What TV show did you like but it was taken off the air?

Me: 30 Rock. I think it went off the air because Tina Fey wanted to get to know her family instead of working 80 hours a week.
Brit show that is no longer airing in my region: 60 Minute Makeover.

Firefly.
Freaks and Geeks
Carnivale (HB0)

There are more but those three pop in my mind when I think of shows that got cancelled too early.

Obviously there are lots of shows I liked that were eventually taken off the air. :) The two main ones that come to mind only aired for one season. Moonlight (not Moonlighting), starring Alex O'Loughlin. It was about a vampire detective who falls for a mortal reporter, who's life he had saved when she was a child. I actually signed a petition to keep the show on the air. CBS took it off after one season but promised to find another venue for Alex. They tried with Three Rivers (also only one season), then hit paydirt with the reboot of Hawaii Five-0 which ran for 10 seasons.

Another show was The Passage starring Mark-Paul Gosselaar and a wonderful young actress Saniyya Sidney. Another supernatural-horror show. At least the finale to it's only season wrapped things up nicely but could have been a lead in to a second season. From Wikipedia:
"The Passage focuses on Project Noah, a secret medical facility where scientists are experimenting with a dangerous virus that could lead to the cure for all disease, but also carries the potential to wipe out the human race. When a young girl, Amy Bellafonte, is chosen to be a test subject, Federal Agent Brad Wolgast is tasked with bringing her to Project Noah. Ultimately, however, Wolgast becomes her surrogate father, as he tries to protect her at any cost."

Decades ago, there was a medical series starring Blair Underwood and a mostly Black cast called City Of Angels. I was sorry to see that canceled. There were other shows as well, but sometimes it is time for a show to end, as was the case with Sleepy Hollow, which I loved enough to watch the 4 season series three times.

@dilettante Like you, I would have liked to have seen Almost Human continue.

Last edited:
The Grinder, a sit-com with Rob Lowe. It had good ratings. Who knows the logic of the folks that do the cancelling.

What is most frustrating is a show that is cancelled and there was no resolution. If they want to wrap it up, fine. At least do it properly.

Hercules in the 1960
Bing AI:

Hercules in the 1960?

Copilot
Certainly! During the 1950s and 1960s, a series of films featuring the Greek divine hero Hercules were produced in Italy. Here are some notable Hercules movies from that era:
  1. Hercules in New York (1970): This film stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as Hercules. It’s also known as “Hercules: The Movie” and “Hercules Goes Bananas” 1.
  2. The Loves of Hercules (1960): This Italian film, also known as “Hercules in the Haunted World,” is one of the many Hercules movies made during that time. It features adventure, fantasy, and mythological elements 2.
  3. The Fury of Hercules (1962): Another Italian production, this film stars Brad Harris as Hercules 3.
  4. The Three Stooges Meet Hercules (1962): A comedic take on Hercules, this film combines the Stooges’ slapstick humor with the legendary hero 2.
  5. Hercules Against Moloch (1963): Gordon Scott plays Hercules in this Italian film, also known as “The Conquest of Mycenae” and “Hercules Attacks” 3.
These movies often blend mythology, adventure, and sometimes even humor. If you’re interested in more Hercules-related content, you might also enjoy animated adaptations like “The Mighty Hercules” cartoon series 4. 🌟

Learn more​

1en.wikipedia.org2imdb.com3flickchart.com4youtube.com

The Grinder, a sit-com with Rob Lowe. It had good ratings. Who knows the logic of the folks that do the cancelling.

What is most frustrating is a show that is cancelled and there was no resolution. If they want to wrap it up, fine. At least do it properly.
I sure agree with your last sentence Jules. It seems that ratings favor what those ages 18 - 49 watch. If a show isn't pulling in enough of those viewers, or if its viewership starts to really slide, it gets canceled. Sometimes an entire season was filmed already, perhaps in anticipation that there would be a next season (especially if the show starts out with good viewership) so they lose the opportunity to wrap it up properly.

Bing AI:

Hercules in the 1960?

Copilot
Certainly! During the 1950s and 1960s, a series of films featuring the Greek divine hero Hercules were produced in Italy. Here are some notable Hercules movies from that era:
  1. Hercules in New York (1970): This film stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as Hercules. It’s also known as “Hercules: The Movie” and “Hercules Goes Bananas” 1.
  2. The Loves of Hercules (1960): This Italian film, also known as “Hercules in the Haunted World,” is one of the many Hercules movies made during that time. It features adventure, fantasy, and mythological elements 2.
  3. The Fury of Hercules (1962): Another Italian production, this film stars Brad Harris as Hercules 3.
  4. The Three Stooges Meet Hercules (1962): A comedic take on Hercules, this film combines the Stooges’ slapstick humor with the legendary hero 2.
  5. Hercules Against Moloch (1963): Gordon Scott plays Hercules in this Italian film, also known as “The Conquest of Mycenae” and “Hercules Attacks” 3.
These movies often blend mythology, adventure, and sometimes even humor. If you’re interested in more Hercules-related content, you might also enjoy animated adaptations like “The Mighty Hercules” cartoon series 4. 🌟

Learn more​

1en.wikipedia.org2imdb.com3flickchart.com4youtube.com
It wasn't a movie or cartoon. I think it was every Sunday with different story lines.

Restaurant Impossible and

Take the Money & Run (2011)

The contestants on this reality show are given a brief case with 100,000 dollars inside and they have one hour to hide the brief case. Then detectives have 48 hours to locate the brief case and if they do so, they get the cash but if they fail, the contestants get to keep the cash.

It kept you on the edge of your seat and the hiding places were so unique, once contestants hid the briefcase on top of a building it was so nerve racking to watch as your wanting them to find it and your also wanting the people to win the money.

Star Trek.
I agree. My all time favorite show. Some have said that the first two seasons were better than the third season. But that was false. Each season had good and weak episodes. The 3rd season had some episodes that I loved. However, the episode that was my least favorite was the last first run episode of the third season and series, Turnabout Intruder. That obviously took place before Star Trek Voyager, when there was finally a female captain. It was the only episode that was painful to watch.

Back