2019 How is The Weather Where You Live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
January weather in my state has so far been highly variable, even within the course of a single day. It can start out below freezing with frozen precip, but make it up to the lower 50's by afternoon...

Now that we have our Christmas Tree down, and the front of our fireplace clear, we can have a fire sometime soon. Kind of amazing that there are apartments and homes in Florida that have fireplaces, but they do.

Today snow showers here in Buffalo,maybe will get an inch,areas south of city will get more which always happens
The ski area operators will be happy to get the snow,temps today in the 30's.

We finally have a couple of inches of snow here in Buffalo,temps in the 20's
I'm wearing long under wear today since its a bit nippy outside Sue

Northeastern Florida, at 8AM this morning...…….41 degrees and there is a "wind chill" as well! Who would ever think it would be THAT cold in Florida? Do people really move to this area to have 41 degrees? Actually, we've seen a daytime high of 45 before. Florida...…..no, Colorado...…..yes, or colder.

It was 39 this morning with a forecasted high of 58. That's what is passing for a cold snap here this winter. However the average low for this date is 40 and the average high is 60. So this winter's cold snaps are when the temperature gets down to about normal. The rest of the time it's been above normal. More evidence of global warming as if we needed any.

Northeastern Florida, at 8AM this morning...…….41 degrees and there is a "wind chill" as well! Who would ever think it would be THAT cold in Florida? Do people really move to this area to have 41 degrees? Actually, we've seen a daytime high of 45 before. Florida...…..no, Colorado...…..yes, or colder.

As a native born and long term resident of Central Florida I can tell you that 41 degrees is not at all unusual for Florida, especially up where you are in Jacksonville which us Central Florida natives don't even consider to be part of Florida. To us Jacksonville is for all intents and purposes considered to be south Georgia.

:tongue:

Light rain right now....scheduled to change to snow in the late afternoon, and overnight. We may get as much as 8" of snow from this storm, which would make it the heaviest snowfall in the past 5 years. I put the rear blade on the tractor yesterday anticipating that I may have to spend some serious time tomorrow, or Sunday, clearing the driveway....oh, well, it's Winter.

Light snow with a little rain mixed in and 35 degrees here in Co. Grass and vehicles are white, but sidewalks and streets are mostly wet and slushy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back