Would you Continuously Cruise if you had plenty of Cash? Italy - Mediterranean are very popular.

No cruising here even if we can afford it. It’s just not our thing. Too many people, too much booze and food, too much risk of disease 🦠 etc., etc.,
Couldn't agree more! We went on one short cruise, years ago and vowed to never take another. There is no escape one you leave the dock, no matter how abhorrent you find your fellow passengers.

I've thought about it and have heard about seniors who live on cruise ships. In fact there was a joke email going around years ago about an old lady who said it's cheaper to live on a cruise ship than to go into a nursing home. She had everything she needed at her fingertips, even medical care. The staff got to know her and looked out for her. But how about doing it in style. One would have to be a multi millionaire though, to afford to buy a suite on this vessel. Keep scrolling down to view the residences on this luxury cruise ship...The World.
The World | Luxury Residences at Sea

Couldn't agree more! We went on one short cruise, years ago and vowed to never take another. There is no escape one you leave the dock, no matter how abhorrent you find your fellow passengers.
Going on a cruise ship scares the heck out of me. I’d be in perpetual fear the entire time. Thats not a vacation. That’s paying to be tortured.

We would cruise more than we do, which is twice a year, but Hubby works so his time off is limited. We are going to Greece, Croatia, Montenegro and Italy the end of August. I know it will be hot but it will still be worth it!
DH & I have been on many cruises and love vacationing that way. Touring old churches and museums? After a day of that, we've had enough. We like going to small pubs or eateries for food the common folk eat, and chatting up the locals. For us it's all about the people and the food, and not so much about the places. (Obviously, we hit the high points)

Also, the ocean soothes my soul like nothing else can. My favorite cruise was a transatlantic home after a few weeks in Spain, Italy and Tenerife. Boarded, then hit a couple of European ports, nothing but water for a week, then a couple of ports in North America. Time change in our favor every night or so. Heaven. We were so relaxed upon disembarking that you could have poured us on the plane.

So different from flying home from Barcelona after a subsequent EU vacay. Massively jet-lagged and bodies so sore it felt like we'd been beaten up during the travel. Including layovers, it was 24 hours from the time we left the hotel until the Uber dropped us at the front door, and it took at least four days to recover.

Never again would we do that. If we return to Europe, we'll cruise back to the US.

I would like to continuously camp if I could afford it. Summer is coming and I will push camping to the limits this year.

I saw a homeless laying in the Grass next to his shopping cart the other day, sort of near a state park. Sure hope those pesky red ants didn't spot him. LOL

Back