2020 - How's The Weather By You?

Days are in the upper 80s to low90s
Hazy sun from forest fires
Nights are in the 30s
Typical for here in the mountains

TUESDAY: Partly cloudy with scattered late afternoon or evening t-storms possible (30%). Winds: S 10-20. High: 90.

Changes coming this week!!
Screenshot-2020-09-08-at-5-54-02-AM.png

Well, we are having a Labor Day Weekend of wildfire smoke smell and high heat. Then, on Tuesday, we are suppose to be hit with a snow storm. Temps will fall some 60 degrees. Then, a week later, the 14th, we will be back into the mid 80's.

We have lived here before and seen this happen. It like going from Alaska to Hawaii in the same week.

Well, the snow storm that was suppose to hit, has, in a big way so far, fizzled out. It is snowing outside, but definitely isn't sticking to anything. Compared to this past Labor Day Weekend, when the daytime temps were in the upper 90's, it is currently 40 degrees. One great thing, the snow is giving firefighters somewhat of a rest in the mountains. Another great thing, the wildfire smoke smell/ash is gone.

The way it is right now, no snow ploughs will be needed and no snowman can be made.

So it went from 90 during the day to 48 last night. Rained and wind steady at 30 with gusts to 67 mph. Had to put the heat on as I was freezing. Thank heaven the wind is from the north, my roof problems are on the south side. Hopefully no leaks, still trying to get a roofer for repairs. What a pain.

Our -2 frost yesterday morning toasted anything that wasn't covered......was a hard frost, considering the temp.
-1 when i went to bed last nite......woke up to +2.
A lot of COLD north winds, 40/50/60 mph.

Wooo. Just plain wooo. and it's not a good woooo either.
A few days ago it was in the mid-90s, the next day in the mid-70s, was only 50 degrees when I got up yesterday morning, and this morning it's only 48. :oops: but I think it said it was only 40 when I checked last night.

Plus ongoing rain, and occasional thunderstorms.

:(

We don't have a complete "Winter Wonderland", but close. It started snowing heavy and hard yesterday around 5PM. Tree limbs are hanging with snow and vehicle windshields covered. But, snow not sticking to sidewalks or driveways. For September, this is rare for us, but it did happen. So, after another day, we will start heading back into the mid 80's.

This snow doesn't bother us............it's just part of living here! Sort of like living in Florida w/high humidity, hurricanes/tropical storms and Geico lizards. This is just part of living there..........just ask us about when we lived there.

It was actually COLD last night. We had high winds and rain most of the night and the wind is coming up again this morning. Last week we were way up in the 90s and right now it is about 40 degrees (F.). A bit of a shock to the system. I'm not complaining -- I'm sick of the summer heat. I had to get up in the middle of the night and put on long jammies because I was cold and just a couple of days ago I couldn't sleep because it was so hot. Weird!

Good but weird. We've bn having temps in the 100s and more. In addition to all this smoke haze.
But this morning it was very cool outside. Was able to go out and run some errands, and not have my hair in a ponytail, and my face all moist.

It was maybe 90* imo. Even turned off my ceiling fan for awhile.

Very cool this morning. Seems like the season changed overnight. It was very dark in my bdroom this morning, and quiet. The sun was up a little bit later this morning too.

Almost feels like rain!! We need it.

Back