Would you Continuously Cruise if you had plenty of Cash? Italy - Mediterranean are very popular.

Hubby and I did more than our fair share of cruising over the past twenty years. Not just cruising but also coach trips in Australia and a couple of tours making short jumps in a prop jet small plane.

If I go anywhere ever again it will be on a plane to southern UK with my daughter. We'll hire a car and wander about until we have had enough.

I got a lot of traveling done during 5 years in the Navy. Join the Navy, see the world. Truer words were never spoken. As for the tourist cruise thing, didn’t care for it. Seems like every stop was a jewelry store and the inevitable guided bus tour. I preferred being behind the wheel, armed with the usual guide and tour books, or travel by train, packing the same literature. While stationed in Spain I of course saw quite a bit of Spain, Gibralter, and Morocco. Caught a plane to Norway, and when my tour was up drove from Spain to Istanbul. Aboard ship it was Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, and numerous visits to Hawaii.

Some of the Draw is Sun, Water, Entertainment and of course The various doors of interest that the Ship contains.
Our Kids love going, one a year, takin pictures and sight-seeing. Youth, Entertainment and Wine also make life interesting for them. TWTS
I did one but the constant motion, I never got completely relaxed with the constant motion. Some hate flying too! I just need to stop the motion when I sleep. Is that so much to ask em. haha

I have been on 48 cruises, and the longest was 32 days from Buenos Aires to LA. Both my wife and I agreed that it was too long a cruise for us.
We enjoyed the cruise and the port experiences along the way, but it was just too long. Our preference is for 14 day or so cruises.

If I worked on a cruise ship I could probably muster out extended cruise time, but to be a tourist long term on a cruise ship would bore me to tears.

Back