, and the room was spinning. Somehow, Mom knew I'd been drinking. Probably could smell it on me :oops:
Same exact scene here, age 14. Was drunk-as-a-skunk, helped friend drink a bunch of his dad's home brew beer and wine. I was laying on my bed spinning around when my mom came home from work. I'm quite sure I stank of wine/beer and being really sick. Mom never let on that she knew.

I was standing at attention and a female Chief Petty Officer was SCREAMING in my face.
... I told her to, "Take your shoes off, get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich."
The entire room burst out laughing ... after a considered moment, she licked my face like a cow's tongue ... turned and walked away

Cck0JHa.jpeg
Wow, that was bold as brass of you. 😀
Any negative ramifications down the track?

None ... we just continued to get mashed, harassed and tested physically, mentally and emotionally, often around the clock as we continued for several weeks through the initiation process. All was good for the bonding process and acceptance into the brotherhood (and sisterhood) of the Chief's Mess.

After I learned how to play the Manolin back in my 20's, I thought it would sound really good running though my largest Vox Amp, with full reverb and a Wah-Wah pedal.
Fixed it up with a 'Frankenstein' Barcus-Berry pickup and I was off.

Envisioned myself playing with a progressive jazz band, touring the World and making LOTS OF MONEY,
living the bad-boy life style.

Kind of the Jean Luc Ponty of Manolin...

Thankfully for the music world, I had no takers from the other musicians I knew.

This is the what I was going for; wanting to think out-side the box with conventional jazz.

After I learned how to play the Manolin back in my 20's, I thought it would sound really good running though my largest Vox Amp, with full reverb and a Wah-Wah pedal.
Fixed it up with a 'Frankenstein' Barcus-Berry pickup and I was off.

Envisioned myself playing with a progressive jazz band, touring the World and making LOTS OF MONEY,
living the bad-boy life style.

Kind of the Jean Luc Ponty of Manolin...

Thankfully for the music world, I had no takers from the other musicians I knew.

This is the what I was going for; wanting to think out-side the box with conventional jazz.

Dream was just a tad shattered? Still, gave you pleasure to learn something new. Did you/do you still play?

None ... we just continued to get mashed, harassed and tested physically, mentally and emotionally, often around the clock as we continued for several weeks through the initiation process. All was good for the bonding process and acceptance into the brotherhood (and sisterhood) of the Chief's Mess.

Just wanted to add that in all honesty, it was one of her fellow Chief Petty Officers that put me up to it. He seemed to know that she was "on" that day and would be getting in our Chief Select faces. It worked a charm and entertained the entire Chief Petty Officer assemblage immensely.

In fact, toward the end of the Chief's initiation process, there was a golf outing and she chose me and another selectee to caddie for her and the Command Master Chief. Good times.

We once dressed up my friend's dalmatian in a maid's costume complete with frilly hat and apron. Then we tied him up by the street with a mop and bucket and a sign that read Maid for Hire. We hid laughing behind the bushes.

Back