2022 - How's the Weather Where You Are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will probably top out at, or above, 100 for the next 3 days....then starting Monday, we may get a few days of temps topping out in the lower 90's with some much needed rain. This has been a hot dry Summer, so far, with several daily records set.

It's been from upper 90s to 100. Didn't take the dog out for a walk today and another day this week. He runs hot and the pavement is too hot in the sun. We have a lot of grass and dirt to walk on, but not enough for these extreme hot and dry days. The grasses everywhere are not as lush as usual due to several years of drought and hot temps. Have had the small air conditioner going in the bedroom, and the fan in the living room during the day. Luckily our house is kept pretty cool from the trees outside, the basement is around ten degrees cooler, so when I do down to clean the litter box, do laundry or get food from the freezer or pantry, I don't mind too much at all. ;)

The fog was socked in San Francisco Bay and has just cleared away at our house, which is about 26 miles straight west. About 60 at our house today and will go up to about 70 briefly, before falling back to mid-50's tonite.

The heat dome effects end up bumping into low-pressure systems coming in from over the Pacific. It causes high winds - hence our dangerous wildfire watch has already started - but also clears out smog and the cooler Pacific Ocean air currents keep the temps normal for this time of year.

Our really dangerous period is usually late August thru mid-October, when hot dry winds come up from South CA and SW states. Humidity drops and temps shoot up all over CA. When you see it being 80 degrees in coastal SF, that means it's easily 100+ degrees in inland far North, Central and Southern areas of CA.

Very true that sadly, wildfire season is now year-round in the West, not just the summer/fall months. The SW is in a worse drought than CA; and the Rio Grande River has gone dry for the first time in 40 yrs.

For the past week we’ve been in low-mid 90s. Next week will be upper 90s and higher. These are our normal hot summer weeks.

It's 1am.. the temps have dropped to a wonderful cool 63 degrees outside.. apparently... but with all my fans on.. it's a roasting 83 deg f in here.. this is why I can't sleep.... if foxes, hedgehogs and and cats didn't come into my garden at night I'd go and sleep out there..

IMG-5070.jpg
Look into the technology for having a cool bed. This site is informative explaining the options well...

https://www.terrycralle.com/best-bed-cooling-systems/

View attachment 230866
We are off to Christchurch as soon as Her Ladyship has, put her face on, in our vintage MG. If the weather is as hot as Holly predicts, it will be standing room only in all the watering holes. That's Brit-speak for the pub.
not me predicting... it's the good old Met office...I've just put your location into the website.. and you;re supposed to be a massive.. 16 deg below us.. at only 70 f... WOW... perhaps I should have driven down there today to keep cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back