What's a cause or issue that you've become more passionate about as you've gotten older?

Yeah, we have freedom of speech, but it doesn't mean a jack ass isn't a jack ass. And what someone types doesn't necessarily make it true.
As a rant, I understand this. As a cause, how would you change this?

Or are you saying this is an issue you're more aware of as you've gotten older?

Most old timers get really passionate about their lawns.
Bwahaha, as a former greenkeeper I had the equivalent of a mechanic's car. It functioned adequately and got the necessary maintenance. The only lawn I have now is the verge in front of our house, it never gets watered but some years I spray the flat weeds during winter to prevent bare patches during summer.
My causes are mental health, AOD (alcohol and other drugs) issues, and suicide prevention, especially among military veterans. I'm also concerned about a lot of the above issues.

The corruption on a local, city and state level that I see. I live in a very corrupt state - so much dark money influencing the politicians where I live. So much crime, both violent and non-violent.

Homelessness. There is no good excuse for it. Every corrupt politican who claims to have an excuse for it sounds like a lame teenager who was just too lazy to do his homework.

But they will never just come out and say, "We're too lazy, stupid and self-involved to solve it." They will make a million and one excuses instead.

I've decided our governor is still basically a teenager inside. He's that mature. He keeps getting elected because he is EASY to manipulate. His promoters love to lead him around by his invisible nose ring.

I agree. I read an article a few years ago by a journalist who got a job for a while as a chauffer to rich people; he even ended up driving some of the world's 1 percent at Davos. Anyway, he discovered, as I did, since he was in a "lowly" position, that he turned invisible and people will forget you're there and you wouldn't believe the stuff they'd say in front of him.

He said amongst the stuff that he overheard was the fact that they all think at least some climate change is human-caused, they realize that things could well get really bad, and they didn't seem to care in the slightest what kind of a world their kids/g'kids/any descendants were going to have to live in.

In fact, he said he heard more than 1 person say along the lines of, "You say what with famines and all that people are going to be literally rioting in the streets for food? I don't care; I've got my own private security firm." And "You say that because of global warming sea levels will rise and my oceanfront home(s) might get wiped out? Why should I care? I like my house in the Alps better anyway." The journo/chauffer said they literally were always saying stuff like that. Oh, and he also said that none of them seemed to be happy; they were always talking about wishing that they were in the 1/2 of the 1 percent.
I believe you, and then we have to ask our leaders, "WHY are you allowing these whiny b*stards to influence so many of your public policy decisions!!!????"

Last edited:
Folks, if I become Emperor of the Universe, every community and town in America with say at least 10,000 people, ought be by law required and solidly tax supported to have open to the public 24/7 and cleanly maintained by a state contract, a:

• drinking water fountain with faucet
  • a male / female restroom

And should be available in all city outdoor parks.
I have started to wonder WHY can't the homeless have free, business hours access to showers at Fire Stations and all Hospitals? WHY?

Have one dedicated shower at every hospital for anyone who needs it. Have cameras in the hall leading to the shower and a timer on the door. Door has to remain unlocked, but they can hang a sign out when it's being used. After 10 to 15 minutes the timer goes off and that means the person needs to exit. Have chairs in hall in case they still need to put shoes and socks on.

After shower, staff can spray surfaces down with sanitizer and Lysol spray. Takes 60 seconds. Can also have an air purifier running in the shower area 24/7.

And why don't we have more free clothing giveaways for the homeless? Could have free clothes at every Food Bank location.

I have started to wonder WHY can't the homeless have free, business hours access to showers at Fire Stations and all Hospitals? WHY?

Have one dedicated shower at every hospital for anyone who needs it. Have cameras in the hall leading to the shower and a timer on the door. Door has to remain unlocked, but they can hang a sign out when it's being used. After 10 to 15 minutes the timer goes off and that means the person needs to exit. Have chairs in hall in case they still need to put shoes and socks on.

After shower, staff can spray surfaces down with sanitizer and Lysol spray. Takes 60 seconds. Can also have an air purifier running in the shower area 24/7.

And why don't we have more free clothing giveaways for the homeless? Could have free clothes at every Food Bank location.
You've got my vote!

Back