Whatcha’ll look like now, hmmmm?

oscash, I love how your arm is around the "silver 8" balloon as if to symbolize that you embrace being eighty. And you should because you still look healthy, happy, and have a radiant smile. It's a small photo but I just clicked on it and it appears full size.,,, great photo! In the future, if you want it full size, choose "full image" instead of "thumbnail"

I love both photos and they are not too big at all.

This is me in 2016 on a South Pacific cruise vacation

Edit - following some advice, I am now removing photos of myself to avoid being identified by anyone with malevolent motives.
No-one posting here should take offence.
I took one fence but you could hardly notice it hope you don't mind - I've just got a thing about single fences?

oscash, I love how your arm is around the "silver 8" balloon as if to symbolize that you embrace being eighty. And you should because you still look healthy, happy, and have a radiant smile. It's a small photo but I just clicked on it and it appears full size.,,, great photo! In the future, if you want it full size, choose "full image" instead of "thumbnail"
Thanks Lara for your lovely words. xx

Thanks Lara for your lovely words. xx
I ditto what @Lara said Oscash. You look wonderful. How nice that you had such a lovely celebration.

@horseless carriage I know what you mean about using accessories to camouflage our ages. In public, I wear scarves in various styles and for years, my claim of being a senior has been doubted and questioned. I had to show a transit driver my ID to get the senior rate. I'm often mistaken for my son's wife (or GF) and a couple of years ago (at age 75) when I was walking the boardwalk, a man addressed me as "Baby Girl". I had to laugh to myself because that's what my son calls my granddaughter. Without my scarves, my gray hairs (almost all gray now) would be on full display. :LOL:

Last edited:
I ditto what @Lara said Oscash. You look wonderful. How nice that you had such a lovely celebration.

@horseless carriage I know what you mean about using accessories to camouflage our ages. In public, I wear scarves in various styles and for years, my claim of being a senior has been doubted and questioned. I had to show a transit driver my ID to get the senior rate. I'm often mistaken for my son's wife (or GF) and a couple of years ago (at age 75) when I was walking the boardwalk, a man addressed me as "Baby Girl". I had to laugh to myself because that's what my son calls my granddaughter. Without my scarves, my gray hairs (almost all gray now) would be on full display. :LOL:
Baby Girl eh? I like to keep back handed compliments. The garage proprietor who takes care of our cars has had his features demolished by a lifetime of tobacco addiction, I still call him: 'Young Man' though. It strokes his ego.
Striped blazer & tie 001.JPG
Given the right angle in sunlight, the fedora casts enough shadow to hide a multitude of sins!

Baby Girl eh? I like to keep back handed compliments. The garage proprietor who takes care of our cars has had his features demolished by a lifetime of tobacco addiction, I still call him: 'Young Man' though. It strokes his ego.
View attachment 337921
Given the right angle in sunlight, the fedora casts enough shadow to hide a multitude of sins!
You are handsome, @horseless carriage , no matter the age!

View attachment 337921
I think people are calling us by those cutsie names to make us seniors feel better about ourselves. :LOL: I'm connected to my son's BIL on Facebook. He calls me "Young Lady".

Back